PDA

View Full Version : DOJ wasting money!

cleanguy46
04-03-2008, 6:19 PM
Wow....just seeing on channel 3 reports that DOJ has wasted 2.4 million dollars during the period of a fiscal year! Hmmmmm......wondering what they are doing? Maybe a secret Asian man getting a makeover somewhere?

snobordr
04-03-2008, 6:22 PM
Yeah, sounds about right for a bunch of bureaucrats sitting around trying to figure out what to do about a non-problem, like legally configured OLLs maybe?

mymonkeyman
04-03-2008, 6:26 PM
Those desks don't pay for themselves.

762cavalier
04-03-2008, 6:37 PM
Ohmygosh- you mean there is wasteful spending going on in government offices:eek:

I'm shocked, positively shocked.;)

Now that it has been aired to the public maybe DOJ will stop the FUD machine and do their jobs(I know, wishful thinking on my part)

hoffmang
04-03-2008, 7:28 PM

:smilielol5:

-Gene

Anthonysmanifesto
04-03-2008, 8:07 PM
see summary of report here http://bsa.ca.gov/reports/summary.php?id=562

shocked , shocked I am that there is gambling going on in here!

from the report :
"DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

The Department of Justice (Justice) created inefficiency when it entered into a series of side letters negotiated directly with a bargaining unit. These side letters were not submitted to the Department of Personnel Administration, nor were they ratified by the Legislature. As a result, Justice absorbed the salaries and benefits of four employees who were released from work full-time over a 12-year span to participate in union-related activities at a cost of $2.4 million. However, Justice is unlikely to recover these costs because the bargaining unit relied on the side letters."

Rhys898
04-03-2008, 8:28 PM
see summary of report here http://bsa.ca.gov/reports/summary.php?id=562

The Department of Justice (Justice) created inefficiency when it entered into a series of side letters negotiated directly with a bargaining unit. These side letters were not submitted to the Department of Personnel Administration, nor were they ratified by the Legislature. As a result, Justice absorbed the salaries and benefits of four employees who were released from work full-time over a 12-year span to participate in union-related activities at a cost of $2.4 million. However, Justice is unlikely to recover these costs because the bargaining unit relied on the side letters."

can you explain that in plain english???

Dont Tread on Me
04-03-2008, 8:51 PM

I understand the SFPD will take on the DOJ's bulk desk order now ND man has moved to the city.

bwiese
04-03-2008, 8:56 PM
And some of you say letters signed by Alison aren't worthwhile :)

Biff...
04-03-2008, 9:01 PM
First off aren't these guys call Bof now, didn't Jerry, give them a demotion?

Next week I'm attending a town hall meeting with my state rep. He wants to talk about the budget crisis. I think I'll ask him why this $2 large was spent so wastefully.

For gods sake my kids teacher is being laid off and the morons in the BOF are wasting money. I don't get it.

acolytes
04-03-2008, 9:53 PM
First of aren't these guys call Bof now, didn't Jerry, give them a demotion?

Next week I'm attending a town hall meeting with my state rep. He wants to talk about the budget crisis. I think I'll ask him why this $2 large was spent so wastefully.

For gods sake my kids teacher is being laid off and the morons in the BOF are wasting money. I don't get it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ford8N
04-04-2008, 4:57 AM
First of aren't these guys call Bof now, didn't Jerry, give them a demotion?

The reason they can waste money is because they are a public safety organization. Law enforcement rules this state and are untouchable. Look at the CHP and Dept of Corrections.

There is nothing you can do, give them your money.

Wulf
04-04-2008, 7:03 AM
If I could wave my magic wand and change one thing in the world for the betterment of all man kind, I'd make election day occur the day after tax day.

TonyM
04-04-2008, 7:14 AM

:iggy2:

:D

bg
04-04-2008, 7:23 AM
Someone has to buy the donuts...

savageevo
04-04-2008, 7:30 AM
Or better yet. Someone has to stop buying the donuts.