PDA

View Full Version : Century wants to see my photo ID!?

hoozaru
04-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Ordered polymer AK furniture items from Century's website
I received an email message this morning.

I received your order, thank you. It is time for us to update your file info. Attached please find our waiver, if you can fill it out and either fax it or email it back to me along with a photocopy of a picture ID (please enlarge copy so that it is legible) and can update your account and process your order. I am sorry for the inconvenience. If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Egwin Jusoh

Century International Arms Inc.

well I didn't know i have to show valid ID to buy some plastic over the internet. Should I bend over email a jpeg of my DL or just go ahead cancel the order?

BadFish
04-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I would Cancel but thats just me.

DRM6000
04-03-2008, 10:32 AM
ask them why they need it and post the response

BadFish
04-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Or, just tell them "No, I will not fax or email you a copy of my DL. You can either send me my order or return my money."

hoozaru
04-03-2008, 10:47 AM
ask them why they need it and post the response

done that, waiting for their response.
hopefully, they just got my items mixed up with some other californian's ammo order.

hoozaru
04-03-2008, 12:02 PM
latest update

Hi,

It is company policy that if a customer does not have a C&R or Dealer license they must fill in the waiver and send it back to us either by fax or email along with a picture ID. By doing so we can create an account for you and process your order. Please find the waiver attached. If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Egwin

ok, i am confused. does this mean Century will create account for customers who do not yet own C&R or Dealer FFL? that's different than what I remember the last time I bought stuff from them. Anyone here recently ordered non-C&R non-ammo items from Century and experienced the same thing?

packnrat
04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
you are buying via the computer and mail services....there is no reason for them to have a copy of your DL on file.

:TFH:

USN CHIEF
04-03-2008, 12:07 PM
That's some weird crap.. I would definately try to find a different place to buy what you need..

hoozaru
04-03-2008, 12:08 PM
and the new waiver states clearly
"Verification of eligibility to purchase any non-firearm product from Century International Arms, Inc."

Nodda Duma
04-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Tell them you're cancelling your order, and that you will reconsider when they reverse their recent policies restricting sales of legal items to California residents. (ie ammo and now this)

-Jason

Harrison_Bergeron
04-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Have you confirmed that they are not mixing your order with someone else's?

If you do send them the pic, I would fax it, wouldn't want a jpeg of my info on the interweb.

EOD Guy
04-03-2008, 1:51 PM
Tell them you're cancelling your order, and that you will reconsider when they reverse their recent policies restricting sales of legal items to California residents. (ie ammo and now this)

-Jason

Century will sell ammunition to California customers with a C&R FFL.

hoozaru
04-03-2008, 2:38 PM
Have you confirmed that they are not mixing your order with someone else's?

If you do send them the pic, I would fax it, wouldn't want a jpeg of my info on the interweb.

there is no mixup,

the waiver form says "for Non-firearm product", basically it wants me to agree that I will not be using items purchased from Century to do anything illegal in my state.

that document was created on 09/2007, and last edited on 2/28/2008

WokMaster1
04-03-2008, 2:44 PM
sounds really silly for a policy BUT it is what it is. There are other places that WILL sell you plastic furniture without a DL & waiver. Support those places.

bohoki
04-03-2008, 4:32 PM
weird i needed to send them an id for ammo because they had to be sure i was at least 18 but geez for rifle furniture thats crazy

Mr. Beretta
04-03-2008, 5:06 PM
It's their product so it's their rules.

But you don't have to buy their products!

I wouldn't & I sure as h*ll wouldn't fax them a copy of my CDL. Buy somewhere else.

Fjold
04-03-2008, 5:24 PM
Photoshop.

How do they know what the D/L number and your birthdate are supposed to be?

Iknownot
04-03-2008, 5:32 PM
Photoshop.

How do they know what the D/L number and your birthdate are supposed to be?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/Babfam/iammclovin.png

(I kid, I kid....)

bohoki
04-03-2008, 6:48 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/Babfam/iammclovin.png

(I kid, I kid....)

haa i never realized he signed his name with a G but his name is mclovin