PDA

View Full Version : **Madera County FFL Dealer Expands Offerings, Selling OLLs and CA Legal ARs**

Mad Geek
03-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Just a quick note for the folks around Fresno, Madera and Nearby Counties:

There is a shop in Oakhurst that has just recently decided to start selling OLL lowers and anything else you might want for building your own AR. They are looking at bringing in Smith and Wesson M&P 15 built to CA legal specs.

They are currently ordering Stag stripped lowers, but they will order what you want as long as it's "off list" and legal to posses.

The business name is The Sportsmans Den. They are located on Hiway 41, just past the Hiway 49 interchange in Oakhurst (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=sportsmans+den,+oakhurst,+CA&um=1&ie=UTF). They are open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM til 5 PM.

Great folks to deal with when you get tired of getting funny looks and crass comments from the "super-stores" with their super prices in The Valley.

Call them @ (559) 683-2900. Ask for Stan or Mark
------------------------------------------------
Tell Them Chuck Sent Ya. :)

p7m8jg
03-18-2008, 1:14 PM
Thanks Chuck.

Sounds like a motorcycle ride is in order once a weekend is free...

Mad Geek
03-18-2008, 1:44 PM
You're welcome, p7m8jg!

Any excuse for a motorcycle ride with weather like what we're having is a GOOD excuse. Especially when it involves a ride up toward Yosemite. :D

FEDUPWBS
03-18-2008, 2:18 PM
As soon as he will sell/transfer ANY legal OLL. HE WILL SEE MY MONEY. But not until then.

Shane916
03-18-2008, 3:25 PM
As soon as he will sell/transfer ANY legal OLL. HE WILL SEE MY MONEY. But not until then.

You have quite the requirements.

Mad Geek
03-18-2008, 6:02 PM
Spoke with Mark at the Sportsman's Den this afternoon. He reiterated what I stated in my initial post, "...they will order what you want as long as it's "off list" and legal to posses."

He isn't familiar with a lot of the lowers that are available since Stag is easy for them to get from their distributor and quality is good and it's a well known name. If you have a specific brand of OLL that you need/desire and you ask them to get that specifically, they will get it for you as long as they can. Not sure what more anyone could expect them to offer.

On top of everything else, they are good folks. ;)

FEDUPWBS
03-18-2008, 6:14 PM
You have quite the requirements.

You have no idea:). Those who know me here will second that for sure.

Technowizard
03-18-2008, 8:29 PM
You have no idea:). Those who know me here will second that for sure.

Don't know you that well yet FED... but from what I can tell so far is thats the understatement of the year! :D lol. Maybe they'll be more inclined than others to sell us the more exotic goodies we like!

jacques
03-18-2008, 9:41 PM
This is good. Any new place to help spread the disease.

Knifemaker
03-18-2008, 10:19 PM
I have a cabin up there and frequent that store. Always nice people inside and usually some cool older stuff for sale along with the new stuff. Iam going to have to check out what they have next time Iam up there.

Mad Geek
03-19-2008, 6:25 AM
I wish when I was looking to buy up here I'd gone just a LITTLE FURTHER up the the hill and got some acreage. Maybe something flat, with trees, and a lot of self-sustaining, bidodegradable small arms targets. :gunsmilie:

SkyMag68
03-19-2008, 10:24 PM
got buddy in Fresno interest in oLL..I'll let him kno abou the store

Mad Geek
03-19-2008, 10:39 PM
That's exactly why I posted here. Fresno/Madera/Tulare County folks haven't had many choices from what I've heard.

Spread the word. :D

Technowizard
03-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Fixed it for ya! :)

That's exactly why I posted here. Fresno/Madera/Tulare County folks haven't had many choices from what I've heard.

Spread the word. :D

cbn620
03-20-2008, 12:04 AM
I don't usually go out towards Oakhurst, I'm usually up in the Shaver area more often. But I will definitely have to check this out.

Mad Geek
03-20-2008, 6:47 AM
Fixed it for ya! :)

You're "the best"!:D

Mad Geek
03-20-2008, 8:44 PM
bumped for the Central Valley folks. :cool:

Technowizard
03-21-2008, 12:11 AM
You're "the best"!:D

I know! :King:

Mad Geek
03-29-2008, 8:48 AM
.........:cool2:.......... Looks like a GREAT day for a motorcycle ride up to Oakhurst to say hello to these folks, and maybe a trip over to Sun Mountain Gun Club to punch 6.8mm holes in paper from 100 yards away. :D

Mad Geek
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Bump

pbrand
04-28-2008, 6:22 AM

+1. I am getting tired of dealers ONLY DEALING stripped AR receivers.

Mad Geek
04-28-2008, 9:20 AM
If you want more from them than a stripped lower and you haven't checked to see what they offer, you really don't have room to complain. I don't know that FEDUPWBS or you have checked with this dealer to see what they will do for you, and his comment was from early on in this thread. He and I have talked and he's willing to come up, spend a day at the range with me and go meet these folks. Are you?

What do you want, and are they located somewhere that you WOULD deal with them if they'd provide you with what you want? If not, please go bash on another thread. If they've already told you they won't get you what you want and it's legal for them to do so, let me know via PM and I'll find out why.

They are building CA compliant ARs, ordering parts for me to build what I want and are not opposed to buying OR building whatever you want that is CA legal.

pbrand
04-28-2008, 9:21 AM
If you want more from them than a stripped lower and you haven't checked to see what they offer, you really don't have room to complain. I don't know that FEDUPWBS or you have checked with this dealer to see what they will do for you, and his comment was from early on in this thread. He and I have talked and he's willing to come up, spend a day at the range with me and go meet these folks. Are you?

What do you want, and are they located somewhere that you WOULD deal with them if they'd provide you with what you want? If not, please go bash on another thread. If they've already told you they won't get you what you want and it's legal for them to do so, let me know via PM and I'll find out why.

They are building CA compliant ARs, ordering parts for me to build what I want and are not opposed to buying OR building whatever you want that is CA legal.

If they are willing to do all PPT and items like NDS 3 receivers, AKM's, Saiga's, and FAL's then they are cool with me. ;) And will certainly earn my business.

Mad Geek
04-28-2008, 7:12 PM
If they are willing to do all PPT and items like NDS 3 receivers, AKM's, Saiga's, and FAL's then they are cool with me. ;) And will certainly earn my business.

Like I said, call the store, ask for Mark and tell him what you desire. Just don't expect that he's going to put a business license on the line to make a sale. I've seen CA legal Stag rifles come out of the shop as well as Spikes tactical stuff. They typically deal with one distributor for Stag parts like what I suspect most in the state do, but will go the extra mile to get you what you've got your mind set on regardless of who they have to get it through. They made around 10 calls last week trying to find me a Remington 700P in .308 since that's my current "need" even though they don't seem to be available at the moment. We're still working on that, but they put the effort into getting what the customer asks for if you give them the ability.

A great place to deal with and nice folks to hang out and talk with. I LOVE small town places like this one.

IGOTDIRT4U
04-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Just a quick note for the folks around Fresno, Madera and Nearby Counties:

There is a shop in Oakhurst that has just recently decided to start selling OLL lowers and anything else you might want for building your own AR. They are looking at bringing in Smith and Wesson M&P 15 built to CA legal specs.

They are currently ordering Stag stripped lowers, but they will order what you want as long as it's "off list" and legal to posses.

The business name is The Sportsmans Den. They are located on Hiway 41, just past the Hiway 49 interchange in Oakhurst (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=sportsmans+den,+oakhurst,+CA&um=1&ie=UTF). They are open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM til 5 PM.

Great folks to deal with when you get tired of getting funny looks and crass comments from the "super-stores" with their super prices in The Valley.

Call them @ (559) 683-2900. Ask for Stan or Mark
------------------------------------------------
Tell Them Chuck Sent Ya. :)

Now you tell me, after I get back to OC?!?!?! :D

Mad Geek
04-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Now you tell me, after I get back to OC?!?!?! :D

We just need to learn to communicate a little better, Brother! ;)

hss0p
04-30-2008, 4:00 PM
Do they have a website?

Mad Geek
04-30-2008, 4:43 PM
Do they have a website?

No, although they do see the advantages it could have for them they've not taken that step yet, but are looking into it. Stay tuned. :D

Just keep in mind, they don't have a lot of money tied up in inventory to crowd their shelves, but they will order what you want. This is a small shop and they stock what moves regularly. They do try to keep an OLL and a CA Compliant build in the rack right next to the Kel-Tec SU-16CA that they sell all they can get their hands on, but since they've only just started in the CA Legal AR stuff recently, they haven't seen enough demand to get a real good feel for what they can afford to pre-order.

Thanks for asking, does my response make sense?

hss0p
04-30-2008, 4:56 PM
No, although they do see the advantages it could have for them they've not taken that step yet, but are looking into it. Stay tuned. :D

Just keep in mind, they don't have a lot of money tied up in inventory to crowd their shelves, but they will order what you want. This is a small shop and they stock what moves regularly. They do try to keep an OLL and a CA Compliant build in the rack right next to the Kel-Tec SU-16CA that they sell all they can get their hands on, but since they've only just started in the CA Legal AR stuff recently, they haven't seen enough demand to get a real good feel for what they can afford to pre-order.

Thanks for asking, does my response make sense?

Yes it does. Ill have to take a drive up there. Can always use a friendly/honest FFL.

SFV_Dealer
05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah!
About time a central valley dealer gets into the OLL business!
Now I will have to contact all those north central valley customers of mine that want a transfer from me and send them all there.
Instead of having them trek all the way up to Sacramento, another choice for Central Valley folks!
And good to know they are on the way up to Yosemite National Park!
Thanks.....

Mad Geek
05-16-2008, 6:54 PM
Get up out of the valley heat this weekend and see what these guys are willing to do for your business. While you're at it, bring your fishin' pole and head up to Bass Lake. Even if the fish aren't bitin', the scenery and view will be SO worth it. :D

Small town shop, and just nice folks. ;)

gg77
05-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Can anyone confirm if they do transfers for AK receivers or complete AKs or anything cool like that? ARs are nice but I want some variety.

FEDUPWBS
05-17-2008, 12:14 AM
There will be a full blown OLL FFL in Fresno SOON!

gg77
05-17-2008, 2:22 AM
There will be a full blown OLL FFL in Fresno SOON!

I know i've heard this before in another thread but I can't tell if it's some elaborate joke or just wishful thinking.

Technowizard
05-17-2008, 2:58 AM
I know i've heard this before in another thread but I can't tell if it's some elaborate joke or just wishful thinking.

Nope its real... they're just awaiting the license. It'll be on the south side of Fresno in a couple months. It even has a nice name for the shop... but its not my place to talk about it. You'll see! :D

gg77
05-17-2008, 3:41 AM
In that case i'm glad. It's about time Fresno had an FFL worth a damn.

Mad Geek
05-17-2008, 5:18 AM
Can anyone confirm if they do transfers for AK receivers or complete AKs or anything cool like that? ARs are nice but I want some variety.

If you ask them to order it for you, and they have a source they can deal with, and it's legal to possess in California, they will do the transaction for you.

If you have something specific you want, call them. Ask for Mark or Stan. If they say they won't do it, please reply back here with the specifics.

Nice to hear that a new shop is opening up in Fresno. Hope they aren't going to be Buttheads. :driving:

Mad Geek
06-19-2008, 6:01 AM
Anything new on the new shop opening up in Fresno?

Beelzy
06-19-2008, 8:46 AM
Don't know about the Fresno Shop, but I do know of a place in Clovis.
If I remember, the place is called Breco Arms. I "heard" they had a line out the
door when the first started selling OLLs!!

Mad Geek
06-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Don't know about the Fresno Shop, but I do know of a place in Clovis.
If I remember, the place is called Breco Arms. I "heard" they had a line out the
door when the first started selling OLLs!!

I love hearing stories like that. :D I'll have to look them up next time I make it down off the hill.

ARshooterNCA
06-19-2008, 4:37 PM
Sierra Arms in modesto off of carpenter are also selling oll and accessories for the ar build.

Mad Geek
06-19-2008, 4:47 PM
Wow! Everybody is jumping, just before the election. :D

pbrand
06-30-2008, 7:39 AM
Sierra Arms in modesto off of carpenter are also selling oll and accessories for the ar build.

Do they transfer NDS-3 Receivers?

Mad Geek
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
BTTT

:sleeping:

Mad Geek
05-24-2009, 11:14 AM
No, I haven't stranded this thread. :43:

The Sportsman's Den in Oakhurst just recently received more stripped AR lowers. They have added a LPK to a few w/Prince 50 mag release and a 6 position collapsable stock.

BTTT.

:patriot:

pbrand
06-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Do they transfer NDS-3 Receivers?

They received my NDS3 receiver a while back. Just wanted to update that Sportsmens Den will bring in most any OLL.

Mad Geek
06-12-2009, 2:16 PM
I was in there just yesterday and they had received a few Rogio (sp.) complete lowers. Don't know whose parts they were, but had a collapsible stock. Looked pretty nice. Don't remember the price, but the value from them is usually on par or better than in THE VALLEY. :D