PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Expands CCW Rights

mister dize
04-03-2008, 7:12 AM
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/stories/2008/04/02/guns_0403.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

The Georgia state senate has passed a bill that will allow CCW holders to carry on MARTA (the public transit system) and in restaurants, provided they don't drink alcohol.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Great butthurt response from the left, too:

"Is it wise to send the message that it's open season for gun-toters on MARTA?"

...what does that even mean?

mymonkeyman
04-03-2008, 1:06 PM
You should reply that it would be irresponsible for the environment and reflect a serious unwillingness to address the climate change problem to exclude a whole class of people from public transportation. See if their heads explode.

FreedomIsNotFree
04-03-2008, 1:37 PM
I wonder if there were any specific court challenges to the MARTA ban. I mean, how could government ban people from public transportation for exercising a their CCW rights?

dasmi
04-03-2008, 1:38 PM
Excellent!

mymonkeyman
04-03-2008, 2:24 PM
I wonder if there were any specific court challenges to the MARTA ban. I mean, how could government ban people from public transportation for exercising a their CCW rights?

Well under the government's view, CCW rights are created by the government so they can put whatever limitations they want on it. Even if courts found CCW rights were constitutionally protected, the government probably would be able to ban carrying them on government property.

yellowfin
04-03-2008, 3:51 PM
Hmm...see this, CA leaders and officials who read this board? The rest of the country is EXPANDING CCW. Get on board and stop living in the dark ages!!

CCWFacts
04-03-2008, 3:56 PM
"Is it wise to send the message that it's open season for gun-toters on MARTA?"

Well, everyone knows that Georgia is the FIRST STATE IN THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES, PROBABLY THE ENTIRE WORLD, to allow CCW on public transit. There's no information, evidence or experience whatsoever about can happen when people carry guns on public transit so of course it's reasonable for people to panic over this.

yellowfin
04-03-2008, 4:00 PM
How much crime has taken place on public transits?

GuyW
04-03-2008, 4:40 PM

Duno about Georgia.

In San Diego, riding the trolley system is asking for it...

Shotgun Man
04-03-2008, 5:51 PM
Hmm...see this, CA leaders and officials who read this board? The rest of the country is EXPANDING CCW. Get on board and stop living in the dark ages!!

You think there are any?

ldivinag
04-04-2008, 11:11 AM

in norcal, the BART system is just a great place to read up on police blotters...

FlyingPen
04-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Too bad Georgia still has stupid blue laws.

Mac Attack
04-28-2008, 8:12 PM
Have you ever ridden the MARTA?

I am a recently relocated Georgian and I have to tell you there are some scary people who travel on the MARTA. I didn't care what the law was, I normally always carried.... and yes, I do have a CCW.

thegratenate
04-28-2008, 8:19 PM
Yet another place where criminals will no longer be safe.

Mark one up for the good guys.
I wonder how the bad guys in AZ feel about folks going into the Circle K with a hogleg strapped on?
The fact that guns prevent crime, or deter future crimes from being committed by those unlucky enough to get shot in the act will eventually become evident enough that the antis will have to get down off the crusade of guns causing more crime and just say that they don't want the poor criminals to have an unsafe workplace.

robitrocks
04-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Have you ever ridden the MARTA?

I am a recently relocated Georgian and I have to tell you there are some scary people who travel on the MARTA. I didn't care what the law was, I normally always carried.... and yes, I do have a CCW.

I agree MARTA's pretty scary. :eek: