PDA

View Full Version : Question about AW registration

mac-10mike
04-04-2008, 8:25 PM
Hi guys im new to calguns. I registered a bunch of guns in 99.Whenever I get pulled over by the police,they act funny like im armed.I got stopped last month and I had my hands on the wheel and the officer snarled keep your hands on the wheel and stood behind me.I have no criminal record. My question is does the DOJ transmit info about AW registration to patrol cars when you get stopped? I think they do if the police come to your house on a call. Thanks for any help guys.

Hopi
04-04-2008, 8:28 PM
Welcome to the forum!

This has been discussed here before, somebody shall come along soon with an answer....

KenpoProfessor
04-04-2008, 8:32 PM
Hi guys im new to calguns. I registered a bunch of guns in 99.Whenever I get pulled over by the police,they act funny like im armed.I got stopped last month and I had my hands on the wheel and the officer snarled keep your hands on the wheel and stood behind me.I have no criminal record. My question is does the DOJ transmit info about AW registration to patrol cars when you get stopped? I think they do if the police come to your house on a call. Thanks for any help guys.

Why do you think I moved.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

SkyStorm82
04-04-2008, 8:39 PM
You should go on a ride-along....

JayRuff
04-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Thats one of the downsides of having registered AW's in Kaliforniastan

saki302
04-05-2008, 1:32 AM
From what my retired LE buddy told me, this is a myth.. or at least it was when he was on duty. It takes probable cause or an offense for DOJ to run a check on registered AW numbers (or used to).

-Dave

bohoki
04-05-2008, 12:26 PM
yes all police cars have heads up displays that read licence plates of cars and when a registered assault weapon owner's licence plate is scanned the heads up display flashes glowing red over that particular car

hoffmang
04-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Officers should not by policy be getting the AFS (this is where handguns and AWs are) data during routine traffic stops. Importantly, handguns don't look different from AWs in the AFS output.

-Gene

DougH9
04-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I know FOR FACT that they get AW info when running a plate.

A couple of years ago I was rudly awakened when sleeping in the camper shell of my truck on the side of the road (I had no guns with me). The first thing the cop said when I stuck my head out was "do you have your assault weapons in there!?". He then proceded to search my vehicle (I know...I should have put up a fuss).

I was pissed for being bothered & woken up, and disturbed that I have now become a "quasi" criminal to the police.

AfricanHunter
04-05-2008, 1:20 PM
yes all police cars have heads up displays that read licence plates of cars and when a registered assault weapon owner's licence plate is scanned the heads up display flashes glowing red over that particular car

Does the same happen for CDL's? what about handguns?

M. Sage
04-05-2008, 8:09 PM
My question is does the DOJ transmit info about AW registration to patrol cars when you get stopped? I think they do if the police come to your house on a call. Thanks for any help guys.

No. And no.

Cops in CA almost always treat you like you're a heavily armed psychopath ready to kill them at the drop of a hat.

Do you blame them?

AJAX22
04-05-2008, 8:24 PM
No. And no.

Cops in CA almost always treat you like you're a heavily armed psychopath ready to kill them at the drop of a hat.

Do you blame them?

No... But the voices in my head take issue