PDA

View Full Version : Will the issue of Gun rights/control ever be 100% settled?

RMP91
05-11-2014, 1:19 PM
Personally, I don't think it'll ever be resolved. There will be people who would love for every single gun and/or possible weapon to be regulated to the point of taboo and going to prison for the rest of your life if you're caught with it. And there are those, like us who just want to be free to exercise the rights guaranteed to us by the Constitution. It'll be a never-ending cycle. Ignore any rhetoric that says otherwise.

So don't think the antis are going to achieve total victory just because Hillary gets elected President. She can't do any gun-grabbing by herself. Quit being so pessimistic and doubting yourselves and keep fighting. This is a war that *niether* side will win, at least anytime soon.

email
05-11-2014, 1:22 PM
I think if we go full communist, then it might be worked out. Or a nice dictatorship.

Sutcliffe
05-11-2014, 1:30 PM
Until we lose them all.

RMP91
05-11-2014, 1:47 PM
Until we lose them all.

300+ million guns and 330 million people living in the US. The math isn't adding up to what you think will happen.

It's simply not possible, no matter how much the antis wish it was.

gobler
05-11-2014, 3:26 PM
When (not if) the next revolution happens after a bloody war the freedom lovers will ether be all killed off or achieve victory the matter will be settled then.

edgerly779
05-11-2014, 3:28 PM
Yes the same day someones proves there is no god. Neverending dispute.

Sutcliffe
05-11-2014, 4:28 PM
300+ million guns and 330 million people living in the US. The math isn't adding up to what you think will happen.

It's simply not possible, no matter how much the antis wish it was.

As long as we have rights we will have those that wish to limit them in order to establish power over us. It has been, and will be, a constant struggle for this power.

When we lose our guns I'm afraid the rest of our rights will be gone as well.

bohoki
05-11-2014, 4:58 PM
its the price of freedom is an eternal battle against those wishing to take it away

besides guns don't have rights using that phrase already loses the battle

coryhenry
05-12-2014, 6:52 AM
To many sheeple out there that can't think for themselves prevents real change.

michael0594
05-12-2014, 7:03 AM
As long as De Leon, Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, Bloomberg are still breathing, then no. At least one dumbass liberal named Yee is out of the picture.

Kyle1886
05-12-2014, 7:33 AM
Once firearm ownership is actually considered an "health hazard" and that agenda pushed, firearms will go the road of cigarettes.

Firearm ownership will be an "emotional issue" and not a "people's right" afforded by the Constitution. Considering that the vast majority of younger folk have no idea about the different branches of government, or who the sitting members are, much less the Constitution, I have little hope.

Firearm ownership will be the new "cancer" and the media/health organizations/ etc. will push the agenda.

Just an opinion---
Respectfully
Kyle

robcoe
05-12-2014, 7:44 AM
One day, after all guns have been replaced with handheld laser cannons, then the issue will be laser control.

SoldierLife7
05-12-2014, 7:48 AM
Once firearm ownership is actually considered an "health hazard" and that agenda pushed, firearms will go the road of cigarettes.

Firearm ownership will be an "emotional issue" and not a "people's right" afforded by the Constitution. Considering that the vast majority of younger folk have no idea about the different branches of government, or who the sitting members are, much less the Constitution, I have little hope.

Firearm ownership will be the new "cancer" and the media/health organizations/ etc. will push the agenda.

Just an opinion---
Respectfully
Kyle

You make a very pertinent point.

The kids these days are not taught the same things that I learned in school.

The gov wants complete control. They control what is taught in schools, and change the textbooks to fit their agenda. The media puts labels on gun owners and teaches that "guns are bad".

Eventually everything will erode to such a point that us "crazy old-timers" are "stuck in the past", and that change is good... (Sound familiar?)

Every great empire eventually falls... It kind of looks like it's our turn.

There's only one reasonable way (IMO) to actually keep it from happening. Martin Luther King Jr. taught us how. We just need to open our eyes and ears and learn from the past.

Civil disobedience is a powerful tool. Voting is also a powerful tool if people don't blindly follow demagogues and instead educate themselves and offer an educated vote instead of an emotional vote.

Jimi Jah
05-12-2014, 8:39 AM
This country will cease to exist before that is ever settled.

When it does, I'd rather be in the "well armed" camp.

BabyBen
05-12-2014, 9:03 AM
Why do they want gun control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoldierLife7
05-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Why do they want gun control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIFY

fr33domfightr
05-12-2014, 10:23 AM
When the word, "reasonable" can be defined, then it'll be resolved.

Kyle1886
05-12-2014, 10:29 AM
If you combine the "healthcare issue", lack of civics education and the reluctance of the average firearms owner NOT to advertise gun ownership for a sundry of reasons, we default to a "silent minority". This is especially true in CA, NY, and other like minded states.

I'm just as guilty of being silent about my firearm ownership. I have actively been engaged in 2A activities since 1985-86, however on an immediate local level (residence), I'm one of the "silent minorities".

Since I doubt in my lifetime there will be a National movement with very vocal leaders and masses to follow, I don't foresee a resolution.

I'd love to incorrect, but....

Respectfully
Kyle (AKA: a crazy ole timer :)

You make a very pertinent point.

The kids these days are not taught the same things that I learned in school.

The gov wants complete control. They control what is taught in schools, and change the textbooks to fit their agenda. The media puts labels on gun owners and teaches that "guns are bad".

Eventually everything will erode to such a point that us "crazy old-timers" are "stuck in the past", and that change is good... (Sound familiar?)

Every great empire eventually falls... It kind of looks like it's our turn.

There's only one reasonable way (IMO) to actually keep it from happening. Martin Luther King Jr. taught us how. We just need to open our eyes and ears and learn from the past.

Civil disobedience is a powerful tool. Voting is also a powerful tool if people don't blindly follow demagogues and instead educate themselves and offer an educated vote instead of an emotional vote.

TacticalChihuahua
05-12-2014, 10:49 AM
As long as there is government gun rights will be infringed upon at least to some extent. The only way it could end completely is by sweeping disarmament of the country over a long period of time.

I just find it hard to believe that even this could completely eradicate firearms. I think there will always be some sort of underground/illegal proliferation of firearms.

I would also imagine that even worst case we will always be allowed to at least have neutered "hunting" firearms.

As long as there are guns there will be drama surrounding them.

North86
05-12-2014, 12:08 PM
We have people that expect the government to take care of their every need. Why would those same people ever think that self protection is their responsibility, let alone their right?

We're reaching critical mass, where the percentage of people on the government teet will allow those that seek power to overturn the Second Amendment.