PDA

View Full Version : Howdy.

Glock30
03-21-2008, 6:15 PM
Forgot to post in here when I first signed up!

My names Eric and I just moved to LA from Houston!

Heard about this forum off of Glocktalk.

Fjold
03-21-2008, 6:28 PM
Glad to see you here. You're in for a rude awakening as to our gunlaws here compared to Texas.

Please remember that you have to register all of your handguns within 60 days of moving into the state with the DOJ. (at $19/gun)

I just flew back from Houston last night.

Glock30
03-21-2008, 6:40 PM
Oh I've been here since August, thanks though. I'm pretty sickened by the laws and am so damn jealous everytime I fly back to Houston just because all of my friends are carrying. They even made it legal to carry in your car (concealed) without a permit)

What were you doing over there? And I don't want to take my guns in, I heard some pretty good horror stories about out of state'rs TRYING to register their guns.

lerroy1119
03-21-2008, 7:34 PM
They even made it legal to carry in your car (concealed) without a permit)

WOW I wish we could that. I can't even open carry in the front lawn to pick up my mail without people starring at me

Glock30
03-21-2008, 8:13 PM
lol! Yeah, gotta love it )=

Fjold
03-21-2008, 9:38 PM
I had a gas turbine fail a test cell run after overhaul at GE's depot out in Jacintoport so I had to go watch them take it apart again. I'm good at watching things.

I remember living in South Carolina. The law there was that loaded guns in cars had to kept in a seperate compartment from the driver but the glove compartment was considered a seperate compartment.

Glock30
03-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I had a gas turbine fail a test cell run after overhaul at GE's depot out in Jacintoport so I had to go watch them take it apart again. I'm good at watching things.

I remember living in South Carolina. The law there was that loaded guns in cars had to kept in a seperate compartment from the driver but the glove compartment was considered a seperate compartment.

Oh cool. I remember being in Jacintoport one night. Got hassled by a gang, unfortunately I was too young to carry )=

Yeah, this law was passed just a few months ago, the cops I used to work with were telling me about it. I also had a couple of friends who bailed from taking the CHL course just because they could now carry ready to go on their body or under a jacket in their car.

The glovebox thing is cool though (=