PDA

View Full Version : AR Odds & Ends

dfletcher
03-17-2008, 4:59 PM
Building my 1st AR and using Brownells (C & R discount) almost exclusively for all the odds & ends. I just know I'm going to forget a part or two or launch a detent & spring into low orbit. Is there a store anywhere between Sacramento & San Jose & Dublin that I can walk into and grab a part I may need?

apbrian112
03-17-2008, 5:03 PM
hehe.. just put a bag over it and cut a couple of coils off of the springs. it'll still work fine. haha, i still remember looking around for mine for my first build. suprisingly i found both and was able to complete the build without having to drive to randalls place to pick it up.
if not, you can order a couple of the little springs and detents from brownells (look under small parts)

aplinker
03-17-2008, 5:49 PM
Just buy them in advance... doesn't hurt to have a few things around. They're about $0.80/each. Stores charge more. A lot more. Getting them shipped would cost more than the parts.

Now, me, I've still yet to lose anything during an assembly... knock on wood. 11 down.

Lon Moer
03-17-2008, 9:09 PM
Irvington Arms has most of the springs, pins and detents on hand.

AJAX22
03-17-2008, 9:11 PM
I usually use M+A for little detents and stuff, they've been reliable and quick to ship.