PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento OLL friendly range questions

deleted by PC police
03-19-2008, 4:25 PM
I know Cordova range is ok with OLL's but what about others in the area. I went to dillmans a while ago and really liked it but there wasn't person with an OLL. There's almost always at least one at Cordova. What about Sac Valley?

PLINK
03-19-2008, 4:35 PM
I know Cordova range is ok with OLL's but what about others in the area. I went to dillmans a while ago and really liked it but there wasn't person with an OLL. There's almost always at least one at Cordova. What about Sac Valley?

Sac Valley is good to go for OLL's.

If you like the range and think you will shoot there often, please join the Folsom Shooting club.

deleted by PC police
03-19-2008, 4:37 PM
Sac Valley is good to go for OLL's.

If you like the range and think you will shoot there often, please join the Folsom Shooting club.

Where's the folsom shooting club? *edit* nevermind. I looked it up. I have to look at the place first but I either want to join Sac valley or Dillmans.

mike22ca
03-19-2008, 4:39 PM
I went for the first time about 2 weeks ago to the el dorado hills rod and gun club range in EDH... its pretty sweet, I really like it. No one seemed to mind I had a AK. Generated more interest then anything.

deleted by PC police
03-19-2008, 4:42 PM
I went for the first time about 2 weeks ago to the el dorado hills rod and gun club range in EDH... its pretty sweet, I really like it. No one seemed to mind I had a AK. Generated more interest then anything.

I would love to go up there if I didn't live down in antelope. Long drive.

Fobjoe
03-19-2008, 4:50 PM
Yolo Sportsmen in Davis should be pretty OK. Nobody ever harassed me about my Saiga. I am yet to take an OLL.

...One guy there did very rudely tell me: "put that bayonet away before I take my foot and shove it up your A**!" (referring to Mosin Nagant M44)...other than that it's not so bad if you don't mind being limited to 100 yards max. At 7 bucks, I can't really complain.

supersonic
03-19-2008, 6:27 PM
Yolo Sportsmen in Davis should be pretty OK. Nobody ever harassed me about my Saiga. I am yet to take an OLL.

...One guy there did very rudely tell me: "put that bayonet away before I take my foot and shove it up your A**!" (referring to Mosin Nagant M44)...other than that it's not so bad if you don't mind being limited to 100 yards max. At 7 bucks, I can't really complain.

WHO said that to you? Another shooter? Did you tell Jeff (R.O.)? Did you tell the person to F**K the HELL OFF? YSA = completely OLL and bayonet=friendly!!!!!!;)

Fobjoe
03-19-2008, 6:45 PM
I had another thread back in January about this. It was a guy in a blue mechanic's suit, one of the R.O.s...Since one ALWAYS follows RO instructions, I did not contest and had to change my point of aim (since the mosin groups left without the bayonet). I've only been there 3 times so I'm not familiar with names.

supersonic
03-19-2008, 8:15 PM
I had another thread back in January about this. It was a guy in a blue mechanic's suit, one of the R.O.s...Since one ALWAYS follows RO instructions, I did not contest and had to change my point of aim (since the mosin groups left without the bayonet). I've only been there 3 times so I'm not familiar with names.

Was he early -mid-40's/long, red ponytail & wearing a dark / navy blue/black pair of coveralls?

Fobjoe
03-19-2008, 8:27 PM
Yep, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that description. It's not like he singled me out or anything. He was talking like that to everyone and I'll admit some of the mean things he said to some people was pretty funny. (like when people were handling equipment during ceasefire)...Are you a YSA member?

a1fabweld
03-19-2008, 9:12 PM
I just went to the Lincoln range with my PTR-91 about 2 weeks ago. There were all types of folks from white collar guys to little kids to bikers there. I blew off about 160 rds from it & my M1A & no one even blinked an eye. I was actually surprised. People walked by me with the PTR like it was my grandfathers old hunting rifle. I think the Lincoln range is really easy going as far as "black rifles" go.

mushrew
03-19-2008, 10:15 PM
no problems with OLLs at yolo sportsman, they raised the prices this year though...$2 per visit instead of $1 =[. we'll see what they say when i bring in my bohica 50 DTC upper next week.

redneckshootist
03-19-2008, 10:23 PM
went to ysa today and fired my amd 65 pistol build. that range is oll friendly but not bayonet friendly. Jeff the R.O. is very anti-bayo:rolleyes:

supersonic
03-20-2008, 2:01 AM
Yep, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that description. It's not like he singled me out or anything. He was talking like that to everyone and I'll admit some of the mean things he said to some people was pretty funny. (like when people were handling equipment during ceasefire)...Are you a YSA member?

Yes, I've been a member for several years. Jeff is a very cool guy, and will go out of his way to help anyone with anything (God knows he's proven how kind & patient he can be when helping people set up their Chronys / teaching a newb how to boresight a bolt gun / spotting for you if you are having trouble seeing your POI / lending help & tools to anyone in need , etc...etc...). There is only ONE thing he will not tolerate: someone who is not following the safety guidelines. Then he tends to "really let you know." That includes handling equipment that is on the firing line during ceasefire, which is what gets guys changing their targets down range shot. You must understand that you either misunderstood a joke he may have made about "bayonets", but unless you were doing something unsafe with it, there's no way Jeff would say something so disrespectful & "mean" to anyone on his watch.
Shrew: he'll just put you all the way down @ the far end of the 100, like he does w/ all the guys that shoot their .50BMG's there. He won't have to say a word, as I will be going straight to that lonely (uncovered:p) bench when my AR-30 .338 Lapua Mag makes its debut there !!!!!!!!:D

supersonic
03-20-2008, 2:08 AM
Jeff the R.O. is very anti-bayo:rolleyes:

:rofl2: BTW, Redneck - whazzzup!!!!!! Hey, are you referring to an AK pistola build? If so, I'd like to hook up & take that baby for a ride next time we are both out there!!!! PM me / let me know. Peace,
Scott

ROCKETW19
03-20-2008, 10:52 AM
:rofl2: BTW, Redneck - are you referring to an AK pistola build?

Wow can you post up pictures!

redneckshootist
03-21-2008, 1:31 AM
:rofl2: BTW, Redneck - whazzzup!!!!!! Hey, are you referring to an AK pistola build? If so, I'd like to hook up & take that baby for a ride next time we are both out there!!!! PM me / let me know. Peace,
Scott

yeah I took my ak pistola build there it was built off an amd 65 kit;). Ive been a member of that range for quite some time. Im usally there on saturdays. You are welcome to shoot it, let me know next time you go and I'll try to show up. Im only 15mins away.

redneckshootist
03-21-2008, 1:39 AM
Jeff is a great guy he has helped me a lot on quite a few of my guns he's one of the coolest guys at yolo sportman. He is very anal aobut safety rules, I think thats a good thing cause when you start to slide on that stuff people get hurt. He will let you shoot just about anything there too.

supersonic
03-21-2008, 6:44 AM
Jeff is a great guy he has helped me a lot on quite a few of my guns he's one of the coolest guys at yolo sportman. He is very anal aobut safety rules, I think thats a good thing cause when you sanything there tootart to slide on that stuff people get hurt. He will let you shoot just about anything .

Abso-friggin-lutely. As long as you are being safe, and not rapid - firing, he doesn't care what the hay-al you bring to the line. It is how any & every true range officer should be behaving . Plus, he's got a good heart & has raised probably one of the nicest, most well-mannered kids (Evan) that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. (I need to ask Jeff, next time I see him, what the "trick" was, because I don't seem to be getting it quite right. No matter how hard I try!!!!!!:p)

redneckshootist
03-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow can you post up pictures!
pics are in this thread
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91161