PDA

View Full Version : owning a gun and living by a school

gunsR4me
04-12-2008, 4:35 PM
Is there a law about living close to a school and owning guns that you keep in a safe in your house. Thanks

Fjold
04-12-2008, 5:18 PM
What you have to do is be careful on how you transport them on public roads near schools.

hawk1
04-12-2008, 5:22 PM
But think about the children...:eek:
I'll be by to take them off your hands and keep you out of jail...:p

bulgron
04-12-2008, 6:22 PM
What you have to do is be careful on how you transport them on public roads near schools.

Yeah, but is there really any difference between what's legal for transportation near a school and what's legal for transportation in most other places while in town? I mean, all supposing you aren't playing games with open but unloaded carry, of course.

gunsR4me
04-12-2008, 7:16 PM
But think about the children...:eek:
I'll be by to take them off your hands and keep you out of jail...:p

Haha well you might have a hard time getting them out of the liberty safe ;). But thanks for the info I just didn't know if there was a law against it because I'm moving in a couple of weeks right next to a school

EOD Guy
04-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah, but is there really any difference between what's legal for transportation near a school and what's legal for transportation in most other places while in town? I mean, all supposing you aren't playing games with open but unloaded carry, of course.

California law is the same whether near a school or not. Only handguns need to be in a locked case. Federal law requires that all firearms be in a locked case when being transported with 1,000 feet of a school. About the only time you would have to worry about a Federal violation would be as an add on to another Federal charge.