PDA

View Full Version : buying rifles on the internet

tony stark
03-19-2008, 12:05 AM
the state has not got to making a list of rifles we are to be trusted with yet, have they?
i know that assault rifles (boy, did they get a lot of mileage from that one) can be problematic.
what i am looking at is a 1903a3. the seller ships to your ffl and he completes the transfer?
is that all there is to it?

gir007
03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
yes thats pretty much, and the shipping and transfer fees. ask the ffl you go to what their charge is the one i go to is like 50 i believe. btw i have the same model your looking at what is the manufacture your trying to get? mines a remington.

Quiet
03-19-2008, 12:15 AM
There is no "approved" list for longarms (rifles/shotguns).

If you buy a longarm on the internet, then you need to find a CA FFL dealer that will take the transfer. After you make arrangements with the CA FFL dealer, the seller sends the longarm to the CA FFL dealer. You goto the CA FFL dealer, do the DROS and pay for the transfer fees.

Do note, that CA FFL dealer charge $50-100 to do an out-of-state transfer.
So, remember to factor in that cost when buying online.

If you are trying to get a C&R firearm (such as a 1903A3), then go get a 03-FFL. If you have a 03-FFL, the seller can send you a C&R longarm directly and you can skip having a CA FFL dealer process it.

tony stark
03-19-2008, 11:55 PM
right at the moment i need all the education i can get as far as the 1903a3 rifles.
i am looking for a shooter, whether it's a remington or a smith corona, not sure if it makes any difference to me.
i would like it to be complete in all respects, but that's just in case i decide to sell it later.
i have been told that these rifles are the rifleman's rifle, but as i am sure you know beauty is in the eye of the beholder.