PDA

View Full Version : Account Time Out

dixieD
03-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi,
I wasn't sure where to ask this and this forum seemed the most relevant.

I was wondering how the login time out is set. Sometimes when I post by the time I am finished and submit the post my account has timed out and I have to log back in. When this happens the post is lost so now I copy it first just in case.

There must be a option that allows the user to set the time out clock duration, but I cannot find it.

Any help is much appreciated.

USN CHIEF
03-28-2008, 11:37 AM
When you login in at the login screen, also click the "Remember me" and you will be GTG until you log out...

JPglee1
03-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi,
I wasn't sure where to ask this and this forum seemed the most relevant.

I was wondering how the login time out is set. Sometimes when I post by the time I am finished and submit the post my account has timed out and I have to log back in. When this happens the post is lost so now I copy it first just in case.

There must be a option that allows the user to set the time out clock duration, but I cannot find it.

Any help is much appreciated.

I have the exact same problem and I type 120+ WPM! lol

Anyway the remember me option works, but I opt not to use it for security.

Good luck

J

dixieD
03-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the help.

StraightShooter
03-28-2008, 1:56 PM
I agree, i would rather not have to use the remember me option because its too easy to leave yourself logged in where people could access my account. Is there any way to increase the automatic log out time by like 5 minutes? It sucks when you lose all of a post or pm that you were writing.

aplinker
03-28-2008, 6:06 PM
When I saw this thread I thought it was about people that have been banned... on "account time-out."