PDA

View Full Version : LanworldInc

5150Marcelo
04-07-2008, 9:46 PM
They do have great deals, but the shipping just kills it for me. Anyone know if they ever have sales where shipping is free? Maybe coupon code? They have the best prices, even with shipping charges, but free shipping would be killer. Even if you ordered over a specified amount... $50- $100 bux. Wouldnt you say?

5150Marcelo
04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
nothin' huh?

aplinker
04-07-2008, 10:45 PM
So... they have the best prices, even with shipping included, and you think they should cover your shipping costs by cutting into their already tiny margins so you can get an even better deal than the smoking deal you're getting?

Just another perspective...

They occasionally offer free shipping on specific big ticket items. You're free to call and ask.

5150Marcelo
04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=uclaplinker;1121694]So... they have the best prices, even with shipping included, and you think they should cover your shipping costs by cutting into their already tiny margins so you can get an even better deal than the smoking deal you're getting?
Just another perspective...
QUOTE]

Yezzzzzzzirrrrr!!!:D

tenpercentfirearms
04-08-2008, 5:01 AM
LOL. Some people aren't happy until they give it away I guess.

JPB
04-08-2008, 5:55 AM
Man, Chris only charged me like $20 to ship a PTR and a Vector to me. I was pretty happy with that.

glockman19
04-08-2008, 7:02 AM
Chris is one of the the nicest Fairest guy I have met.

I will continue to buy from him and "Thank Him" every time for great prices and customer service.

hoozaru
04-08-2008, 7:02 AM
$20 shipping is standard, you get insurance and tracking number.
I once shipped just a stock through UPS ground, it was like $12 already after insurance and delivery confirmation.

Addax
04-08-2008, 10:01 AM
If dealers were to absorb shipping costs, 1 of 2 things would happen:

1) the cost of the products would go up to cover the shipping costs in the cost of the products sold.

2) we (dealers) would handicap ourselves and limit our ability to do business properly since we would be cutting into profit margins to cover shipping costs, which in turn would limit the businesses ability to raise captial and stay in business and to buy more of the cool products our customers request.

lanworldinc. has very reasonable prices and their shipping costs are not very high.

firehawkcpo
04-08-2008, 2:42 PM
+1 for his good work.

Chris is one of the the nicest Fairest guy I have met.

I will continue to buy from him and "Thank Him" every time for great prices and customer service.

chakup
04-08-2008, 2:51 PM
Yep people just don't realise how much we as dealers have into a product in the first place- and then want cuts here and there. Shipping aint cheap. There are some places that yes still upcharge to make some money on shipping- but for the most part there about spot on.

natedogg1777
04-08-2008, 4:58 PM
I love it! I run a used office furniture store and people ask me for free delivery all the time...my response is always: "Sure! Let's go talk to my delivery guys and ask them if they can work for free for the day. Then let's call up the gas company and see if they can fill up the tank on their dollar, and then let's see if the insurance company can waive our premium.". That usually puts that to a stop:)