PDA

View Full Version : PPT multiple handguns.

KJH
04-05-2008, 12:17 PM
The FFL I use told me not to take possession of more than ONE handgun every FIVE days. Something about extra paperwork that goes to DOJ and the LLEA. He said you can do the DROS but not take possesion.
Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

halifax
04-05-2008, 12:22 PM
He would need to report the sale (or other dispostion) of multiple pistols or revolvers on ATF form 3310.4. No big deal.

As for taking possession, you will still need to wait the ten days. Then you can take the multiple handguns.

bwiese
04-05-2008, 12:24 PM
You can PPT/DROS an unlimited # of handguns.

The issue is that extra paperwork is filed with *BATF* for multiple handgun sales within 5 day window.

The ATF is likely then to call back the dealer and ask if Joe Blow really bought all those handguns. The proper reply of the FFL is, "Yes, he's a S&W wheelgun nut."

This situation happened to me a coupla wks ago when I DROSed a blued King Cobra (consignment) then a few days later DROSed a S&W 915.

KJH
04-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Is this reporting a big deal? Is it one of those things that will bring the Crown Vics to the house? Or is it just a minor check to make sure type of thing?

bwiese
04-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Is this reporting a big deal? Is it one of those things that will bring the Crown Vics to the house? Or is it just a minor check to make sure type of thing?

It's a minor check sorta thing, generally.

If you were PPTing 10 Glocks of the same model, that might raise questions (even w/FFL).

But I think you should relax. I just went thru this 2wks ago.