PDA

View Full Version : GSG-5 Accessories

Infidel
03-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I did a search on this but didn't come up with anything. I'm wanting to know what type of rail this is, and also if anyone who has a GSG knows what rails, and other accessories will absolutely work on the GSG. To be more specific I'm interested in PDW folding stock and the rail in the picture below. Also I'd like to know where I can get a mount to install an aimpoint clone. Basically I'd like to build the gun in the picture. Thanks

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/aronreyes/GSG5WITHRAIL.jpg

FatOnCoke
03-17-2008, 10:40 AM
You can't build this gun in the picture in California.

Dude! You need to know the law. Folding stock is illegal in the pictured configuration above!

Read here..
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=89490&highlight=GSG

Stanze
03-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Dude! You need to know the law. Folding stock is illegal!

Read here..

Folding stocks on rimfires are not illegal, however the overall length needs to be 26" with the stock folded in CA for rimfires.

aplinker
03-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft.

They're Airsoft parts for MP5s.

Please direct all airsoft (and GSG-5) related questions to SolidSnake87.

(P.S. - I shot the GSG-5 - it's chintsy airsoft. If you like can deal with that, go for it.)

FlyingPen
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
(P.S. - I shot the GSG-5 - it's chintsy airsoft. If you like can deal with that, go for it.)

I wonder if you could upgrade everything like the pistol grip, stock, forearms, barrel, etc to make it feel more solid and quality... but by then you're probably at the price of a decent CA-94 or building your own HK94 clone. I guess if you really wanted to shoot 22LR though, that's still a good option.

Quiet
03-17-2008, 12:23 PM
All the upgrade parts for the GSG5, that people are currently using, are high-quality airsoft items.

Some of the parts are drop in, some require modifications.

Real MP5/HK94 parts do not fit on the GSG5.

In CA, overall length folded needs to be greater than 26". All the airsoft folding stocks (PDW/UMP) on the GSG5 have an overall length less than 26". So, they are illegal to use in CA.

AR15.com has a forum dedicated to the GSG5, including a thread that shows what is compatible and what mods are needed to make parts fit.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=236712

:Pirate:

Solidsnake87
03-17-2008, 3:59 PM
That is mostly likely the Classic Army KAC style RAS system. Note that ALL rail devices require heavy modification to fit the GSG-5. Please use the search. All of your questions have been answered in one of my many threads!

Ryan HBC
03-17-2008, 4:18 PM
...high-quality airsoft items.

lol oxymoron. To each his own and everything, but do we have to turn Calguns into a GSG-5 forum? I'm starting to get embarrassed.

Then again, my bump isn't helping matters.

Lon Moer
03-17-2008, 8:07 PM
Airsoft Extreme (http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=598) has a whole GSG-5 section. ;)

Solidsnake87
03-17-2008, 8:22 PM
Didn't you get the memo? It's been determined that speaking negatively against airsoft and the GSG-5 is unpatriotic, anti-2A, zumboist propaganda and unsupportive of US servicemen.

lol. You made my evening sir.

Infidel
03-17-2008, 10:29 PM

Dude! You need to know the law. Folding stock is illegal in the pictured configuration above!

Read here..

First of all my question wasn't is this configuration legal. It was what accessories fit on the GSG, and where is the best place to buy them. It can be so annoying when people on here have nothing constructive to say. It seems like every post some A__hole has to say, hey dumb***** thats not legal! My question had nothing to do with the law. I didn't ask hey is this legal, or hey Fatoncoke what is your opinion on this, or do you like the GSG. I would never buy a part for a firearm without first researching it and making sure its legal. It would be nice to actually get some positive feedback or have a question answered without having to hear 3 people every post giving their opinion or speaking in a condescending tone saying "Don't you know the Law?! If you see a post and you absolutely have to chime in with your opinion why can't you do so without the patronizing, condescending over tones!?

I'm sorry if this post offends anyone, but being in and around law enforcement my whole life has contributed to my interest in firearms, and it would be nice to have somewhere to go to do nothing but talk about guns with people who don't have a superiority complex. Its just so frustrating when every forum and every gun shop you walk into has a bunch of condescending know it all people that treat you like a complete idiot when you ask a question.

Lastly, I would like to qualify that the percentage of people that do this on Calguns is very low, having said all that to say this. Please, if you don't have a constructive answer or you can't give an opinion without being condescending, patronizing, or putting a ! at the end of your sentence don't say anything at all.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question.

Bowser
03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Well you did say in the OP that you were interested in the PDW folding stock, which in this case would indeed make it illegal.

s2000news
03-17-2008, 10:59 PM
First of all my question wasn't is this configuration legal. It was what accessories fit on the GSG, and where is the best place to buy them. It can be so annoying when people on here have nothing constructive to say. It seems like every post some A__hole has to say, hey dumb***** thats not legal! My question had nothing to do with the law. I didn't ask hey is this legal, or hey Fatoncoke what is your opinion on this, or do you like the GSG. I would never buy a part for a firearm without first researching it and making sure its legal. It would be nice to actually get some positive feedback or have a question answered without having to hear 3 people every post giving their opinion or speaking in a condescending tone saying "Don't you know the Law?! If you see a post and you absolutely have to chime in with your opinion why can't you do so without the patronizing, condescending over tones!?

I'm sorry if this post offends anyone, but being in and around law enforcement my whole life has contributed to my interest in firearms, and it would be nice to have somewhere to go to do nothing but talk about guns with people who don't have a superiority complex. Its just so frustrating when every forum and every gun shop you walk into has a bunch of condescending know it all people that treat you like a complete idiot when you ask a question.

Lastly, I would like to qualify that the percentage of people that do this on Calguns is very low, having said all that to say this. Please, if you don't have a constructive answer or you can't give an opinion without being condescending, patronizing, or putting a ! at the end of your sentence don't say anything at all.

DUDE!!! That mag isn't legal. Seems to hold more than 10 rounds! :D

I agree. Alot of people get shot down quickly with statements that don't apply to the question at hand.

Infidel
03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks S2000 now I'm gonna have to shoot your bike up with my 22rd illegal GSG...LOL

Hispeed1
03-18-2008, 9:45 AM
That is mostly likely the Classic Army KAC style RAS system. Note that ALL rail devices require heavy modification to fit the GSG-5. Please use the search. All of your questions have been answered in one of my many threads!

FYI-that particular replica Knights Armament MP-5 RAS is made by G&P. The one made by Classic Army is similar but with no laser engraved trademarks.

sanddragon2004
04-08-2008, 1:09 PM

Thats why i buy everything online and only go into the stores when I must.

Plus i found a handfull of really helpful nice folks with ffls in san jose that are not AZZhats. shop owners take notes.

Guns4Fun
05-08-2008, 4:18 PM
Good thread, I now see how many people out there are clueless about airsoft and about the GSG-5. I own several high end airsoft guns and they are far from..what was the word "chintsy". Yes there are cheap airsoft guns out there that are crap. The good brands like Classic Army and such are made from metal and can't be distinguished from a real firearm even by professionals who work with them every day.

As for the GSG-5, it's sturdy and has no wobbles. Not chintsy at all. Also, it shoots incredibly accurate and functions very well. Good advice is don't drop your two cents of info in on a topic if you don't have any experience with the things being talked about.

elSquid
05-08-2008, 4:38 PM
The good brands like Classic Army and such are made from metal and can't be distinguished from a real firearm even by professionals who work with them every day.

That might be hyperbole. Maybe at 10 feet, but once you pick it up it's pretty clear. I can't claim to be a professional, but I've shot various real MP5s and have handled some nice airsoft replicas. The replicas are very good, but they aren't _that_ good.

-- Michael

X-NewYawker
05-08-2008, 4:59 PM
I have one of these ordered but I hear the don't have ten round mags yet (which are needed to deliver it to L.A.

Shane916
05-08-2008, 5:42 PM
I have one of these ordered but I hear the don't have ten round mags yet (which are needed to deliver it to the State of California

Corrected it for you :)

Actually as a citizen you can have the magazine disassembled and modify it to only accept 10 rounds.

aplinker
05-08-2008, 7:10 PM
I've yet to handle an airsoft I couldn't tell the difference from the real thing. Sure, they might look and even appear to be similar, but there's always a tell in quality.

Sorry to rain on your airsoft parade.

The GSG-5 feels like chintsy airsoft. I'm just not a fan. I've owned MP5 clones (only thing different is the receiver manuf. and lack of auto sear) and shot true HK MP5s. The GSG-5 doesn't feel like an MP5. Nor does any airsoft rifle I've ever handled.

Good thread, I now see how many people out there are clueless about airsoft and about the GSG-5. I own several high end airsoft guns and they are far from..what was the word "chintsy". Yes there are cheap airsoft guns out there that are crap. The good brands like Classic Army and such are made from metal and can't be distinguished from a real firearm even by professionals who work with them every day.

As for the GSG-5, it's sturdy and has no wobbles. Not chintsy at all. Also, it shoots incredibly accurate and functions very well. Good advice is don't drop your two cents of info in on a topic if you don't have any experience with the things being talked about.

digiblue74
09-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Can GSG-5 still shoot when foldable stock still in fold position?

digiblue74
09-16-2008, 11:23 PM

Dragon
09-16-2008, 11:37 PM
How many dealers in Orange county would sell the GSG 5 ?

Whats the going price ?

Is it made well ,shoot well,and as fare as a 22 goes is it reliable ?

I'm thinking of getting one , but I don't want a piece of crap . Since its made in Germany i would think it was made well. any info would be great .thanks.

DedEye
09-17-2008, 1:46 AM
I've yet to handle an airsoft I couldn't tell the difference from the real thing. Sure, they might look and even appear to be similar, but there's always a tell in quality.

Sorry to rain on your airsoft parade.

The GSG-5 feels like chintsy airsoft. I'm just not a fan. I've owned MP5 clones (only thing different is the receiver manuf. and lack of auto sear) and shot true HK MP5s. The GSG-5 doesn't feel like an MP5. Nor does any airsoft rifle I've ever handled.

I've never shot the GSG5 but have handled a few. Heck, I even like the GSG5, but I can still tell the difference between a GSG5 and a real MP5.

Any gun that is designed to clone the look and functionality of another should allow you to actually use that functionality. Specifically, I'm referring to the fact that you are advised against performing the "HK Slap" to release the bolt on the GSG5. Supposedly, since the receiver is aluminum and not steel, allowing the bolt to slam forward will cause peening.

None of the obvious drawbacks, nor the fact that there are arguably superior alternatives like dedicated AR22s, prevents me from wanting to own a GSG5 as well :).

emc002
09-17-2008, 9:22 AM

There are no folding stocks out there that I'm aware of that will keep the GSG-5 with the minimum OAL of 26". So you shouldn't even have a folding stock on one (unless you're not in CA).

If you're referring to collapsible stocks that even when closed have a 26" OAL, then yes, the GSG-5 will fire with it fully collapsed, but you have to do a little dremel work on the stock to allow the firing pin to retract fully. There's a little useless nub inside the buttstock that can interfere when fully collapsed.

reg290
01-10-2009, 9:32 AM
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq286/reg290/IMG_0160.jpg
:43:

offrdmania
01-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Holy thread resurection but I do love the wood.

ck867
01-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Holy thread resurection but I do love the wood.

you like wood? :p

technique
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
you like wood? :p

he LOVES wood.:D

Shane916
01-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Note to self: Males in Turlock love wood.

offrdmania
01-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Comedians we have on here. Clarification, I love Mp5 wood furniture

ck867
01-10-2009, 2:38 PM
Comedians we have on here. Clarification, I love Mp5 wood furniture

oh ok :D

BroncoBob
01-10-2009, 3:14 PM
Nice wood