PDA

View Full Version : Found a CA friendly Seller on Gunbroker

TopGun2000
03-24-2008, 4:46 PM
He only asks $25 for CA legal mod. He has hundreds of firearms listed for sale. :D

E.g. WASR-2 5.45x39 $389
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95600753

aplinker
03-24-2008, 5:31 PM
His auctions are pricey and he wants $50 to break them apart and ship the parts to you.

It's nice to see someone willing, but that's a lot of money for 30seconds with a screwdriver on a WASR.

DrunkSkunk
03-24-2008, 5:42 PM
exactly, i'll be your friend too if you want to give me $50 for a few seconds of work.

savageevo
03-24-2008, 5:48 PM
actually thats pretty much a standard price to do that even though the price is outrages. CWS charged the same price back when.

DrunkSkunk
03-24-2008, 5:51 PM
actually thats pretty much a standard price to do that even though the price is outrages. CWS charged the same price back when.

CWS prices have always been too high.

hawk1
03-24-2008, 6:09 PM
Fwiw,
When I recently bought my Sig556 the FFL dealer separated the upper and lower for no charge. I paid the 8 dollars it cost him to ship the lower to me. I gave him the 30 round Sig mag as a thank you for what he did. After all, I couldn't use it.
He was glad that he could help me out and make a sale. Price on the BUIS Sig was $1169, so as you can see he didn't jack the price either.

TopGun2000
03-24-2008, 8:43 PM
does anyone know how much cws charges if i have a psl transfer through them?

Josh3239
03-24-2008, 9:44 PM
I have found a couple of CA friendly sellers. RatWorx was okay sending my rifle to Chris at LANWorldInc who then dissessembled in before shipping to my local FFL. I found another guy who free of charge removed the thumbhole stock (the only evil feature but still meet length limits) and then shipped to my FFL. There out there just send out massive emails.

aplinker
03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
RatWorx was okay sending my rifle to Chris at LANWorldInc who then dissessembled in before shipping to my local FFL.

How is that CA-friendly of RatWorx. He didn't even need to know where it was going if you used LanWorld.:confused:

Josh3239
03-24-2008, 10:05 PM
True, he didn't need to know but he could have easily seen my profile which said I was in CA and straight cancelled the sale. If you use GunBroker you know that one's information is disclosed on one's page, their email and location aren't that far from eachother. Plus, Chris is an out of state dealer and is well known for helping Calgunners out.

It so terrible that I named 2 out of state dealers who provided me with such excellent service? I have seen dealers who wouldn't even ship an M1 Garand to a CA friendly dealer that isn't even in CA nonetheless to a dealer in CA.

Skammy
03-27-2008, 3:24 AM
I've used him.. he's actually in my sig
Was good to deal with but it was only an extra $25 when I used him..

socalguns
03-27-2008, 4:37 AM
There out there just send out massive emails.
Correction, der aut der :p:D

sb_pete
03-28-2008, 2:23 PM
I've had good experience with JD over at Sportsman's Safari. They had great prices when I bought my Savage 10fp and millett scope from them. Obviously search around for prices, but these guys were very easy to work with and very communicative when I dealt with them.
-Pete

aplinker
03-28-2008, 3:52 PM
I've had good experience with JD over at Sportsman's Safari. They had great prices when I bought my Savage 10fp and millett scope from them. Obviously search around for prices, but these guys were very easy to work with and very communicative when I dealt with them.
-Pete

I think this thread was more slanted towards "black rifle" dealers who are willing to ship to CA. Almost anyone will ship a bolt-action here...

sb_pete
03-31-2008, 7:50 PM
I think this thread was more slanted towards "black rifle" dealers who are willing to ship to CA. Almost anyone will ship a bolt-action here...

I figured that, but I was just throwing out there that I'd had good customer service from them before;)