PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, glad to be here!

LibertyOptics
03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Folks,

We are officially onboard as a vendor for CalGuns.net!!

I am in the middle of a move from Florida to Montana, so I'm not going to be around too much in the next couple of weeks. However, I wanted to thank all the members here for their prior support. I have had many customers say we were mentioned here, and we strongly believe in giving back to those who support us. Though we are best known for our work as an IOR distributor, we are a full-line optics store and we do not sell junk. I am very fussy and picky about optics and am not afraid to call a spade a spade. I will share my insights into industry trends and "behind the scenes" info that you might find interesting and informative. My first job will be to post my SHOT Show report, with impressions of new products and industry trends.

I am the longest running vendor on Sniper's Paradise. I am also a registered vendor on Sniper's Hide. CalGuns is only my third forum I am sponsoring, and as I go fulltime I promise I will have plenty of time to be of service to the members.

We promise aggressive discounts, top notch service, and advice that will help steer you to the products that are right for you, not for us.

Thanks to Paul (Kestryll) for being so easy to deal with. I see you have a dynamic selection of vendors here and we hope to be a valued contributor for the members here!

I'll post our policies and philosophies later, but you may PM here, email me at Scott@LibertyOptics.com, or visit our (woefully out of date, but will be updated soon) website www.libertyoptics.com

I look forward to serving you!

Scott

Ugly Dwarf
03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Welcome. I'll be looking forward to virtually checking out your shop.

Fjold
03-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Welcome aboard we can always use more people selling us quality products. :D

LibertyOptics
03-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys! We hope to earn our way into becoming part of the family.

30-338
03-27-2008, 9:11 PM
Hey Scott, welcome to the board. I hope you are successful here. That's quite a move from Florida to Montana...How about Florida in the Winter and Montana in the Summer??????? I read it all and enjoyed your SHOT show report. I like to hear people's real opinions and even when I disagree I still feel as though I have gotten an honest opinion. I am an optics freak! I just find it fascinating to observe or target things way out there. I went to the show in 2006 and saw KAPS there for the first time. I came away thinking of them as a "poor man's S&B."
My opinion regarding the current optics scene is that reticle innovation is what is really needed. I love the Nightforce and was very glad to hear that they will soon be producing a FFP reticle. I did disagree with your slight of Darrell Holland's scope..I hope you do not feel that way about his reticle as well. It must have something going for it inasmuch as Leupold, S&B, and now Nightforce are placing it in their scopes. I have used it with good success and may buy a Nightforce FFP with Holland's reticle.Although the NP RR1 and 2 are nice reticles and now that the FFP makes the lines a little more visible and capable of using a combination of reticle in conjunction with the turrets on any power another of my dreams has come true! That sounds really great to me.:p
Also, while I appreciate beatifully crystalline lenses (Trijicon consistently has this quality,,,but they lack good reticles) I have come to think that I would put that in second position behind accurate and repeatable click values. I can easily live with 90% light transmission if the scope is dead on repeatable...If I get more light than that, all the better.
Anyway...thanks for your helpful reviews. Perhaps we can do some biz in the future...Currently I have Zeiss Conquest, 2 Holland ART reticles, another older Zeiss, several leupolds, Zeiss Victory FL binocs, Zeiss Spotting scope...a Burris, a Valdada,an ATN (yuck!),Leica CRF 1200 which I love!, and a bunch more!!! And I have recently sold a Swarovski Pro Hunter and a US Optics...I am a long range hunter and shooter and these optics are very necessary as you know! I shoot a 30-338,a 300 RUM, and a 338 Lapua, and am selling some things on the board to finance a 408 CheyTac. Looking forward to your posts and thanks for the inside dope!!! Your friend in the quest for better optics.....................30-338

LibertyOptics
03-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey Brother,

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like you are a SERIOUS optics enthusiast. Great! I'm as fussy as they come. I cut my teeth on the long range crowd and they are still my primary clientele.

Question: Who is Darrell Holland and where did I slight his scopes in the 2006 report?

The 2008 report will be a little shorter and not as speculative. Things have changed in two years and I've softened my approach a bit (but still pull no punches).

Scott

30-338
03-28-2008, 6:06 PM
Hey Brother,

Thanks for the feedback. It looks like you are a SERIOUS optics enthusiast. Great! I'm as fussy as they come. I cut my teeth on the long range crowd and they are still my primary clientele.

Question: Who is Darrell Holland and where did I slight his scopes in the 2006 report?

The 2008 report will be a little shorter and not as speculative. Things have changed in two years and I've softened my approach a bit (but still pull no punches).

Scott

Scott, perhaps I misunderstood your comment found in this section...

Japan Optics Limited (JOL) - So long Hakko. RIP. Hakko is now JOL. How do I know this? Because the elderly Japanese man in the booth with the putrid, karate kicking breath told me so. To their credit, the scopes on the shelf in the JOL booth were more substantial in heft and feel than the ones I looked at two years ago. They also resembled many :cool2:“off-brand” tactical scopes on the market today, like the Holland Tactical Hunter:eek:. The series I am referring to is the “MP” law enforcement type scopes. Bottom line, JOL underscores how few true non-European optics manufacturers there are today. They probably make scopes for dang near everybody. The real kick was seeing who sat down in the booth with these guys to do scope specs and business. Including some big time optics dealers who I dare not mess with at this stage of my career. Funny thing is, nearly all of them had a “I hope nobody is looking” demeanor on their faces. A cool expose would be to setup a camera on the Hakko, er, JOL booth and see where your scopes are really made. But, what goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room. I still want to be on the team, so I’ll keep my mouth shut (except on Burris, because I have an a** about them right now).

I actually own a couple of these and really love them and especially the reticle...Also have found them to be utterly reliable in terms of repeatability...My only beef is the eye relief which seems a bit short for the magnum rifles...anyway !!!May your tribe increase!!! And may you be ULTRA successful in your relationship on the board .......... 30-338

AS45-70
03-28-2008, 8:40 PM
Welcome aboard Scott

LibertyOptics
03-28-2008, 9:05 PM
Scott, perhaps I misunderstood your comment found in this section...

Japan Optics Limited (JOL) - So long Hakko. RIP. Hakko is now JOL. How do I know this? Because the elderly Japanese man in the booth with the putrid, karate kicking breath told me so. To their credit, the scopes on the shelf in the JOL booth were more substantial in heft and feel than the ones I looked at two years ago. They also resembled many :cool2:“off-brand” tactical scopes on the market today, like the Holland Tactical Hunter:eek:. The series I am referring to is the “MP” law enforcement type scopes. Bottom line, JOL underscores how few true non-European optics manufacturers there are today. They probably make scopes for dang near everybody. The real kick was seeing who sat down in the booth with these guys to do scope specs and business. Including some big time optics dealers who I dare not mess with at this stage of my career. Funny thing is, nearly all of them had a “I hope nobody is looking” demeanor on their faces. A cool expose would be to setup a camera on the Hakko, er, JOL booth and see where your scopes are really made. But, what goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room. I still want to be on the team, so I’ll keep my mouth shut (except on Burris, because I have an a** about them right now).

I actually own a couple of these and really love them and especially the reticle...Also have found them to be utterly reliable in terms of repeatability...My only beef is the eye relief which seems a bit short for the magnum rifles...anyway !!!May your tribe increase!!! And may you be ULTRA successful in your relationship on the board .......... 30-338

Heyyyy you made smilies appear, no fair! My beef with the tactical hunter ART reticle is it looks like a knockoff/ripoff of the IOR MP-8. His alternative reticle on his website looks almost exactly like an MP-8. Also, I do not see where he sells the tactical hunter anymore...the reticles only go in Lupy and S&B? Is that correct?

What I was saying is that we tend to wonder where all these different scopes come from and the fact is the optics world is pretty small as to true manufacturers....most are in China, Japan, and other Asian factories. I'm glad your Hakko, er, JOL scopes have been reliable. They do seem to be a trick setup.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Scott

LibertyOptics
03-28-2008, 9:08 PM
Welcome aboard Scott

I think I recognize that username. Did you just buy a SH 3-18 from us? I have a deal on for CalGuns members, and since I see you are a senior member, I will make the deal retroactive for you! Just remind me, OK?

Scott

AS45-70
03-28-2008, 9:30 PM
Yeah that was me Scott, i am Andy. my username is part of my home e mail address at cox dot net.

LibertyOptics
03-30-2008, 9:36 AM
Your set of Seekonks shipped yesterday.

AS45-70
04-01-2008, 4:38 PM
Your set of Seekonks shipped yesterday.

They arrived today thanks very much, those are gonna come in handy.

LibertyOptics
04-01-2008, 9:14 PM
10-4, thanks for your order!! Enjoy the scope.

JPBeck
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey Scott-- It's me Joe Beck.
Long time--- haven't seen you much over at SP. Hope all is well-- We are taking a trip up to MT this summer maybe we can hook up and shoot some long range.

Hope your family is well.

On topic:
Scott is a fantastic guy to deal with, he'll bend over backwards for you. I've spent bunches of cash with him and he's always saved me money and all transactions have been worry free.

LibertyOptics
06-17-2009, 5:29 PM
Joe,

Welcome to Calguns, your home turf forum.

I haven't been to SP much b/c there just isn't much going on. My SHOT Show report for 2009 has only 91 views since published, vs 2000+ for my other reports. Unfortunately, I'm "commercialized" now and I've got to divide my time to sites that have a strong customer base.

I'll be loyal to SP for giving me my start, but I'm playing this game for real now and have to conduct business accordingly.

Your're welcome anytime, give me a heads up when you'll be here and we'll at least have lunch or dinner together.

Take care,

Scott

Hey Scott-- It's me Joe Beck.
Long time--- haven't seen you much over at SP. Hope all is well-- We are taking a trip up to MT this summer maybe we can hook up and shoot some long range.

Hope your family is well.

On topic:
Scott is a fantastic guy to deal with, he'll bend over backwards for you. I've spent bunches of cash with him and he's always saved me money and all transactions have been worry free.