PDA

View Full Version : Murdered woman’s husband: 911 botched call

Comp^2
04-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Eric_Oh
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
wow.... thats tragic what happen to that young woman. What in the hell were those operators doing?

hoozaru
04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
911 is no help when you seriously need police presence, remember not long ago that West Covina woman who got shot while calling 911?

but 911 is very effective when sending SWAT team, K-9 unit, Helicopter and CNN crews to your house if a neighbor saw you cleaning ur rifles shotguns or just playing with airsoft.

l_Z_l
04-11-2008, 11:27 AM
WTF ... that's F**ked up and we're supposed to trust the system...

two day & 1 mo suspension for letting a women die ... wtf is that about ... maybe i'm not getting it but that's complete BS to me

spencerhut
04-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Being chased by a psycho down a country road. Time from the 911 call to the arrival of Sheriff = 45+ Minutes.

What saved us? My .45 and a willingness to use it.

Learn how to protect yourself. Teach the ones you love how to protect themselves.

Ironchef
04-11-2008, 11:38 AM
WTF ... that's F**ked up and we're supposed to trust the system...

two day & 1 mo suspension for letting a women die ... wtf is that about ... maybe i'm not getting it but that's complete BS to me

Cops do not have the legal duty to save you. When people start realizing this, they should evolve into the CCW crowd. 911 is more like a good will gesture hotline..if you get through. I personally have all my local PD dispatch numbers on speed dials and I recommend all others to do the same. 911 here in the golden gate division (chp division for bay area) gets 5k calls a day and they have 13 dispatchers I think...do the math and you'll see why getting through is a joke..cut out the middle man and put PD dispatch numbers on your cell phone..or wait for local PD's to answer cell phone based 911 calls....but again, consider them a public service geared towards being a good will gesture service more than protection.

rkt88edmo
04-11-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t11803.html

lots of detail if you want to dig in.

Very sad.

cadurand
04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
You know, I'm not going to turn this into an anti-police anti-governemnt rant. That's way too easy these days.

What I can't stand is when someone makes a huge mistake like this and does not get FIRED. Hell most of the time they are sent home with pay. That's called a vacation to most people.

I work in the private sector. If I were to make a mistake like that, hard to equate but if I got someone killed at work, I'd be fired that day. I know this and would expect it. I'd probably be arrested too.

Public employees screw the pooch with an alarming regularity and should pay for those mistakes. It might raise the bar for the rest of them and we'd get better service for our tax dollars.

tyrist
04-11-2008, 3:07 PM
Cadurand you don't have to worry about firing dispatchers since they quit so often. You rarely ever find a seasoned dispatcher because most cannot take the stress of handling calls such as this and quit. It's one of the biggest problems since a seasoned dispatcher is invaluable for everyone involved. I don't know how much time those dispatchers involved had on but it could be a contributing factor.

tombinghamthegreat
04-11-2008, 3:40 PM
Well its not the cops job to protect people its the individual job to defend themselves. If the individual fails to defend themselves its the individual fault and the cost could be negitive based off of how American Law works. Sad to hear but their national movement for change should involve CCW permits....

sardaukar
04-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Terrible story. Very, very sad. http://smiliesftw.com/x/tear.gif

If you were Janet, the woman who called 911 about seeing a child being abducted, would you leave it at that and continue on to your destination?

Of course it's easy to armchair quarterback, but if I thought a child were begin abducted, I would follow the car until Police arrived.

On another note, I don't understand why we are being disarmed. Everyone, even law enforcement, knows that they cannot protect us all of the time.

secretasianman
04-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Some of you will probably disagree with me here:

As much as I'd love to blame the 911 dispatchers, they're human and they make mistakes as well. I'm sure they have a very stressful job and the guilt of the woman dying because of one mistake will stick in their minds. Firing them is not an option because then you'd be 2 "trained" dispatchers short.

As far as the victim: This occurred in a Shall Issue state. If she had a gun on her she'd be alive. Over and over it's been decided the government is not responsible for your individual safety. I'm not saying she asked or deserved what happened, I'm just saying that with crime on the raise, people in Shall Issue states need to start re-examining why they're not carrying a firearm.

dwtt
04-12-2008, 10:40 PM
What I can't stand is when someone makes a huge mistake like this and does not get FIRED. Hell most of the time they are sent home with pay. That's called a vacation to most people.
Public employees screw the pooch with an alarming regularity and should pay for those mistakes. It might raise the bar for the rest of them and we'd get better service for our tax dollars.
That won't be possible. Govt jobs are basically lifetime employment as long as the person doesn't break any laws. I worked as a govt contractor once and saw how the govt employees can sit around and do nothing, but still collect their paycheck and not get fired. The ones who do work are the ones who have been there for less than 5 years and haven't realized they can't get fired. Also, for many positions in the govt, unions protect the employees and make them almost impossible to fire. Even the nonunion employees are hard to fire because the manager has to document bad performance with at least one annual review to avoid a lawsuit if the employee is fired. That means the employee has a year's notice that he's being targeted and if he's smarter than a walnut, will cover his back to avoid being fired.
As for calling 911, I'll call it in an emergency just to let the police know where to go, but I'll still rely on Mr. 1911 for help.

Hoop
04-13-2008, 6:25 PM

I know, it's a joke. You have a system where no one gets fired unless they do something un-PC, like tell an offensive joke/derisive comment what have you.

Not doing your job is FINE hahahahaha.