PDA

View Full Version : Bolt not returning

BadFish
03-19-2008, 8:52 PM
So today I took my AR stock off to replace a take down pin. however now when I charge the rifle the bolt doesn't come all the way back.I hit the bolt release but nothing happens. Then after a few sec it slides forward and I can release it.
I did remove the spring from the stock and put it back, could I have done something wrong?

J_Rock
03-19-2008, 8:56 PM
So today I took my AR stock off to replace a take down pin. however now when I charge the rifle the bolt doesn't come all the way back.I hit the bolt release but nothing happens. Then after a few sec it slides forward and I can release it.
I did remove the spring from the stock and put it back, could I have done something wrong?

yep thats probably it

supersonic
03-20-2008, 4:12 AM
Did you also put your buffer back inside the spring & then make sure the buffer retainer captured it correctly?

BadFish
03-20-2008, 8:58 AM
I thought it looked right when I put everything back, but I will take it apart tonight and try again.

supersonic
03-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Check your PM's.

BadFish
03-20-2008, 9:07 PM
OK, well its working correctly now, it had to have been the spring and buffer. Is it possible to put in the spring backwards?? because all I did was remove it and flip it around then put it back in. Thanks for all the info and offers of help I received. This place really is a great site.