PDA

View Full Version : CMMG???

Deadred7o7
03-20-2008, 12:22 AM
In my internet travels I came across a site that had CMMG uppers with barrels and gas tube but came without the hand guard and am unable to relocate can any buddy help me out?? :kest:

Eric_Oh
03-20-2008, 12:41 AM
are you sure it isn't cmmg's official site? You pretty much choose any of their uppers and select in the options drop down lists to go with no handguards.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1

Deadred7o7
03-20-2008, 12:50 AM
No that wasnt it. The site had CMMG and Stag I think.

cal
03-20-2008, 1:07 AM
you could always just searched through your browsers history folder

nevermind. missed the traveling part.

jacques
03-20-2008, 8:50 AM
There are a thousand sites with that.

www.riflegear.com has CMMG's with just the gas tube and no hand guard

Deadred7o7
03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I dont think so I have looked at Riflegear at least this wasnt a custom option

Deadred7o7
03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
The site showed a Pic. of the upper with barrel and gas tube assembled but with no handguard.

shark92651
03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Did it look like this?

http://www.riflegear.com/images/product/medium/207.jpg

That was probably my site - I used to have pictures of CMMG uppers with a low-profile gas block, no delta ring and no end cap. The reason I took that particular item off the website is because I now have all my handguard/sight/gas block options on the product page and you can customize it for each upper and nobody ever ordered the upper with no handguards anyway. I can sell it to you that way though. If there is a configuration you cannot build from the options on the website just give me a call and I will quote you a price. I think I even still have a couple in that exact configuration in 16" and 20" lengths ready to ship.

Deadred7o7
03-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Bingo we have a winner LOL thats it. Man your going to have all of my lunch money by the end of this hole build.

4D5auto
03-20-2008, 1:01 PM
Did it look like this?

http://www.riflegear.com/images/product/medium/207.jpg

That was probably my site - I used to have pictures of CMMG uppers with a low-profile gas block, no delta ring and no end cap. The reason I took that particular item off the website is because I now have all my handguard/sight/gas block options on the product page and you can customize it for each upper and nobody ever ordered the upper with no handguards anyway. I can sell it to you that way though. If there is a configuration you cannot build from the options on the website just give me a call and I will quote you a price. I think I even still have a couple in that exact configuration in 16" and 20" lengths ready to ship.

I need to call you! CMMG NEVER answers their phones! I hope this isn't a representative of the quality of their receivers....

I want to configure an Upper and need assistance, obviously CMMG isn't capable of this!!

bwiese
03-20-2008, 1:08 PM
I need to call you! CMMG NEVER answers their phones! I hope this isn't a representative of the quality of their receivers....

Nope, just that they're selling a lotta items.

I want to configure an Upper and need assistance, obviously CMMG isn't capable of this!!

CMMG is indeed capable of this. They can't put all combos on their websites.

CMMG makes good stuff, but if you'd rather deal with another vendor to get a CMMG product, the Calguns vendors here (like Shark, etc.) will do you right.

4D5auto
03-20-2008, 1:18 PM
I'm sure Shark will! I need to call him.

CMMG just doesn't answer their phones, period! All you will get is their answering service during lunch hour and a 1/2. Then, they take their phone receiver off the hook the rest of the day. It's a shame, there is no way to check an order!

mecam
03-20-2008, 1:19 PM
I just bought one of these from Shark to go with my Spikes Lower. :)

http://www.riflegear.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/206.jpg

Kishfisser
03-20-2008, 2:16 PM
Shark/Riflegear is a great person/place to do business with. He has definately earned my repeat business.

Army GI
03-20-2008, 2:17 PM
I'm sure Shark will! I need to call him.

CMMG just doesn't answer their phones, period! All you will get is their answering service during lunch hour and a 1/2. Then, they take their phone receiver off the hook the rest of the day. It's a shame, there is no way to check an order!

I am not impressed with CMMG's customer service. At. All.

Oleboy
03-20-2008, 2:24 PM
Anytime I call them to order lowers I never have any issue.

pwall
03-20-2008, 2:26 PM
i just typed a nice letter up and faxed to them about an issue I have with one of their uppers. Sent on Tuesday, still havent heard back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!

4D5auto
03-20-2008, 2:58 PM
I just bought one of these from Shark to go with my Spikes Lower. :)

http://www.riflegear.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/206.jpg

I like that upper, that one is on the definite maybe list! I need to look at others he has.

Asa for the other responses, Good to know I'm not the only one!

Most businesses are poorly managed and severely lack customer service

maxicon
03-20-2008, 7:08 PM
I've also heard that CMMG's customer service is very poor...

4D5auto
03-20-2008, 8:08 PM
Hope they see this!

4D5auto
03-07-2010, 9:42 AM
Wow, just ran across this old thread, it's been over a year now and CMMG STILL can't produce a SPR they advertise. What a shame!

kdmmcc
03-24-2010, 6:25 PM
Are their lowers anygood?

Noobert
03-24-2010, 6:27 PM
Are their lowers anygood?

they are, like most other lower manufacturers, good to go