PDA

View Full Version : APS – Tac / Prec Match Results 03-22-08

Timberwolf
03-23-2008, 2:20 PM
APS – Tac / Prec Match Results 03-22-08

Here are the results from yesterday’s match. My report will be in another thread.

Six Stages – Maximum Score 640

1. Jason Chan – 420
2. Ryan Kerr – 330
3. Pascal Bauder – 320
4. Peter Na – 250
5. Johnny Vitale – 240
6. Jeff Butler – 230
7. Luc Bauder – 200
8. Joe Hernandez – 190
9. Matt Evans – 180
10. Adam Bacon – 140
11. Don Augustine – 125
12. Scott Ginoza – 80
13. Keith Lowe – 40

100 YARD 5 DOT DRILL WINNER – 100 pts max /1 min time

Jason Chan – 80 pts / 37.77 sec

Congratulations to all for a very well shot match. Honorable mention goes to the top three as well as the 100-YARD DOT DRILL winner.

Also it should be noted that the 5th place shooter, Johnny Vitale, is a new shooter participating in his first match.

Thanks for a great match y’all and a hearty congrats to today’s winners.

The next match will be April 26, 2008 so mark your calendars accordingly.

rksimple
03-23-2008, 2:25 PM
Great match and lots of fun. It was a great way to break in the new rifle. Hats off to Jason for the win. He was on all day. Look forward to the next.

wildcard
03-23-2008, 2:36 PM
Great match! It was a lot of fun. I won't bother getting geared up next time though.. not like we get all that dirty :43:

I did learn something though.. I need some better optics. I had to rely on Peter to spot for me!

Everyone shot very well.. Ryan made the shot nobody else could!

rksimple
03-23-2008, 2:50 PM
Great match! It was a lot of fun. I won't bother getting geared up next time though.. not like we get all that dirty :43:

I did learn something though.. I need some better optics. I had to rely on Peter to spot for me!

Everyone shot very well.. Ryan made the shot nobody else could!

As far as the optics are concerned, I was flat amazed at how well I could see everything with the new scope. Seeing the holes in paper at 250 (I think thats what it was) was nothing even at 15x. Seeing the difference, I'd rather put the majority of my $$ into optics than the rifle. Your stock 700 was shooting just perfect as is, just imagine it with better optics. Yesterday was an eye opener for me for sure.

Timberwolf
03-23-2008, 3:01 PM
I thought it was a good match overall though I must admit I felt sorry for some of y'alls rifles during the low crawl. Optics companies like US Optics and S & B don't need to spend money testing the toughness of their scopes . . . I think a few of y'all tested them quite well in that stage - - - ouch.

As for the paint jobs . . . well . . . it pays to keep a couple of cans of Krlon in the gun room for after match touch ups :D

rksimple
03-23-2008, 3:07 PM
I thought it was a good match overall though I must admit I felt sorry for some of y'alls rifles during the low crawl. Optics companies like US Optics and S & B don't need to spend money testing the toughness of their scopes . . . I think a few of y'all tested them quite well in that stage - - - ouch.

As for the paint jobs . . . well . . . it pays to keep a couple of cans of Krlon in the gun room for after match touch ups :D

I cradled that scope as best I could. My body will heal itself...the scope won't! It still looks pretty good. Just a little APS dust on it:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/rksimple/IMG_0345.jpg

wildcard
03-23-2008, 3:32 PM
I closed those lens caps and sacrificed the butt of my rifle instead. It hurt to watch some of those rifles and scopes get dragged through the sand..

Prc329
03-23-2008, 5:29 PM
Damn, kinda glad I overslept. The duracoat won't be fully cured for another week or two.

EmphaticThumb
03-23-2008, 9:12 PM
Thanks again for a great match as always Twolf.

I managed to keep the Schmidt & Bender safely out of the dirt on the low crawl but the skins on my AI have a little "character" now.

Timberwolf
03-23-2008, 9:15 PM
Scratches on the stock and chipped paint add to the CDI factor. LOL

Pascal
03-23-2008, 9:36 PM
Awesome match Timbeworlf...

And Jason...DUDE!!!!!!!!! You were on Fire!!!!!! we never had a chance!!!!!!

Ryan, awesome shooting!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one to be REALLY SORE today????? My arms and legs are kind of ....Hurting... but I guess I'm the "old man" so it's normal...:D

ar15barrels
03-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Where are the course descriptions?

Prc329
03-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Where are the course descriptions?

Here

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=92833

wildcard
03-24-2008, 6:55 AM

Am I the only one to be REALLY SORE today????? My arms and legs are kind of ....Hurting... but I guess I'm the "old man" so it's normal...:D

I can't take all the credit.. I had a good spotter! Plus I think some of your magic dust must have got on my gun when you handed it to me in the dumpster!

You and Ryan are still in the super elite club for that first stage though. Maybe I'll get to join some day :)

If you think you're hurting from the crawling stage, I wonder how the guys without the elbow and knee pads are feeling!

rksimple
03-24-2008, 8:37 AM

Thanks Pascal. Yep, I was a little sore yesterday. I needed to cinch the pads down a little tighter because they really didn't stay in place. It was an excellent match and lots of fun.

PistolPete75
03-24-2008, 9:35 AM

yep nice match. look forward to the next. next time i'll be showing up with a lower bipod. my prone is way too high and unstable. and yes, my uso took a beating but kept on ticking.

it's like the old days when i was a skater. if you look at somone's stick and it ain't got no scratches, it wasn't used properly.

i got to get me some elbow and knee pads. my old butt took a good beating that day.

ahh, i'm getting old.