PDA

View Full Version : AR15 business is good, which means everything is going out of stock.

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2008, 8:21 AM
I just spent all morning trying to find some LPKs. Stag is out. Rock River is out. Acusport doesn't have any. I am out.

I finally found a source, but I am not saying where. At least I should have some in a week.

The AR business is crazy right now so don't be surprised if you are waiting for items from all of the usual vendors.

hawk1
03-19-2008, 8:23 AM
How many days till the election? Nobody trusts the 'rats if they get in. Buy early and buy big...:D

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2008, 9:15 AM
I actually made a huge score last night. I found Winchester Q3131 in stock at Acusport. How many boxes? The quantity thing said, "Yes". I ordered 10,000 rounds. The bad news? I am going to have to charge $11 a box. :eek: I will bump it down to $10 if you buy 500 rounds or more.

I might take 2000 rounds just for myself.

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2008, 9:59 AM
Ok, I was able to find some CMMG and DPMS LPKs to tide me over until this LPK shortage blows over. Seriously, get your LPKs now! Apparently the hammers are in short supply.

Deadred7o7
03-19-2008, 10:06 AM
I just thought that 10% was what you had in stock. J/K :rofl:

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM
I just thought that 10% was what you had in stock. J/K :rofl:

Actually, that usually would have been funny, but I am out of stock on a lot of items right now so it is actually more accurate than I would like it to be!

Eric_Oh
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I and some of my friends are jumping into the mix is because we recently saw some prince50 & bullet button equipped models on display at the most recent local gun show.

Neither the MMG nor the U-15 Stock were appealing enough to consider assembling or purchasing the AR.

I really thinks the BB and Prince50 have made a big impression on the California gun owners.

Satex
03-19-2008, 11:50 AM
The AR business is crazy right now so don't be surprised if you are waiting for items from all of the usual vendors.

El Rojo: can you share some thoughts as to why this is? Is it just here in CA or is it a nationwide thing?

Wyseguy
03-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Umm, maybe that ad in the Shotgun News is finally paying off!!

MonsterMan
03-19-2008, 12:33 PM
I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I and some of my friends are jumping into the mix is because we recently saw some prince50 & bullet button equipped models on display at the most recent local gun show.

Neither the MMG nor the U-15 Stock were appealing enough to consider assembling or purchasing the AR.

I really thinks the BB and Prince50 have made a big impression on the California gun owners.

The MMG and U-15 are for people who have legal hi cap magazines and for people who want a detachable magazine.

Nodda Duma
03-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Are you going to try to stock up on Stag uppers anytime soon? I'm going to be trying to get a 4HL in the near future to put on the receiver I got from you guys.

-Jason

aplinker
03-19-2008, 1:01 PM
The MMG and U-15 are for people who have legal hi cap magazines and for people who want a detachable magazine.

Read: people who believe in function over form. :)

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2008, 6:17 PM
I just ordered more Stag uppers this morning so they should be here in about two weeks.

I think the cause of the slow down is probably three fold.

#1: Tax return time. People have money to spend.

#2: Democrats might get elected. This has everyone on edge and getting "what you can't get later".

#3: Who ever makes the United State's supply of standard AR15 hammers got behind and is having a hell of a time catching up.

I am doing some big time juggling right now but I think I managed not to over sell my LPKs and might make it until Tuesday when my CMMGs come in.

sanddragon2004
03-19-2008, 6:41 PM
ya really

pray a dem doesnt get in to office.

Ford8N
03-19-2008, 6:55 PM
Actually, that usually would have been funny, but I am out of stock on a lot of items right now so it is actually more accurate than I would like it to be!

You could expand over to the dark side and do the AK thing. I bet you would be the only one with a store front in the entire state. You are something of a pioneer....;)

brokestudent12
03-19-2008, 7:17 PM
Read: people who believe in function over form. :)

Function over fashion

larryb
03-19-2008, 7:41 PM
Just checked your site and shows you are out of RRA stage 2 lpk's?? When will you get more in? I can always buy the stage 2 trigger & hammer and rob the lower parts kit from my other build for now till you get more in.

Twinspool
03-19-2008, 8:37 PM
#1: Tax return time. People have money to spend.

#2: Democrats might get elected. This has everyone on edge and getting "what you can't get later".

Ha, that's me!

Thanks Stag! Now why the crap do I have to wait for my optics Nikon!?!?

jamesob
03-19-2008, 8:50 PM
hey i will be in taft tommorow to pic up my spikes 22 and lower kit. you got my lpk still right? i hope so.

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2008, 9:00 PM
hey i will be in taft tommorow to pic up my spikes 22 and lower kit. you got my lpk still right? i hope so.

I am working on it. I am robbing parts from everywhere to make sure I didn't over sell.

sanddragon2004
03-19-2008, 9:08 PM
when u say lpk do you mean lower parts kits?

sorry im new.

if so ill take 2!

to go with my receivers you already sent out.

just emailed you as well

tenpercentfirearms
03-19-2008, 10:54 PM
when u say lpk do you mean lower parts kits?

sorry im new.

if so ill take 2!

I think the whole idea behind me saying I am all out of LPKs is that you can't take two. I am out. :eek:

Eric_Oh
03-20-2008, 12:01 AM
10%... sorry, but i'm gonna hijack the thread for a moment.

reading my post again... i can see that it came off sounding like i'm putting down the MMG. I was refering to my own preference in grip.

I apologize if it sounded like i was putting down your product. I'm all for innovative products that helps us Californians enjoy a greater variety of legal shooting platforms like the AR & AK.

;)

and to the comment regarding function v fashion...
i prefer and am more confident in my own grip of a firearm if i can make full use of the "function" of my opposable thumb to wrap around a grip. I don't have large hands and as such, this makes a pistol grip more functional for me.

My preference for a pistol grip is not in the least motivated by a belief that it is more fashionable.

As for the detachable magazine... i think everyone can see the functional value in this. I was in no way contesting that.

-E.

cactus
03-20-2008, 1:01 AM
I put in a dealer order at DPMS last week they said they had a run as well im waiting 4-8 weeks for a LPK and 12-16 weeks for a upper. Then again I remember this happening about 2 years ago.

saelee23
03-20-2008, 1:17 AM

i agree the bb and prince50 made me get into building an ar

aplinker
03-20-2008, 2:01 AM
i agree the bb and prince50 made me get into building an ar

MonsterMan and Toolbox X (The maker of the U-15) are well aware a huge number of people get into building ARs for the look and feel.

Being limited to 10rds and mags that detach with a tool isn't a big issue with range toys.

You would be surprised at how functional those rifles built with the U-15 and MMG are. It's not hard to get accustomed to them.

Toolbox X
03-20-2008, 9:05 AM
To continue the hijack :)

I designed the U-15 for myself and my friends, and the style of shooting we do. We rarely shoot from a bench. Typically we are outdoors, shooting while moving, and detachable highcap mags are important. There isn't time to flip the rifle open or use a BB. The BB wasn't even invented yet :)

I know the U-15 looks crazy. I'm not offended by people being more attracted to pistol grips and stocks on their AR's. I have AR's with Prince50's because I like the look. But at my core I am a blaster, and the only way to legally blast with an AR in CA is with a MMG or U-15.

tenpercentfirearms
03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Man am I busy.

I at least got my CAA parts on my website finally. I got my Saiga .308 in wood on there.

I have in stock 4 Sig 556s, tons of S&W MP15s, 2 S&W MP15C (man are they nice), and a few other things I can't remember. The problem? No time to even enter them into inventory (bound book yes, POS no) or get them on the website. Life is hard.

mecam
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Man am I busy.

Have you gotten any 10/20s from Cproducts yet?

tenpercentfirearms
03-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Have you gotten any 10/20s from Cproducts yet?

Nope. They like to drag their feet.

mecam
03-28-2008, 7:29 AM

Do you know how are they going to modify the mags? I'm assuming they're going to use the stainless bodies and punch tabs?

shark92651
03-28-2008, 7:32 AM

Still in "coating"? :rolleyes:

mecam
03-28-2008, 7:35 AM
Still in "coating"? :rolleyes:

LOL, they say that to everybody. My stainless was in the coating department for 3-1/2 weeks. :D

Nodda Duma
03-28-2008, 7:36 AM
Man am I busy.

Life is hard.

Yeah but that's the type of hard life you want...staying busy doing what you love :)

-Jason