PDA

View Full Version : NRA-ILA 3 Question Poll re CCW: DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID ! ! !

Paladin
04-06-2008, 7:49 AM
DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID ! ! !

This morning, I got an email Alert from the NRA-ILA and it included a link to a new feature they're offering: an online 3 Q poll to get a feel for the priorities and concerns of members.

I did not get much sleep last night and read the 2nd Q of the poll too fast. It asks you, "Do you have a Right-to-Carry Permit from the state where you live?" It then gives you the options of:

"(1) Yes (or live in VT)"
"(2) No."
"(3) Can't get one (or live in IL or WI)"

By mistake I selected "No" because I MISREAD the other non-Yes option as "Can't get one (live in IL or WI)" -- I missed the first "or" in the parenthetical! I thought it was referring only to the No Issue states, but it in fact includes us in May Issue states.

For most of us in the PRK, we should select "(3) Can't get one (or live in IL or WI)." This applies to those who live in a May Issue state like the PRK, but don't bother applying because they know they can't get one. Frankly, this question is not worded well: this option applies to those of us who know we can't get one because, despite our clean records, our CLEOs don't consider "self-defense" valid Good Cause. This option also applies to those who can't get one because they are legally forbidden from getting a CCW (e.g., minors, felons, etc.). Does the NRA really want to equate those people with residents of IL and WI? ;) Oh well, it's their first online poll, I'll cut them some slack.

If you select "(2) No," that means you've chosen not to get a CCW even though you could get one (e.g., you live in a Shall Issue state, but chose not to apply).

If anyone knows if there is any way for me to change my vote, please let me know.

Like I said at the beginning of this, DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID ! ! !

M. Sage
04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm looking at the poll right now.

Option two is "no" option three is "can't get one, or live in WI or IL".

AfricanHunter
04-06-2008, 12:34 PM
The poll was screwed up on my screen/computer. The box that the poll was in cut off the bottom so on Q2 there was only 2 options when there should have been 3.. I am using Mozilla, anyone else have this happen to them?

Paladin
04-06-2008, 8:27 PM
I'm looking at the poll right now.

Option two is "no" option three is "can't get one, or live in WI or IL".Are you looking at the page for that Q where you can vote? Or are you looking at the page for that Q that shows the results of the poll?

I thought the page for that Q where you can vote had it as option #2, but I could be wrong.

Thanks. I'll edit my initial post to not tie it to the number but to the correct option and its correct meaning.

M. Sage
04-06-2008, 8:43 PM
I was at the voting page.

Paladin
04-06-2008, 9:09 PM
I was at the voting page.Thanks again, I'll edit it again.

Glock22Fan
04-07-2008, 8:10 AM
Got a link? I missed that email

Thanks