PDA

View Full Version : DROS'ing question

5150Marcelo
04-09-2008, 4:14 PM
I just came back from a gun store (wont say which) and had DROS'd two firearms. These were 2 FTF's from FFL to FFL. I was told it was $50 fee + $25 DROS fee for first firearm, *understood* then $10+$25 DROS fee for every one after that *understood*
I get there, then they say its $20 fee for each after the first firearm. *fine, not a problem*
I was just wondering, do I have to DROS each firearm seperately if I am buying them together? Cant I run both on same form and pay the $25 DROS fee once?
I ask because, on the form, it ask for what I am DROSing. Pistol, Long gun, or both.

Just checking. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

fun2none
04-09-2008, 4:29 PM
I just came back from a gun store (wont say which) and had DROS'd two firearms. These were 2 FTF's from FFL to FFL. I was told it was $50 fee + $25 DROS fee for first firearm, *understood* then $10+$25 DROS fee for every one after that *understood*
I get there, then they say its $20 fee for each after the first firearm. *fine, not a problem*
I was just wondering, do I have to DROS each firearm seperately if I am buying them together? Cant I run both on same form and pay the $25 DROS fee once?
I ask because, on the form, it ask for what I am DROSing. Pistol, Long gun, or both.

Just checking. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

To my knowledge, multiple long guns can share a DROS and the dealer can charge a fee for each long gun on the DROS. Handguns require a separate DROS fee.

5150Marcelo
04-09-2008, 4:32 PM
To my knowledge, multiple long guns can share a DROS and the dealer can charge a fee for each long gun on the DROS. Handguns require a separate DROS fee.

ten 4, just asking cuz i saw the option for "Both" along with pistol or long gun
grassyass!:D