PDA

View Full Version : NorCal TBRC Registration FULL!!!

Vu 308
03-24-2008, 3:57 PM
Please follow the directions below if you want to be on the standby list. Thank you.

Please send an email to info@ncpprc.com if you would like to shoot in the 2008 NorCal Tactical Bolt Rifle Challenge.

Include the following in your email.

Subject Line: 'your full name'/2008 NorCal Registration
Body of email: Telephone number. City and state you are from.
Also include your online handle and what forum you belong to.

Dates are:

Friday August 29th Our crew will be setting up and you can zero your rifles on the 100yard public range. There is also a 300yard range available. No one will be shooting on the 1K or steel range this day.

Saturday August 30th Match Day
Sunday August 31st Match Day

September 1st is Labor Day so that gives some of you an extra travel day.

Cost will be 165.00 per shooter with a BBQ and match T-shirt included.

Thank you all and good luck,

Vu Pham

rksimple
03-24-2008, 4:09 PM
Look forward to it. I'll be quick on the trigger come Sunday at 12.

Timberwolf
03-24-2008, 4:13 PM
Is there anything special we should know about the "country club" before hand, such as the std tip for the cabana boys, is that included in the fees, will carts be provided to transport us from one firing point to another, are reservations required for dinner at the club house . . .

Vu 308
03-24-2008, 4:17 PM
LOL...fees include it all bud. We actually do truck competitors from 1K to the pits and from range to range.

Would hate for you to use the walk and heat as an excuse for missing your targets.

Dinner is included as well on Saturday. But its BYOB.

Timberwolf
03-24-2008, 4:22 PM
LOL...fees include it all bud. We actually do truck competitors from 1K to the pits and from range to range. . .
Dinner is included as well on Saturday. But its BYOB.

Jolly good, wouldn't want to tire myself while on holiday you know.

I'm assuming since its before Labor Day white dinner jackets are still accepted attire for dinner?

Timberwolf
03-24-2008, 4:24 PM
Oh by the way do y'all also furnish the gun and ammo bearers . . . its hard traveling with the help you know.

Vu 308
03-24-2008, 4:58 PM
Tell you what Twolf...I will personally carry your rig and ammo. We all know them soft shoulders wouldn't handle the weight of a slung rifle long...hence those pesky brakes.

Timberwolf
03-24-2008, 6:09 PM
I don't use a brake for recoil reduction - I'm just unsociable

wildcard
03-24-2008, 6:13 PM
Man. I'm going to be in Tahoe this weekend. Is there any other way to register to accommodate those who do not have immediate email access?

And just to clarify, 12PM is noon, right?

PistolPete75
03-24-2008, 6:55 PM
man, i have no expandable funds right now. can you make an expection for me and register me, and i'll send funds next month?

Vu 308
03-24-2008, 8:13 PM
Roger. 12PM NOON this Sunday is when things open up.

Pete..sorry man I gotta keep it fair for everyone. Who knows you may get in. Last year we had 9 shooters cancel last minute.

Also I played the hold a spot for me game last year and it plain sucked. I had to like chase people down to see if they are going to shoot or not. I just dont have the time to do that. Not saying you would do that to me..but you know what I mean. Some people just lag you know?

MarcS
03-24-2008, 8:55 PM
Bill you crack me up dude. That was some funny stuff.

Marc

wildcard
03-24-2008, 8:59 PM
man, i have no expandable funds right now. can you make an expection for me and register me, and i'll send funds next month?

No worries Pete, I'll spot my shooting partner. Besides.. you don't need to pay until next month anyways. Registration opens on the 30th and you're given 10 days to send in your funds.

Spaniard
03-24-2008, 9:40 PM
Hi Mr. Vu,
I have a few questions for you that have been passed along to me concerning your match. Please indulge me so I can pass your answers back to the inquiring parties.

1. Will it be hot, if so will there be field A/C Units like you see in the NFL to keep us cool.
2. Can we bring a small golf cart as not to tax my leg muscles?
3. Do you know if leap year will have an effect on ballistics software. If so will there be IT folks there to assist with our PDA's?
4. Will the COF's be fair and will the steel go down if we have light loads.
5. You raised your entry fee this year, where's the money going. Everyone knows you can do one of these matches for $50.00 bucks and still have loads of money left over.
6. Will you correct scores if it's not done properly. I shouldn't be held accountable for this since the focus under duress and extreme Sacramento Valley heat can be diminished somewhat.
7. The latest reports indicate drinking water may be unsafe to drink, so can you order Perrier drinking water with lemons handy. Some of us don't do Water ala hose.
8. Starbucks coffee is a must, your match can't be listed as a Major Match in FORBES, FORTUNE and VANITY FAIR unless there is Starbucks Coffee ready for the competitors. Perhaps you should hire a facilities manager to field these needs.
9. Will there be people to police brass as we will be competing and won't have time for such duties. Cool range towels, will they also be handy.
10. If I fail to utilize my rifle to it's fullest potential because of brain failure, will you have prizes that rival those of the top ten. I don't think it's fair if I come in near the end and don't get something really nice. My self esteem could be damaged and I could give up rifle shooting altogether if I don't get a prize.

Shooting for the sake of the sport itself, learning rifle fundamentals and hanging around fellow shooters isn't enough anymore, that's so old days. It's about "WIIFM" and nothing else. "WIIFM" What's In It For Me".

I will stand by and await your reply as to get back to those with questions.

Dr. Spaniard, Esq.:rolleyes:

Vu 308
03-24-2008, 9:40 PM
Jason is right. Give or take a few days :cheers2:

Vu 308
03-24-2008, 9:56 PM
Hi Mr. Vu,
I have a few questions for you that have been passed along to me concerning your match. Please indulge me so I can pass your answers back to the inquiring parties.

1. Will it be hot, if so will there be field A/C Units like you see in the NFL to keep is cool.
3. Do you know if leap year will have an effect on ballistics software. If so will there be IT folks there to assist with our PDA's?
5. You raised your entry fee this year, where's the money going. Everyone knows you can do one of these matches for $50.00 bucks and still have loads of money left over.
6. Will you correct scores if it's not done properly. I shouldn't be held accountable for this since the focus under duress and extreme Sacramento Valley heat can be diminished somewhat.
7. The latest reports indicate drinking water may be unsafe to drink, so can you order Perrier drinking water with lemons handy. Some of us don't do Water ala hose.
8. Starbucks coffee is a must, your match can't be listed as a Major Match in FORBES, FORTUNE and VANITY FAIR unless there is Starbucks Coffee ready for the competitors. Perhaps you should hire a facilities manager to field these needs.
9. Will there be people to police brass as we will be competing and won't have time for such duties. Cool range towels, will they also be handy.
10. If I fail to utilize my rifle to it's fullest potential because of brain failure, will you have prizes that rival those of the top ten. I don't think it's fair if I come in near the end and don't get something really nice. My self esteem could be damaged and I could give up rifle shooting altogether if I don't get a prize.

Shooting for the sake of the sport itself, learning rifle fundamentals and hanging around fellow shooters isn't enough anymore, that's so old days. It's about "WIIFM" and nothing else. "WIIFM" What's In It For Me".

I will stand by and await your reply as to get back to those with questions.

Dr. Spaniard, Esq.:rolleyes:

1. Will it be hot, if so will there be field A/C Units like you see in the NFL to keep is cool.
A: No it will not be hot. Just around 98 degrees....we don't consider anything under 105 hot.

A: Sure can as long as you wear pink camo BDU to match your pink thong.

A: Us bumkins in the sticks up here don't know what them der PDA is.

A: Please see the answer to question #2.

A: How do you think I pay for my rifle builds? LOL

A: We have a school administrator that will gladly go over 5th grade math.

A: You boys from So Cal should be fine..you guys drink the crap water Nor Cal sends down anyways.

A: See the Desert Frog for all Starbucks needs.

A: Once again...see the answer to question 2.

A: You are in luck. We have the "No shooter's left behind" program up here. If you are unable to hit your target and whine enough we may just give you pitty points.

Hope this helps.

:)

Timberwolf
03-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Uh oh - I'm working at the range on Sunday and won't get home until 1800 :sweatdrop:

Pthfndr
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Uh oh - I'm working at the range on Sunday and won't get home until 1800 :sweatdrop:

Leave work early. Reg time changed to 6 pm.

Pascal
03-25-2008, 5:59 AM
WHAT!:eek::eek:

I have to pay 165 bucks and I have to provide my own Starbucks? :confused: WTF

At that price, I would expect someone to bring it to me while on the firing line so I don't fall asleep!

:yawn::sleeping: < Timberwolf and myself at the firing line

Spaniard
03-25-2008, 6:46 AM
Thank you Mr. Vu for your timely response.

I will get back to the parties in question and give them your answers.

I myself look forward to the match, if for nothing else just to pull a trigger instead of answer a phone, return a page or repair something someone else broke left for me to fix.

One 3 day weekend away from the duties of the grind, what's not to like.

Thx, Spaniard...

Vu 308
03-25-2008, 8:47 AM
WHAT!:eek::eek:

I have to pay 165 bucks and I have to provide my own Starbucks? :confused: WTF

At that price, I would expect someone to bring it to me while on the firing line so I don't fall asleep!

:yawn::sleeping: < Timberwolf and myself at the firing line

DF: Please see the answer to question #2 :)

Timberwolf
03-25-2008, 10:00 AM
It appears that a fair amount of the shooters this year have brand new fancy builds, with high power, clear and crisp optics bearing such names as US Optics and S & B. I believe this puts those of us shooting older builds with scopes that were in vogue 2 or 3 years ago at a slight disadvantage. That said I'd like to request that those of us that fall into this catagory be given targets .5 MOA larger than those with the new builds. ;)

rksimple
03-25-2008, 10:05 AM
It appears that a fair amount of the shooters this year have brand new fancy builds, with high power, clear and crisp optics bearing such names as US Optics and S & B. I believe this puts those of us shooting older builds with scopes that were in vogue 2 or 3 years ago at a slight disadvantage. That said I'd like to request that those of us that fall into this catagory be given targets .5 MOA larger than those with the new builds. ;)

But we still can't hit anything! Jason beat us all with a stocker and a 10x IOR. WE need the bigger targets!

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 10:41 AM
But we still can't hit anything! Jason beat us all with a stocker and a 10x IOR. WE need the bigger targets!

yep tell me about it. close but no cigar was my theme last saturday.

jason, good looking out but i'll go to the bank, aka wife. thanks though, but i don't like to borrow money.

vu, i look forward to your match, and i actually enjoy country style shooting. can we have caddy's to haul our gear around? i'm a lazy shooter. :)

timber, make the targets bigger. my chinky eyes can't see all that well.

ar15barrels
03-25-2008, 11:53 AM
I believe this puts those of us shooting older builds with scopes that were in vogue 2 or 3 years ago at a slight disadvantage. That said I'd like to request that those of us that fall into this catagory be given targets .5 MOA larger than those with the new builds. ;)

+1 to that.
My IOR scope is so crappy that Nayt could not stand it any longer and had to get a new one...

We need a "claimer" rule where the winner's rifle can be claimed for say $2000.
That will limit people on how much they are willing to spend.
Those that spend more and win, might lose their rifle.
Of course the last place person gets first dibs to buy the winner's rifle...

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 12:02 PM
my build is getting one last final tweek, and i'm done. i love my rifle. it will never be for sale.

ar15barrels
03-25-2008, 12:03 PM
my build is getting one last final tweek, and i'm done.

What's the last tweek it needs?

Timberwolf
03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
What's the last tweek it needs?

a new driver ;)

sorry couldn't resist - - - me bad

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
my bipod is way too high to go prone. i need a rear bag of a size of a pillow to get stable or need to dig to get the rifle low, so i sold it and i'm getting a regular 6-9 swivel bipod with a $10 pod lock.

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 12:10 PM
a new driver ;)

sorry couldn't resist - - - me bad

perhaps i need more weight for stability. any suggestions?:p

ar15barrels
03-25-2008, 12:11 PM
my bipod is way too high to go prone. i need a rear bag of a size of a pillow to get stable or need to dig to get the rifle low, so i sold it and i'm getting a regular 6-9 swivel bipod with a $10 pod lock.

I have a Harris 6-9 swivel with notched legs and my own $5 pod-lock.
It's the cat's meow.

Rather than getting fancy claws or feet for it, find a couple heavy-duty plastic lids that go on plastic cups or dog food cans.
Punch holes in those and tie them to the rifle with 550 cord.
You could also velcro them to the off-side of the stock.
When you need them (sand), plop them down under the bipod feet.

ar15barrels
03-25-2008, 12:12 PM
a new driver ;)

I think we all need that. ;)

Timberwolf
03-25-2008, 12:23 PM
perhaps i need more weight for stability. any suggestions?:p

Become insomnic and eat Twinkies and HoHos all night - works for me ;)

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
how about lots of beer and ice cream? that seems to be working for me.

Prc329
03-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey Pete I found that rear bag if you still want it.

Vu 308
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
All you need is NPA. =) What bi pod were you using before? 9-12?

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 1:04 PM
Hey Pete I found that rear bag if you still want it.

yes, hook it up. that'll be cool.

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 1:05 PM

yep, 9-12 with claws. way too high. me don't like.

wildcard
03-25-2008, 1:23 PM

I was thinking about this question and realized I shoot too much with Pete because I can answer it!

He had a 6-9 Harris when he first started shooting his 700P but realized that it did not offer enough height to shoot beyond a 10 degree incline. 9-13 was found to be a good fit on that setup, but when he switched to the AI, 9-13 was borderline too high because of it's configuration. Slap on the Pod Claws and now you're really too high!

I actually find the Pod Claws a little cumbersome especially when you need to quickly fold/ unfold and extend/ retract.. but it does make it a perfect height on my 6-9 setup and does it's job well once it's planted into the ground.

PistolPete75
03-25-2008, 2:10 PM
I was thinking about this question and realized I shoot too much with Pete because I can answer it!

He had a 6-9 Harris when he first started shooting his 700P but realized that it did not offer enough height to shoot beyond a 10 degree incline. 9-13 was found to be a good fit on that setup, but when he switched to the AI, 9-13 was borderline too high because of it's configuration. Slap on the Pod Claws and now you're really too high!

I actually find the Pod Claws a little cumbersome especially when you need to quickly fold/ unfold and extend/ retract.. but it does make it a perfect height on my 6-9 setup and does it's job well once it's planted into the ground.

funny. we'll you did get me into precision rifle shooting. remember me shooting my stag oll in my first match last year? LOL. i think i actually beat a few people with that thing. that was a real small bore.

Vu 308
03-30-2008, 8:39 PM
50% full

Pascal
03-30-2008, 8:50 PM
Just sent my registration 10 mins ago.

rksimple
03-30-2008, 8:53 PM
Sent mine in at 6:00. Sounds like its going to be a good match.

Vu-are there many coming in from out of state?

Vu 308
03-30-2008, 9:55 PM
I believe so. NV, UTAH, TX,

PistolPete75
03-31-2008, 10:49 AM
registered.

Vu 308
03-31-2008, 11:24 AM
I didnt get a chance to check that email account this AM but i notice that a lot of my regulars forgot to send in emails as well. I am sure this thing will top out in the next few days.

then we will start a stand by list since there is always people that bail out.

Vu

wildcard
04-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I just read over the "Competition and Range Rules" and it sounds like a bunch of grade school kids are competing!

No shooting before and after the timer truly is common sense. What kind of competitiors did you have in the past?! No touching other people's gear.. no whining.. this is the first time i've heard those rules applied to adults.

One question though.. why are FMJ projectiles restricted? Doesn't that restrict lead bullets with copper jackets (though I assume most people will be using HPBT or Polycarbonate tipped bullets)?

MarcS
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
If I may speak for Vu, I think those specific rules come from the actions of a few specific people in a few isolated instances in certain matches in the past. They are all common sense but a couple of folks need to hear them up front.

Marc

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Jason,

Have you ever shot at a big comp before? I am not trying to be a jerk but unless you have you will not understand why those rules are in place.

You would be in shock at the BS ive seen in the last few years.

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh and on FMJ...just put that in there so no one comes with FMJ with a steel core. If you put in the amount of cash I have in steel you would understand why.

You tend to get a lil bent when people ding your 500.00 target up.

And Marc is right...those rules were made due to people in the past saying "WELL THAT WASNT IN THE RULE BOOK" THAT WASNT SAID...and in so cal A BUNCH of shooters popped rounds down range after and before the beep.

I put that in there so I can say...YES I DID SAY THAT..now quit your crying and shoot....OR go home.

Edited to say..when you shoot a monthly it is one thing....when you pay the amount of money you paid and the time and effort you put in to come to a match I personally want you to have a good and FAIR shoot.

Would you be butt hurt if someone cheated and beat you out of a USO because i left something simple out of the rules that was common sense?

wildcard
04-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I think the largest competition i've shot in is around 30 people but didn't see any child-like behavior going on.

I'm not doubting that you have good reason for putting the rules in place.. it just surprises me.

The way I see it, by the time I get to the prize table, I'll be deciding between a cheek pad or swivel studs :D But you make a good point, it would suck for someone to be able to argue/ cheat their way to a higher position. I guess i'm fortunate to never have seen this behavior though I don't doubt it happens.

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 11:49 AM
30 people...but was it a montly a or a major production.

We have 30 to 40+ guys at our monthly shoot and you are correct its low key and a good time. But when you have 17K worth or prizes on the line you see people do some CRAZY sh*t to gain the advantage.

rksimple
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm not doubting that you have good reason for putting the rules in place.. it just surprises me.

Thats because you're not that kind of shooter. You don't whine, complain, etc. (at least not that loud:D). Its the gamers and "you didn't say we couldn't do this" crowd for whom these rules were made.

MarcS
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
You are right in saying that it shouldn't be necessary.

As for not touching other competitors gear, I've heard rumors of shooters reaching over to spin another shooters scope knob before a stage. I've never seen it and I can't imagine someone actually doing that but I've heard the rumor so I'm sure others have heard it too. That might be why that particular rule is in place. It should finish by clearly stating "or the other competitor will stomp the piss out of you while we all laugh"

Marc

Pascal
04-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Jason,

You sometimes have new shooters showing up at those matches. You also have MUCH more people then the local matches. 50 or 60 shooters all with various levels of experience plus the stress added for 2 full days of shooting. I'm usually exhausted by the end of the second day.

In essence, better be safe then sorry, thus basic rules known to everyone.

Beside, from noticing last year, the NorCal guys don't have a lot of patience and lots of love for people doing stupid mistakes. It's probably one of the few places where you will get kicked out so fast that it will make you head spin and in a match with A LOT of people it makes sense.

You also better not have 11 rounds on your target either if you were supposed to have only 10, it makes VU and his crew vewy, vewy, vewy irritated :eek:

Seriously though, I've attented MANY matches and the NorCal match was the one that was the most organized and best run BY FAR. They run a tight ship, makes the match more secure and enjoyable as well.

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Thats because you're not that kind of shooter. You don't whine, complain, etc. (at least not that loud:D). Its the gamers and "you didn't say we couldn't do this" crowd for whom these rules were made.

DING DING DING...the majority of people have no need to worry about those rules.

It's for the gamers and freaking cry babies we get. You know I had people b*tch that last years beans at the BBQ were too spicy?

And Marc is also correct. There has been rumors of people screwin with other peoples rig so I put that rule in there to make it known if you mess with someones rig you will be excused right then and there. Also I will flame that person on the internet so all match directors know what a POS that person is.

And also for your safety as competitors man.....we have to double and triple check our rules so NO ONE...NO ONE gets hurt. You guys pay for a good show so our crew does their best to put one on.

wildcard
04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah.. I hear what you guys are saying. I'm not contesting the necessity for the rules, some it just made me wonder what in the world happened in the past matches to make the rules necessary in the first place!

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Jason,

You sometimes have new shooters showing up at those matches. You also have MUCH more people then the local matches. 50 or 60 shooters all with various levels of experience plus the stress added for 2 full days of shooting. I'm usually exhausted by the end of the second day.

In essence, better be safe then sorry, thus basic rules known to everyone.

Beside, from noticing last year, the NorCal guys don't have a lot of patience and lots of love for people doing stupid mistakes. It's probably one of the few places where you will get kicked out so fast that it will make you head spin and in a match with A LOT of people it makes sense.

You also better not have 11 rounds on your target either if you were supposed to have only 10, it makes VU and his crew vewy, vewy, vewy irritated :eek:

Seriously though, I've attented MANY matches and the NorCal match was the one that was the most organized and best run BY FAR. They run a tight ship, makes the match more secure and enjoyable as well.

Thank you Pascal for the kind words. Guys like yourself make running matches fun....besides they boys giving you a hard time is always good to watch. You NEED to beat Kurt!!! Bust the man's balls a lil.

Yes some of my ROs run a VERY tight ship because they want to see all of you guys get a fair shot and never put in harms way.

Example...you will have guys fire more shots than called for because they knew they blew a shot.

You will have guys shoot ANOTHER competitors hostage target to zero them out.

You will have guys take pictures of a target with their camera phones and PDAs when they were suppose to remember the target. (but i was told I did not specify that in the rules) LOL

Now you start to see why we lock it down.

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah.. I hear what you guys are saying. I'm not contesting the necessity for the rules, some it just made me wonder what in the world happened in the past matches to make the rules necessary in the first place!

Jason,

This stuff has been going on way before your and my time bro. My eyes were opened up in the last 2 to 3 years of running matches. I was like WOW..are you SERIOUSLY going to b*tch about that?

I had to freaking buy a magnifying glass to see if certain shots broke the line!!!! LOL

wildcard
04-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Beans too spicy?
Magnifying glass?
Pictures of the target?
Shooting out other people's hostages?
I've thought about the possibility of doing so.. but never expected anyone to actually do it!

Ok.. that really puts the rules in perspective.

Regardless, it looks like this match is going to be a good time. Can't wait to experience my firt time this match.

So anyone want to do some recon work at the monthly match before this match? Ryan? Pete?

Timberwolf
04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Jason,

This stuff has been going on way before your and my time bro. My eyes were opened up in the last 2 to 3 years of running matches. I was like WOW..are you SERIOUSLY going to b*tch about that?

I had to freaking buy a magnifying glass to see if certain shots broke the line!!!! LOL

You can say that again Bro - the worst thing a match director can hear is "well you didn't say we couldn't do it" . . . yeah I've learned more than alot in the past 1.5 years

Oh . . . get what we call a "cheater" in 30 cal - it'll take the guess work out of if it broke the line -

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Beans too spicy?
Magnifying glass?
Pictures of the target?
Shooting out other people's hostages?
I've thought about the possibility of doing so.. but never expected anyone to actually do it!

Ok.. that really puts the rules in perspective.

Regardless, it looks like this match is going to be a good time. Can't wait to experience my firt time this match.

So anyone want to do some recon work at the monthly match before this match? Ryan? Pete?

If you want to gather good dope come up the Saturday before our monthly. We practice Saturday and shoot the match Sunday. That gives you 2 days on the 1K range.

Then after the match Sunday you can shoot the steel range.

Vu

wildcard
04-01-2008, 12:24 PM
If you want to gather good dope come up the Saturday before our monthly. We practice Saturday and shoot the match Sunday. That gives you 2 days on the 1K range.

Then after the match Sunday you can shoot the steel range.

Vu

I'll definitely do that in the upcoming months. Just got back from Tahoe so gimme a few months to recover from the drive and paying for gas!

So, who's car camping for this event? It definitely seems like the way to go.

Pascal
04-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I'll probably drive to Sacramento on Thursday and shoot of Friday to get my zero for the place and study the conditions a bit.

Last year I went with Spaniard and did the precision match the month before but, honestly, it did not help me for the big match. My dope was perfect for that monthly match but quite different for the big match. Different temperature, wind conditions, etc... who knows...all my long distance shots were off my several MOAs sometimes, mostly at 800-900 and 1000 yards and I missed the first cold bore as well.

Although it does not hurt to get familiar with the place and the monthly match would definitely help you with that.

rksimple
04-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Jason-I have a friend up there who is a member and checked out on the 1k range. He needs to get some 1k dope for his warbird and I for my 308. I'm planning on going up there on a weekend for shooting friday and saturady before a match. Hopefully it will be in the summer with close to the same conditions as the match. If not, well, thats why I'm trying out Field Firing Solutions!

ar15barrels
04-01-2008, 12:47 PM
We have 30 to 40+ guys at our monthly shoot and you are correct its low key and a good time. But when you have 17K worth or prizes on the line you see people do some CRAZY sh*t to gain the advantage.

Even more so when you have 300 shooters and 250K on the prize table. ;)

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 1:18 PM
Jason-I have a friend up there who is a member and checked out on the 1k range. He needs to get some 1k dope for his warbird and I for my 308. I'm planning on going up there on a weekend for shooting friday and saturady before a match. Hopefully it will be in the summer with close to the same conditions as the match. If not, well, thats why I'm trying out Field Firing Solutions!

Hey Ryan,

Your buddy shoot with us?

Vu

Timberwolf
04-01-2008, 1:24 PM
Hey Ryan,

Your buddy shoot with us?

Vu

Objection - this question is overly broad, vague and ambiguous as to the terms "buddy", "shoot" and "us" and is overly broad in scope and time. Furthermore this question seeks information which is protected by the consumer's right of privacy and further by medical priviledge since the respondent is a medical professional.

:D

rksimple
04-01-2008, 1:28 PM
Not yet. I'm trying to get him into it. He has a savage 308 topped with an S&B 5-25. A little disparate match if you ask me! But he wants to do long range hunting. He has a 7.82 Warbird setup for that now, and is having a 338LM from Gap put together for the same purpose. He was quite humbled when he came out to the desert to shoot with me in the wind and was having a hard time connecting. I told him that competing in your monthly matches would help him a great deal. He's out in Orinda so its a little drive for him. He has fridays off, like me, so it would be nice to get up there when there's not a big crowd.

rksimple
04-01-2008, 1:29 PM
Objection - this question is overly broad, vague and ambiguous as to the terms "buddy", "shoot" and "us" and is overly broad in scope and time. Furthermore this question seeks information which is protected by the consumer's right of privacy and further by medical priviledge since the respondent is a medical professional.

:D

And so is said "buddy"! Being your own boss has its perks. Fridays off!

Timberwolf
04-01-2008, 1:32 PM
Not yet. .

I was hoping we had an inside track :p Oh well, doesn't matter you answered thus waiving the objection :D

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 2:09 PM
Oh, so he is checked off by the High Power group?

Edit: I only ask since there is only a few folks out of our group checked off to open our box up on the 1K.

Vu

rksimple
04-01-2008, 3:19 PM
Oh, so he is checked off by the High Power group?

Edit: I only ask since there is only a few folks out of our group checked off to open our box up on the 1K.

Vu

You know, I don't know. He is always able to get targets and things on Fridays. He's talked with the highpower guys quite a bit, and I think it was they who gave him the OK. They usually give him the walkies and we head out to the range. Its been a couple years since I went out there with him.

Vu 308
04-01-2008, 4:54 PM
Yup. that would be Ed and them boys. They are the BR and HP guys.

I am heading out this Friday to do some shooting in the AM. Gotta get my 1K CBS dope with the 300WM.