PDA

View Full Version : Does The City of Detroit Have A Justified Homicide Problem?

CPRAFAN
05-01-2014, 5:17 PM
"Antigun activist suggests using prayers instead of a gun during home invasion attacks . . ."

While I was in attendance at the "Second Amendment March" at the Michigan Capitol Building on this past Tuesday, I ran into a State Senator who represents Detroit residents. After we exchanged pleasantries, he immediately stated to me that we should talk about doing something about Detroit's "justified homicide problem."

Without hesitation, I countered by telling him that justified homicides are not a problem. I then asked him, "Why do you think that we need to focus on reducing justified homicides?" I may have caught him off guard because I did not get an immediate response.

Detroit has already recorded roughly 12 justified homicides this year. Most of those cases involved a predator forcing himself into an occupied dwelling without permission, announcement, or notice. Under the "Castle Doctrine," the presumption - legally speaking - is that the invader of a home presents both a reasonable and imminent danger to the occupants. However, the presumption can be overcome but that burden rests with the Prosecutor.

Apparently, there are too many criminals being shot and killed while they are attacking citizens. No, I do not see justified homicides as a problem. Rather, it is a legal solution for selected victims to defend themselves and their families against danger. However, we definitely DO have a violent crime problem in Detroit and until that issue has been resolved will we then see less citizens needing to defend their families.

Some anti-self-defense activists believe that home owners should not be allowed to shoot invaders. One such person suggested to me during a live airing of a local news show that invaded citizens should attempt to guide the attackers in prayer. Moreover, this same "activist" a few days later tried to chastise the local police chief because he referred to home invaders as predators. In my opinion, they are predators and a few other choice expletives that come immediately to my mind. "
http://www.legallyarmedindetroit.com/2014/05/does-city-of-detroit-have-justified.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT_g_n61gY Entire Detroit Neighborhood Abandoned to Crackheads and Gangstas . . .

mshill
05-02-2014, 7:18 AM
Its a crime problem to which one of the solutions is justified homicide.

estrom
05-02-2014, 7:30 AM
Oh, I would be praying alright if my home was under invasion..."Lord help this bullet nail this sucker!"

Mulay El Raisuli
05-02-2014, 7:42 AM
If the homicide is "justified," then it's not a problem.

The Raisuli

ja308
05-02-2014, 7:42 AM
Its a clever mind control program promoted by the very powerful for the very ignorant !
We see it nationally when quite frequently when the murderer is counted among the dead, like that's a problem !

Anti gun media and democrat politicians use the word " homocide " instead of murder to cook the books .
Justifiable homocides are actually a good thing ! They stop all future crimes by those who would rob, rape and murder !

RobertMW
05-02-2014, 7:54 AM
Lol, lead them in prayer, ok.

"Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."

Hoooper
05-02-2014, 12:37 PM
if they were capable of being led by prayer during or anytime around that period of time, they would not be in that situation to begin with

philobeddoe
05-02-2014, 12:48 PM
I'll oblige with a posthumous prayer.

Decoligny
05-02-2014, 1:11 PM
Last Rites is a prayer, right?

Jester3
05-02-2014, 1:16 PM
Oh, I would be praying alright if my home was under invasion..."Lord help this bullet nail this sucker!"

AMEN !!!

CurlyDave
05-02-2014, 3:29 PM
Look at the total number of felony crimes and compare that to justified homicide number.

Crimes are much greater than justified homicide. The rate is much to low.

Mulay El Raisuli
05-02-2014, 9:39 PM
Last Rites is a prayer, right?

Why, yes, it is!

The Raisuli

Lifeon2whls
05-06-2014, 2:20 PM
So I have a friend who's parents and a few friends still live in some of the rougher areas of Detroit. I could go on and on about some of the stories but the one most relevant to this thread was a friend of hers was sitting at home drinking and some guy tried breaking in through the back sliding glass door. He grabbed his gun, called the Police who hung up on him because the guy was still outside and made sure to let the guy know he was armed and not to come in the house. The guy proceeded to continue to try to get in the house and he was finally able to get the door loose...once he stepped through the door way, the friend shot and killed the intruder. Once again he called the Police who told him that they would send someone out at some point but it may be a few days (dead guy is not a threat and they are too busy with other things). To make a long story short, this guy had to have someone call in a favor to the DA's office to send the corner's office out and take the body the next day.

My favorite stories though are the ones about how squatters are "fixing up" homes and renting them to other squatters! Its amazing.

Sutcliffe
05-06-2014, 3:53 PM
A failed city leads to failed public services. Failed services leads to rampant crime. Oh well.

CWM4A1
05-06-2014, 4:00 PM
Of course they want to address this "justified homicide problem"... With all the gangsters and crack-heads killed, who would vote for the corrupt politicians?