PDA

View Full Version : HK VP9

Bigbuyer2477
06-24-2014, 7:49 AM
Does anyone know if the VP9 will be on the roster?

Paperchasin
06-24-2014, 7:50 AM
Not likely to be on roster due to micro stamping requirements. There's a bigger thread in California Handguns forum too.

GlennG31
06-24-2014, 7:50 AM

Most likely not because of the microstamping law that's in effect.

IVC
06-24-2014, 8:25 AM
Others said it politely, but in this case it's a RESOUNDING NO!

VP9 doesn't qualify on multiple requirements and is certainly not grandfathered in the way Glock Gen-3 are. Your only option is SSE until the end of the year, or Pena v. Cid ruling in our favor this summer/fall which would eliminate roster altogether.

Bigbuyer2477
06-24-2014, 10:12 AM
But bringing one in is ok right? I would assume the exemption would apply if I move back at the end of the year

IVC
06-24-2014, 10:32 AM
But bringing one in is ok right? I would assume the exemption would apply if I move back at the end of the year

If you own one legally out of state and are moving into CA you are good to go.

Roster is only about purchase of new guns and has nothing to do with legality of ownership. Just make sure that you follow magazine capacity limits, no threaded barrels and alike.

HappyCamper781
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Ever since microstamping requirement last year was active, NO new handguns will be able to be added to the roster at all. They will only fall off at this point, never to return under current law.

IVC
06-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Ever since microstamping requirement last year was active, NO new handguns will be able to be added to the roster at all. They will only fall off at this point, never to return under current law.

Loaded chamber indicator was not too bad since external extractor with some paint *used to* be sufficient to qualify. Magazine disconnect was the beginning of the end since many modern guns don't have it. Microstamping was the last nail in the coffin.

Quiet
06-24-2014, 12:20 PM
It will never be placed on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale; because it does not have a chamber load indicator, magazine disconnect mechanism, and microstamping array.

Quiet
06-24-2014, 12:22 PM

If you move to CA as a new resident, any handgun you bring with you is not required to be on the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale.

However, the handgun can not be considered a prohibited weapon (assault weapon/MG/SBR/SBS) and you can not bring any large capacity (11+ round) magazines.

The H&K VP-7 uses the H&K P-30 magazine, so factory 10 round magazines are available.

jyo
06-25-2014, 10:55 AM
OK, ok---soooooo someone please move to the Socal area from another state and bring me a VP-9 (perfectly legal)…

THANKS!

MisplacedTexan
06-25-2014, 11:13 AM

I never thought CA would see CA be a 'shall' issue state (yeah, it still isn't but where I'm living in the OC - so far we have become such)...... I hope the current law is overturned in regards to the roster..... I'm not holding my breath BUT since I would like to get subject gun (and a number of others) w/o the hoops one must go though.

EthanMcD
06-26-2014, 9:58 PM
It has the chamber indicator, unlike what dumbass said earlier. But!!! It will not have micro stamping. However, you can still get it by either, getting it Single Shot Exempted (SSE) from the shop, or getting it in a Private Party Transfer (PPT).
Source: I'm a gun shop rep.

EthanMcD
06-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Annnnd. Yes, it can be ordered with 10 round magazines. Also, if you for some reason get it with no magazines, you can just buy the p30 9 mil magazines. It's the same mag well.

Quiet
06-27-2014, 6:33 AM
It has the chamber indicator, unlike what dumbass said earlier.

The H&K VP-9 has a loaded chamber indicator, but it does not have a chamber load indicator.

CA requires a chamber load indicator [PC 16380], not a loaded chamber indicator.

All chamber load indicators are loaded chamber indicators, but not all loaded chamber indicators are chamber load indicators.

There are differences between a loaded chamber indicator and a chamber load indicator. If you did not know that, then it shows you are ignorant about subject.

Penal Code 16380
As used in this part, "chamber load indicator" means a device that plainly indicates that a cartridge is in the firing chamber. A device satisfies this definition if it is readily visible, has incorporated or adjacent explanatory text or graphics, or both, and is designed and intended to indicate to a reasonably foreseeable adult user of the pistol, without requiring the user to refer to a user's manual or any other resource other than the pistol itself, whether a cartridge is in the firing chamber.

EatsEverything
06-27-2014, 8:59 AM
So... what's the difference?

You seem to know and Google's not being very helpful.

Deimos887
06-27-2014, 7:26 PM
^ look up "CA compliant S&W Shield", "Ruger SR9", or CA compliant Sig Sauer" bright red shark fin "loaded when up"

Deimos887
06-27-2014, 7:31 PM
^ = CA chamber load indicator, anything less is considered invalid.