PDA

View Full Version : just got 300 rounds of specialty 22lr ammo

jcaoloveshine
03-20-2008, 2:31 PM
so i decided to do some ammo shopping for ammo that ive always wanted to try and ended up getting velocitors, stingers, and quik shoks (100 each). probably head out to panoche next friday to test these guys out on assorted fruit and destroyable targets. anyone shot these before?

USN CHIEF
03-20-2008, 2:55 PM
I have used the Stingers... Good ammo for my 10/22. You will definately have fun with fruits. post pics.

johnny_22
03-20-2008, 2:56 PM
Lots of "recoil" and is fun with my 617 or Marlin bolt action.

The one that is the best at at quiet range and a hard backstop is the Aguilla Sniper SubSonic (SSS). If no one else is shooting, you can hear the "Twack" as it hits the backstop. Really cool for a rimfire.

jcaoloveshine
03-20-2008, 4:18 PM
recoil eh? how much more recoil would it have than a cci blazer brick 22? its supposedly about 60-70ft lbs more powerful.

Patriot
03-20-2008, 4:43 PM
recoil eh? how much more recoil would it have than a cci blazer brick 22? its supposedly about 60-70ft lbs more powerful.

Careful, if it's too powerful you might even notice it ;)

maxicon
03-20-2008, 6:06 PM
I got a brick of Velocitors a while back to see if they'd cycle in my Beretta 21A. They've got a lot of muzzle flash, but I didn't notice a lot more recoil. Both are probably due to the short barrel.

ViPER395
03-20-2008, 8:44 PM
Careful using the stingers and qwik-shoks if you have a tight match chamber. The shells are about 1/8 longer and can mess up your rifling in a tight match/bentz chambered gun.

Take a look at them side by side with the velocitors in your hand. The velocitors use a standard length .22lr case. You'll see the difference. I've not tried the qwik-shoks but the velocitors and stingers are nice and powerful. The velocitors are more accurate for me.

JayRuff
03-20-2008, 10:46 PM
lol, I'm sorry, can you say that again? recoil on a .22?

CSDGuy
03-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I have to agree with the subsonics... they're extremely quiet. Actually, they sound a lot like a loud airgun. If I had a choice of .22LR ammo to shoot without hearing protection (yeah, I know... it's an example) I'd choose the subsonic stuff over even standard velocity.

I do NOT advocate EVER shooting without hearing protection unless you are forced to (Self Defense).

AJAX22
03-21-2008, 6:38 AM
I've played with most of those.

I was very impressed with the quik shok stuff, its excelent for small game (squirls/rabbits etc) and does interesting things when you shoot it into watterbottles.

The aguilla SSS stuff is awesome. in a 30 inch barrel its like having a suppressed gun. you can hear the bullet impact louder than the shot.