PDA

View Full Version : Frito-Lay supports anti gunners

hawaii five-0
04-07-2008, 4:03 PM
I recently purchased some spicy nacho Doritos brand chips,and boy was I supprised!On the back was a little promo about how Doritos recognizes those who"do somthing".The story was about Theo Milonopoulos.At the age of 10 he appearently witnessed the north hollywood shootout.At age 11 he petitioned the city of Los Angeles to enact an ammunition ban.He also has lobbied for a federal ban on assult weapons.I cant support a company that promotes such behavior.If it wasnt for the availability of guns and ammunition,the police wouldnt have been able to walk into a gun store and grab the rifles they needed to end this very same shootout!! Please call Frito Lay to let them know that you will not buy their products if they take an anti gun stance.Remind them that the NRA is one of the most powerful political organizations in the country.The phone # is 1-800-352-4477.The product is Spicy Nachos Doritos.2 5/8 oz bag with the "do somthing" promo on the back right side of the bag.Make the call!

AfricanHunter
04-07-2008, 4:25 PM
That is interesting....

I went fishing on a ranch down in Argentina that was owned by the heir to the Frito Lay's fortune. There was also a fairly large hunting operation going on there (birds, pigs and Red Stags). Although, they are a publically traded company. and I doubt he bothers with what they put on their bags of chips

Found this;

You'll find the same attention to detail next door at Andeluna Cellars (andeluna.com). Originally part of a well-known Argentine wine family's estate, the property was sold in 1995 to H. Ward Lay, the son of Frito-Lay founder Herman Lay. A longtime fan of Argentina -- Lay also owns a 200,000-acre hunting estate in Patagonia -- Andeluna is a wine lover's paradise. There are four tasting areas, a demonstration kitchen for cooking classes, and an elegant restaurant with wonderful pastas and other Italian-influenced dishes.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_18/b3982095.htm

Josh3239
04-07-2008, 7:44 PM
There are plenty of hunters out there who hold the opinion that regular citizens don't need "AWs".

packnrat
04-07-2008, 11:02 PM
man how could a 10 year old kid even understand bullets and aw
let alone how to do a govermental ban on them????:eek::eek:

:TFH:

Stanze
04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
*spits Fritos all over keyboard and monitor*

WHAT?!?!?:eek:

Mr. Mildot
04-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Ever since they came out with Olestra and my Auntie crapped her pants at the drive-in, I knew they were up to something sinister.

zcktomcat
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM
man how could a 10 year old kid even understand bullets and aw
let alone how to do a govermental ban on them????:eek::eek:

:TFH:

Odds are some grown up just fed idea's to the kid and he regurgitated them. I remember being told in elementary school that AW's were super powerful killing machines with no hunting purpose.

Patriot
04-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Doritos are one of the few junk foods I still eat :( I'll have to take a look at the back of the bag.

What was Frito-Lays thinking? Out of all the causes in all the world, they go and pick a divisive and politically tenuous one :rolleyes:

RobG
04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
:rofl2:Ever since they came out with Olestra and my Auntie crapped her pants at the drive-in, I knew they were up to something sinister.

yellowfin
04-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Switch to Zapp's.

Matt C
04-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Ever since they came out with Olestra and my Auntie crapped her pants at the drive-in, I knew they were up to something sinister.

Everyone is the office just got done staring at me for laughing at that one. Should have put a warning...

ViPER395
04-08-2008, 1:37 PM
What kid doesn't like shooting and machine guns?

Better check if he has testicles. If so, cut them off, he's a liberal!

oaklander
05-02-2008, 11:34 AM
The website for Vox Populi hasn't been updated since 2006, and nobody appears to visit it anyway.

Some kid trying to get grant money to start a non-profit, IMHO. Also - if you look at their "accomplishments" - you will see that they accomplished nothing.

http://www.quantcast.com/search/http://voxpopuliusa.org

Regarding Frito-Lays, some letters might be in order.

I am researching who to send them to right now.

oaklander
05-02-2008, 11:40 AM
The kid is now at Stanford - his email is milonot@stanford.edu.

Keep it respectful, if you do email him.

WokMaster1
05-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I bet AM is on their advisory board:p

Ballistic043
05-02-2008, 1:03 PM
*spits Fritos all over keyboard and monitor*

WHAT?!?!?:eek:

LOL

.... and that almost made me do it for real! except with water and through my nose

Paladin
05-02-2008, 9:01 PM
I cant support a company that promotes such behavior.If it wasnt for the availability of guns and ammunition,the police wouldnt have been able to walk into a gun store and grab the rifles they needed to end this very same shootout!! Please call Frito Lay to let them know that you will not buy their products if they take an anti gun stance.Remind them that the NRA is one of the most powerful political organizations in the country.The phone # is 1-800-352-4477.The product is Spicy Nachos Doritos.2 5/8 oz bag with the "do somthing" promo on the back right side of the bag.Make the call!If you really don't want to aid and abet our enemies (those who actively support opposition to our RKBA), then click on the link in my sig line re "15 things YOU CAN DO . . .", and then click on the link for item #15. That will take you to a webpage the NRA-ILA maintains of celebrities, organizations, corporations and media that fight against us.

To save you time, the link is also here:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

Be sure to ck out my other 14 things and feel free to copy my sig line to use as your own -- we're all in this fight together!