PDA

View Full Version : Cobray PM-11 & SWD

Mad Max
04-09-2008, 4:14 PM
I have a question for all of you. I have a cobray PM-11 Which I am planning on listing for sale on this board. I re-registered it back in 2000 when all so-called assault weapons ban where passed. Well looking at the paper work that I have proving it was re-registered, it reads SWD Cobray. My Cobray just saids Leinad Ducktown,TN. This little misprint on my paperwork should'nt be a problem selling it here in California under PPT,right? I want to make sure I do not break any laws. I do not need to get the attention of BATF:eek:

CCWFacts
04-09-2008, 4:19 PM
Huh? Registered AWs are non-transferable. If that's what it is, you can sell it out of state, sell it to an FFL with an AW permit, or surrender it.

DedEye
04-09-2008, 4:20 PM
Huh? Registered AWs are non-transferable. If that's what it is, you can sell it out of state, sell it to an FFL with an AW permit, or surrender it.

He can only sell it out of state through an AW permit holding FFL, or by taking it out of state himself, correct?

PanzerAce
04-09-2008, 5:33 PM
He can only sell it out of state through an AW permit holding FFL, or by taking it out of state himself, correct?

Correct, but taking it out of state is only if he is going to hand it (or ship it), directly to an FFL. Can't do FTF xfers that way.

wilit
04-09-2008, 5:38 PM
I guess the real question is, does the side of your firearm have SWD on it? If no, and it only has Cobray, then it is not a named AW. You can swap the threaded barrel out for a non-threaded barrel and un-register it as an AW.

There was actually a thread asking almost the exact same question a few months ago.

ke6guj
04-09-2008, 5:42 PM

Isn't the PM-11 Off list? I don't see them listed. M-11's are but not PM-11's. If so, make sure it doesn't have any AW features and it could be unregistered and sold instate PPT.

Mad Max
04-09-2008, 5:51 PM
It doe's not have a treaded barrel. So I guess it's O.K. there. I read in this board where other members sold there PM-11's through PPT. I did not know you had to unregister the PM-11. I'm a lttle confused now. Was I not suppose to register it in 2000 along with my AK and AR15 ?:confused:

1919_4_ME
04-09-2008, 5:57 PM
You might as well hold onto it becuase once you take it out of state its only a $200 gun.Cobrays are dime a dozen out here so you might as well keep it.If it wasnt an AW it would be worth anywhere from $700-$1000 for an instate private party transfer.:chris:

ke6guj
04-09-2008, 6:05 PM
It doe's not have a treaded barrel. So I guess it's O.K. there. I read in this board where other members sold there PM-11's through PPT.They sold them here since they aren't AWs because they don't have the characteristics of an AW and aren't AW registered.

I did not know you had to unregister the PM-11. I'm a lttle confused now.If you want to sell it in-state, it can't be an AW, so if you wanted to sell it, you'd need to have it unregisterd as an AW since AWs can't be sold in CA.

Was I not suppose to register it in 2000 along with my AK and AR15 ?:confused:if it did not have the characteristics of an AW, you weren't required to register it in 2000.

jamesob
04-09-2008, 6:08 PM
if its registered and off list he can sell it in cal. just make sure it doesn't have a threaded barrel.

aplinker
04-09-2008, 7:11 PM
No threaded barrel or barrel shroud and not listed means it can be unregistered and sold by PPT.

:)

If it doesn't say SWD and/or it says PM-11, then you're good to go.

(3) The following MAC types:
(A) RPB Industries Inc. sM10 and sM11.
(B) SWD Incorporated M-11.
(C) Advance Armament Inc. M-11.
(D) Military Armament Corp. Ingram M-11.

Mad Max
04-09-2008, 7:18 PM
Thanks for all the information guys. I will make a call tomorrow to find out how to unregester it.