PDA

View Full Version : PPSH 41 Group Buy Complete firearm

Allied Armament
03-17-2008, 10:24 AM
PPSH 41 GROUP BUY

This is restricted to CAL GUN MEMBERS ONLY Group buy is for a limited quantity of California Legal PPSH 41’s, which include two 10 round magazines, 1 guncase, manual, and a two year warranty. This is a limited offer, we are only allowing 30 guns total for this group buy. Group buy ends in exactly 7 days (no moved to 9): Terms of purchase see last paragraph, note debit/credit card fees are included in price. Note: all guns come with our new striker II system. More information http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/ppsh41.html

Prices are as follow: Shipping and handling is an additional $35

Retail $895 Retail price
5 members on group buy: $860
10 members on group buy: $830
20 members on group buy: $795
30 members on group buy: $775

Information about the guns:
Manufactured by: Allied Armament Inc.
Original MFG: Poland
Operation: Direct blow back striker fired.
Caliber: 7.62x25
Barrel length: 16.25” chrome lined 10” original 6.25” turned down extension pressed and welded.
Magazine Capacity: 10 rounds will accept original mags if purchased legally before 1994

Terms:
Group buy starts at 11am 3/17/08:
Group buy ends at 12am 3/24/08: Extended until close of Friday
Members must vouch by post to be included in group buy within the thread.
Price is determined by payments and not by members claiming to be on board. I.E. people who create accounts just to add another purchaser.
Payment is to be received within two days of group buys end and must be paid by debit/credit card for the tier amount above actual purchase tier. Payments after 12am 3/26/08 will not be accepted. When all payments are settled actual purchase price is determined, any overpayments will be refunded electronically to your debit/credit card. Shipping is additional and is a flat rate of $35.

Recipients are responsible to find a transfer dealer, and notifying Allied Armament Inc. of where the product is to be shipped.

To Finalize Order Call: 503-543-5154 or 503-543-5162

All orders will be shipped within 2 weeks of payment.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you,

James Malarkey President

Allied Armament www.alliedarmament.com

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/shadyirishmen/Calegal.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/shadyirishmen/Dualingppshscopy-1.jpg

darkest2000
03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
You had a picture of a model (prototype?) with the original length barrel shroud, will you be offering a model like that? If so I'm very interested.

I think the extended barrel shroud just looks odd, but that's just me.

Allied Armament
03-17-2008, 2:38 PM
We can offer both configurations, but at this time we only have long shrouds in stock so it may take longer to manufacture the short shroud with extended barrel.

mymonkeyman
03-17-2008, 2:57 PM
I'm in. Will you also sell additional 10 round mags? If so for how much?

darkest2000
03-17-2008, 3:00 PM
We can offer both configurations, but at this time we only have long shrouds in stock so it may take longer to manufacture the short shroud with extended barrel.

I'm definitely in for a short barrel shroud version, can I still take advantage of the group buy if this is the case?

Allied Armament
03-17-2008, 4:32 PM
Yes will sell extra mags for $20 a piece. The short shroud will be fine for this buy, but just note that it will take an additional 2-3 weeks to produce.

Thanks guys for joining in, only three more to go to get the next level of pricing.

Allied Armament
03-18-2008, 9:47 AM
Bump

saki302
03-18-2008, 2:14 PM
Aww heck- count me in for one :D
I've been staring at these for awhile now.

Long shroud for me please!

-Dave

USP4me
03-18-2008, 8:11 PM
Can you post a large, clear pic of the short shroud version?

Allied Armament
03-18-2008, 8:16 PM
Yes, I can put one up probably tomorrow or Thursday. We have one on the shelf right now that someone custom ordered.

FEDUPWBS
03-18-2008, 8:21 PM
ALRIGHT ILL TAKE 1 AT THE 30 PERSON PRICING LEVEL. If it gets there. With the short shroud pending pics.

mymonkeyman
03-19-2008, 8:40 AM
Just in case anyone is on the fence about this, remember that surplus 7.62x25 ammo can be gotten for ~$153 for 1224 rounds shipped (from aim surplus) for a price per round of 12 and half cents. This beats anything other than .22 and reloading, so this gun will quickly begin to pay for itself.

Allied Armament
03-19-2008, 9:15 AM
It is by far some of the cheapest ammunition on the market, and very powerful. The best part is we've tested the guns with just about every type of surplus we could get our hands on and it all works great.

Allied Armament
03-19-2008, 9:18 AM
I'm going to bump the pricing for this group buy to the ten person tier: The price no matter what will be below $830. If we get 10 more people all drop it to $795 and so on.

Fate
03-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm on the fence. Sell me on why I should buy an Allied Armament version versus a MGS/Wiselite one? And please tell us some of where you get your barrels. I know there have been some reports of a handful of bad ones from Wiselite.

I too would like to see pics of the "anteater" version :1eye:

xtalpimp
03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Hmm... Put me down for one with the long shroud and please find one for me without the number 4 in the serial number.

darkest2000
03-19-2008, 2:13 PM
Yes will sell extra mags for $20 a piece. The short shroud will be fine for this buy, but just note that it will take an additional 2-3 weeks to produce.

Great, count me in for one.

USP4me
03-19-2008, 4:46 PM
Will these be shipped to the dealer of our choice?

FEDUPWBS
03-19-2008, 4:59 PM
Hmm... Put me down for one with the long shroud and please find one for me without the number 4 in the serial number.

WTF? Are you Chinese?

thefifthspeed
03-19-2008, 5:20 PM
WTF? Are you Chinese?

lmao, it makes sense though....4 death...guns...

xtalpimp
03-19-2008, 5:55 PM
WTF? Are you Chinese?

WTF is it to you what I want and why?

FEDUPWBS
03-19-2008, 5:59 PM
WTF is it to you what I want and why?

WOW, was a joke as the Chinese are deep believers in numeroligy. No offense meant. Buy whatever you want. Have a nice day:).

xtalpimp
03-19-2008, 6:13 PM
WOW, was a joke as the Chinese are deep believers in numeroligy. No offense meant. Buy whatever you want. Have a nice day:).

It's all cool and the gang. No harm no foul;)

Fate
03-20-2008, 9:29 AM
Where are the pics of the short shroud???

:useless:

;)

Someguy925
03-20-2008, 10:12 AM
mmm I would be interested in see a pic of the short shroud with extended barrel as well. I'm on the fence :D

USP4me
03-20-2008, 5:39 PM
I too am still waiting for pics. In doing a cursory internet search, I found out that the AA version uses a striker as opposed to an AR15 fire control group as used by WiseLite. Also, AA requires a pin be pushed out for disassembly where the WiseLite version uses the original rear latch. Can anyone, especially AA, comment on the pros and cons of these designs?

Allied Armament
03-20-2008, 8:15 PM
Sorry, I was out of the office all day yesterday. I'll get pics up first thing in the morning. As for the differences between our guns and wiselites here they are.

Allied Armament: Military Gun Supply

Parts Kit: Polish MFG / Polish MFG
Firing System: Striker / Hammer
Barrel: Original Chrome lined Extended / New mfg non lined
Receiver: Two Piece Stamping Seem Welded / One Piece
Latching System: Disabled for Safety / Still operable
Finish: Black/Dark Grey / Dark Blued

Benefits of an Allied gun: Striker fired has been largely reliable, still a lot of buzz about problems with the hammer fired. We have even updated our striker system to the new striker II system that is 30x better than the old system. Our one piece receiver is welded on a jig that is within .002 tolerence so there is warping down the length of the receiver. Our gun runs a chrome lined barrel that will handle the corrosive ammo "quite well," and will probably never need replacement. The phosphate parkerizing is stronger than a bluing and our guns come with a 2 year warranty instead of a single year warranty and come with 2 mags instead of one.

USP4me
03-21-2008, 8:41 AM
Thanks a lot for the explanation. If your product were available with a blued finish, I'd take one with the short shroud

Someguy925
03-21-2008, 9:05 AM
I was poking around the internet as well. I found this picture here,

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/ppsh41_009_op_800x408.jpg

from this thread on AK files Forums, http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31697

Allied Armament
03-21-2008, 9:14 AM
Heres a parkerized picture its not that great, but shows a couple of the guns:Note the hood is not installed on the gun with extended barrel (just in this photo) they come with them.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/shadyirishmen/DSC00661.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/shadyirishmen/DSC00568.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/shadyirishmen/DSC00566.jpg

Fate
03-21-2008, 2:51 PM
I'm really liking the short shroud. A few more questions:

Is the barrel attached to the muzzle end of the shroud or is it just floating?
What kind of accuracy are you getting?
You mention your barrel is original chromed that's been extended...is it a rifled extention or just a tube?
What's the process to break it open and clean? Tell me more about the "pin".

Thanks! You've just about sold me.

Allied Armament
03-21-2008, 5:23 PM
The barrel is tack welded to the muzzle end of the receiver, just litely.
As for accuracy, i've never shot paper targets but I have shot 75 yards out and easily hit any target i'm aiming at. The extension on the barrel is just a tube. In order to open the gun for cleaning, you punch out the retaining pin in the trunion and the receiver pulls forward, very easy, but does require a punch and small hammer to open.

USP4me
03-21-2008, 5:26 PM
Can they be had without the barrel tack welded? Did originals break down for cleaning the same way yours does? Sorry for all the questions but I'm very intrigued by this rifle.

Allied Armament
03-22-2008, 1:42 PM
The short receivers come from IO and the barrel is tacked. The cleaning of the original was done by pushing the rear receiver latch forward and then lifting the receiver up as it would pivet on the trunion.

snobordr
03-23-2008, 1:10 AM
Damn, if you took my CC, I would be in on this.... gonna go see if I can rob Peter for a couple of week!

darkest2000
03-23-2008, 2:16 AM
What's the difference between the IO receiver and the AA receiver other than the obvious barrel shroud length? I've heard some poor reviews about the IO PPSH41 (SR-41) and now I'm not so sure if I want the short barrel shroud version anymore.

Will you be making a new short barrel shroud receiver in house eventually or is the IO receiver version the only option? I really want a short shroud version but I would prefer something that wasn't built on a IO receiver...

The short receivers come from IO and the barrel is tacked. The cleaning of the original was done by pushing the rear receiver latch forward and then lifting the receiver up as it would pivet on the trunion.

Fate
03-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Found some more pics of the AA build online:

Internals/striker system (disregard the 9mm conversion of the mag/magwell)
http://i32.tinypic.com/f3wewn.jpg

Cocked
http://i30.tinypic.com/ebdija.jpg

After fired
http://i26.tinypic.com/2s0guv9.jpg

And one of a SR41 from InterOrd:
http://i27.tinypic.com/aww83l.jpg

**I would hope that AA has the IO/shortshroud version running pretty well too. The last pic with the minimum length barrel extention looks REALLY good!

Allied Armament
03-23-2008, 1:29 PM
Were taking credit cards on this buy and not charging cc fees, so if you want to use a cc your more than welcome to with no penalties from us. Anyway, the IO SR41 receiver is fine, its straight, it was the operating system that they had problems with. If I can get a chance by tomorrow I will put pictures up of our new striker system. Way better for longevity than our old one, actually so far its proved a 100% reliable.

saki302
03-23-2008, 2:02 PM
Aww crap- I think I'm starting to like the short shroud version after seeing it more.

Is there any functional disadvantage to the short shroud model?

I may have to change my order :D

-Dave

Someguy925
03-23-2008, 2:23 PM
it seems like the shroud is a lot shorter but the barrel length stays the same.

Fate
03-23-2008, 2:41 PM
it seems like the shroud is a lot shorter but the barrel length stays the same.
Correct. Otherwise it would be a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) and generally not CA legal.

Allied Armament
03-23-2008, 5:28 PM
Correct have to stay away from the sbr's.

snobordr
03-23-2008, 5:58 PM
I am so in.

Oh, short shroud, gotta love that look (since we HAVE to go long on the barrel!)

Fate
03-23-2008, 9:53 PM
Looking closely at the last pic I posted and the one I'm adding below of the IO short-shroud version, I noticed they're missing the sling attachment point on the shroud. Are you adding those at the same time you put on the sight hood?

http://i32.tinypic.com/2cghtw3.jpg

I'm 98% of the way to jumping in. With me and the other 4 people on the fence, we have NINE. Add one more and we get another price break :43:

Someguy925
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
PPSH-41 Short Shroud , I'm in.

Fate
03-23-2008, 11:08 PM
I'll also confirm that I'm IN for a short shroud version. That's SIX confirmed with 3 expressing interest but not yet committing. Come on guys, commit!...we're close to make it to the next level! :punk:

However, I still would like info about the sling attachment point question. Please? :flowers:

saki302
03-24-2008, 3:26 AM
I am still committed.. but committed short shroud :D

Do we call in today? (Monday)

-Dave

USP4me
03-24-2008, 7:03 AM
Can we get one with the barrel not tack welded to the short shroud? Maybe contact IO directly and make this request?

Fate
03-24-2008, 9:54 AM
Can we get one with the barrel not tack welded to the short shroud? Maybe contact IO directly and make this request?
Yeah that'd be nice. I hope to eventually relocate and do the Fed tax stamp then modify it to go SBR. Not having the barrel tacked/welded would help. (Though I fear these upper receivers/shrouds/barrels were done some time ago and there aren't un-tacked ones around.)

And a huge thanks to James for doing this group buy and being flexible and patient with we, the often fickle, consumers. :hurray:

Allied Armament
03-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Exactly as bdgfate said, the short shrouds were done some time ago so they will still be tacked to the shroud but its not major, anyone with a little bit of time can remove the tack. Also we will install the hoods and sling attachments to the IO receivers.

Here is the current list: we need 2 more people to get the pricing down to $795

Mymonkeyman 1
Darkest2000 1 short shroud
Saki302 1 short shroud
FEDUPWBS 1 short shroud
Xtalpimp 1 without the number 4 in the serial number
Snobordr 1 short shroud
Someguy925 1 short shroud
BDGfate 1 short shroud

Also remember that the short shroud guns will take a few weeks extra to be shipped as we have to assemble them still. The long shrouds are ready to go.

I am keeping the group buy open an extra day, as my office is short staffed today as my secretary is out for a funeral.

Thank you everyone,

James Malarkey

www.alliedarmament.com

Fate
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks James. Cool that the sling attachments will be added. Funny how that little detail was bugging me. Haha. Now if only the short shroud versions were blued and it'd be perfect. :D

Sorry to hear about your secretary's loss, but an extra day is good. Lots of people were out over the weekend. Hope we can snag a few more guys.

So what's the next step?

Allied Armament
03-24-2008, 11:07 AM
The secretary's loss was pretty tragic, I was suprised that she still wanted to work for me... Since the incident involved a shooting :(

Anyway, anyone who is on the group buy and wants to get paid up can call in today.

503-543-5154

But poor little Ryan is working his a*S off all alone, so if you call give him craP :p

SouthbySouthwest
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm in for one. Will call with payment info.
Thanks
SXSW

USP4me
03-24-2008, 12:25 PM
. . . the short shrouds were done some time ago so they will still be tacked to the shroud but its not major, anyone with a little bit of time can remove the tack

I don't have the means to remove the tack, tool wise. Can you remove the tack prior to shipment?

Allied Armament
03-24-2008, 12:58 PM
No but any gun smith who has basic tools can do it. See I know most the rules in California but i'm assuming that IO tacked the barrels for some unknown reason and i'd rather let someone a little more knowledgable about CA laws do the mods.

Thanks jm

Fate
03-25-2008, 9:02 AM
Don't tell me we're going to stall at nine! Nooooooo!!!! :willy_nilly:

Allied Armament
03-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Here is the current list: Since we are only 1 person away from the the $775 pricing, I am just going to bump it into that price level.

Mymonkeyman 1
Saki302 1 short shroud
FEDUPWBS 1 short shroud
Snobordr 1 short shroud
BDGfate 1 short shroud
Southbysouthwest

To pay you have until Friday, if you were not on the group buy or did not see it, pm me and we will allow you to join in at the rock bottom price, as you may have not have seen this in time, and we will get you taken care of.

Please make sure that when you pay you give your screen name so I can follow up on this thread for who's made payment and who has not
Delivery is 4-6 weeks for the guns accessories should be within the next week. After Friday we will not accept anymore payments

TO FINALIZE YOUR ORDER CALL
Phone: 503-543-5154
Phone: 503-543-5162
Fax: 503-543-3324

Questions email: allied004@centurytel.net

Thank you,

James Malarkey

USP4me
03-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Sorry to leave you guys hanging but I really want a blued short shroud version with an untacked barrel.

Someguy925
03-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Made my call just now, they said 4-6 weeks @_@. Now it's time for the waiting game.

Allied Armament
03-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Heres something for those of you that are sitting on the wire, there is a comprehensive review with links to multiple reviews! It should really help your secure your purchasing decision; http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=240161

Fate
03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow James, you should've posted that link earlier! Very good info and excellent pics.

Also found this one linked inside the article you posted: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841832

and another: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268776&highlight=ppsh

Allied Armament
03-25-2008, 3:23 PM
I know its really good and I just found it today as I think it was written yesterday... :chris:

SouthbySouthwest
03-25-2008, 5:37 PM
OK, I'm paid in full with AA and ammo has been ordered!

mymonkeyman
03-25-2008, 6:28 PM
Order for 1 long shroud PPSH-41 & 2 extra 10 round magazines submitted today by phone.

Bucc
03-25-2008, 8:10 PM
You guys need to NOT RUN TWO GROUP BUYS AT ONCE!

Addax
03-25-2008, 9:33 PM
PM Sent, I jumped on the group buy late, sorry, just been busy working on getting my new business up and running.

Thanks for the great opportunity James.

Regards,
Chris

Here is the current list: Since we are only 1 person away from the the $775 pricing, I am just going to bump it into that price level.

Mymonkeyman 1
Saki302 1 short shroud
FEDUPWBS 1 short shroud
Snobordr 1 short shroud
BDGfate 1 short shroud
Southbysouthwest

To pay you have until Friday, if you were not on the group buy or did not see it, pm me and we will allow you to join in at the rock bottom price, as you may have not have seen this in time, and we will get you taken care of.

Please make sure that when you pay you give your screen name so I can follow up on this thread for who's made payment and who has not
Delivery is 4-6 weeks for the guns accessories should be within the next week. After Friday we will not accept anymore payments

TO FINALIZE YOUR ORDER CALL
Phone: 503-543-5154
Phone: 503-543-5162
Fax: 503-543-3324

Questions email: allied004@centurytel.net

Thank you,

James Malarkey

Allied Armament
03-26-2008, 7:21 AM
I thank you all for joining in. The ppsh gen II strikers just got finished yesterday, so these are gonna be some awesome rifles.

USP4me
03-26-2008, 8:46 AM
If you offer short shroud blued ones in the future with barrels untacked, I'll be first in line

Fate
03-26-2008, 8:53 AM
I thank you all for joining in. The ppsh gen II strikers just got finished yesterday, so these are gonna be some awesome rifles.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/HPM/SM1583~Cartman-Sweet-Posters.jpg

darkest2000
03-26-2008, 4:15 PM
Just wanna confirm on the thread that I've paid in full via CC, Ryan was very helpful.

Allied Armament
03-27-2008, 6:33 AM
Hey had a few people call my cellular last night thinking that they couldn't get on the buy. Just remember i'm leaving the price available until we close Friday.

JM

SunriseF150
03-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok so I couldn't pass up this deal either. Just got off the phone and paid for mine. AA got me for a 1919 and PPSH. Damn 2 group buys going on at the same time.

mymonkeyman
03-27-2008, 7:17 PM
So what is the current estimate on shipping these (long shroud and/or short shroud)?

Allied Armament
03-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Were looking at 2 weeks to 4 max. We have two guys that just build and test these all day so it should go fast. BTW last day to order. Thank you all for making this a very successful sale.

gunrun45
04-01-2008, 3:29 PM
DAMB!!!
I missed this.
I would have bought one too...
Any chance on gettin in on this still?

SunriseF150
04-03-2008, 1:42 PM
Just got a call. Looks like mine is shipping out :party:

Someguy925
04-07-2008, 1:19 PM
i hope mine ships out soon. Going to Burro in a few weeks.

USP4me
04-08-2008, 7:14 AM
Mr. Malarkey, I really hope you offer a short shroud/untacked barrel blued version in the future. I'll be first in line and probably would buy more than one.

mymonkeyman
04-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Well it's been a couple of weeks, at least one person says there's has shipped. What's the status on the rest?

Allied Armament
04-10-2008, 7:18 AM
Still have about 1 week left before the first orders go out the door, we just finished making 40 ten round mags so we'll have some extras. Anyway, just a little bit longer.

JM

SunriseF150
04-10-2008, 9:16 AM
Yeah I'm now not sure if it was my PPSH that shipped, it might have been the 191 that shipped out. They didn't specify. And I just assuemed since in the 1919 thread they said it would take 4-6 weeks. But someone already receiverd their 1919, so that might have been what shipped out.

Allied Armament
04-16-2008, 9:49 PM
Good news PPSHs will almost all be done by Monday Tuesday of Next week. Short shroud guns will still be another week or two. PLEASE DO NOT CALL TO CHECK ON YOUR ORDER STATUS ON THE PPSH'S, AS NONE HAVE SHIPPED YET. Wait until Wednesday of next week and will give you an arrival time.

Fate
04-22-2008, 8:45 AM
Bump for possible update? It's hard to be patient when you feel like a kid waiting for Santa! :santa:

mymonkeyman
04-23-2008, 9:08 AM
It's Wednesday! Is my PPSH ready?

Someguy925
04-23-2008, 9:42 AM
I think the wait will be much worse when you do the 10 day thing. :D

Fate
04-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I think the wait will be much worse when you do the 10 day thing. :DDROS early! I'm planning on doing mine sometime this week.

Allied Armament
04-23-2008, 5:16 PM
All long shroud ppsh's will be shipped monday 4/28/08 . Short shrouds should go out one week following. :chris:

SouthbySouthwest
04-23-2008, 7:06 PM
DROS early! I'm planning on doing mine sometime this week.

I've already started mine, with the 10 day being up on the 28th. :D

mymonkeyman
04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Can you confirm my PPSH has shipped today?

Someguy925
04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I'd probably try calling them and see.

Allied Armament
04-29-2008, 8:56 PM
We shipped some ppsh's out today and more will be going out over the next two days by Friday they will all be shipped (except short shroud guns).

JM

Someguy925
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Any news on short shrouds?

Fate
05-06-2008, 6:29 PM
Bump for updates on the Short Shrouds. Any of the longshroud guys seen theirs yet or are they still en route?

SouthbySouthwest
05-06-2008, 6:57 PM
Bump for updates on the Short Shrouds. Any of the longshroud guys seen theirs yet or are they still en route?

Mine was shipped out last Wed and I actually brought it home today. It looks very good on fit and finish. The only drawback is the markings on the gun are VERY light and hard to see. I'm not sure how it meets ATF guidelines on stamping depth of the lettering. Also it is marked PPNJ41 on the receiver and not PPSH41. I guess the "NJ" is for Nathan Jones, one of AA builders.

The other noted errors were in the loose leaf manual that uses "PPSH41" on one page and then "PPNJ41" on another page, that and the title page of manual says 7.62x54:confused:

SouthbySouthwest
05-06-2008, 7:02 PM
Here is the current list: Since we are only 1 person away from the the $775 pricing, I am just going to bump it into that price level.......Thank you,

James Malarkey

Also my receipt still shows $795 and not $775. Has anyone gotten the $20 credit to their CC on this yet?

Fate
05-06-2008, 9:07 PM
Also my receipt still shows $795 and not $775. Has anyone gotten the $20 credit to their CC on this yet?
Price was $775 plus $35 shipping when it closed.

I paid $865 by MO (the $830 price plus $35 shipping) and got a check for $55 back just today. No rifle yet, but I'm on the short shroud list.

Someguy925
05-06-2008, 9:23 PM
my card was charged 775 plus the 35.

Got any pics south?

Allied Armament
05-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Call in and let sheena know about the overage 503-543-5154. Got any pics??? Also the depth for engraving by the batfe only has to be .03 ours is .05

SouthbySouthwest
05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Call in and let sheena know about the overage 503-543-5154. Got any pics??? Also the depth for engraving by the batfe only has to be .03 ours is .05

On the refund, Sheena sent me an email saying it was all taken care of this afternoon, thank you for the fast response.

Now on the stamping, the sn on the trigger guard is very deep and clear (original markings) but the AA stamping is very, very light. I sent two pictures to your allied004 email address for your review. Pictures were taken in direct sun with lots of maginification to pull out the area. Because of this, one is actually able to see the marks better in the pictures sent than one can viewing the rifle directly. Even so, the pictures do show how faint it is in some areas.

SouthbySouthwest
05-07-2008, 1:11 PM
...Got any pics south?

Here are a couple

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5071601.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5071602.jpg

Fate
05-07-2008, 1:34 PM
Looks pretty nice SouthbySouthwest. As long as the Mfr. stamps meet BATFE regs, I'll take them as faint as I can ;)

Someguy925
05-07-2008, 1:34 PM
mmm that looks pretty.

For the people who got their long shrouds, did you guys get a call or notice from AA?

Updates on the short shrouds?

Someguy925
05-09-2008, 2:10 PM
bump

quagmiles
05-10-2008, 11:09 PM
A day late and a dollar short

duenor
05-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Might we have a few disassembly pics?

Fate
05-12-2008, 10:20 AM
SouthbySouthwest, got any interior shots of the Striker II assembly? Would love to see what they did. How about a range report?

And I'd love to get an update on the status of the short shroud guns. Any likelihood they'll ship this week? Next? Before 2009? :D

Someguy925
05-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Hopefully soon, I like to DROS that along with my OLL receiver I just ordered too.

I just called, they told me another week. *knock on wood*

darkest2000
05-12-2008, 1:00 PM
I guess I won't be getting mine after all, they screwed up my order somehow and there's no record of any orders placed by me...

At this point I think I rather buy something else than to wait another 4 to 6 weeks. Maybe a used one will pop up here in the future then I'd be able to get one.

Someguy925
05-12-2008, 1:11 PM
Nothing on your credit card bill as well for it?

That sucks.

Allied Armament
05-13-2008, 5:46 PM
PPSH GUYS you'll be glad to know the last of the long shroud guns will be out by tomorrow, some hadn't shipped. Shorty's are going to be next.

totenkopf
05-14-2008, 7:41 AM
any range reports yet?

Someguy925
05-14-2008, 7:49 AM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=240161

AA posted this a while back.

Allied Armament
05-14-2008, 8:05 AM
That review is of an old model with old striker...!

Someguy925
05-14-2008, 8:12 AM
ahhhh @_@ whoops

AA: do you have anymore 10 round mags? I'm looking to order two more.

Fate
05-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Man this wait is killing me! :wacko:

SouthbySouthwest
05-14-2008, 1:13 PM
SouthbySouthwest, got any interior shots of the Striker II assembly? Would love to see what they did. How about a range report?

And I'd love to get an update on the status of the short shroud guns. Any likelihood they'll ship this week? Next? Before 2009? :D

No joy on the range report yet. Can you believe that the wife asked to go to the range on Mother's day and declined?:banghead:

Yeah, I know.

Here are a few pics of the gun's breakdown.

Basically a brass drift pin punch or even a wooden dowel will do the job. The hinge pin is a slotted pin pressed inside another pin. So one just pushes out the slotted pin first, then you flip the gun over and push out the outer pin. The rifle will fall apart at this point.

Further disassembly of removing the trigger housing from the stock can be down with a screw driver, but I didn't do it here.

The following links will show what I am talking about and it will
also show the internal striker assembly as well.

Enjoy

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141603.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141604.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141605.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141606.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141607.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141608.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141609.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141610.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5141611.jpg

Someguy925
05-14-2008, 2:00 PM
Great pictures. It looks like it'll be quite easy to take apart and clean when we all run surplus ammo through our PPSHs.

Fate
05-19-2008, 9:41 AM
Dear Magic 8-ball. Will this be the week the short shrouds ship? :D

Allied Armament
05-19-2008, 3:55 PM
Short shrouds are about 1.5 weeks out. My ppsh guys are working long hours. Lots of guns shipped last week.

Allied Armament
05-19-2008, 3:56 PM
Yes, but they are $40 a piece you can get them through us or atlantic firearms.

ahhhh @_@ whoops

AA: do you have anymore 10 round mags? I'm looking to order two more.

Vladimir
05-20-2008, 7:47 PM
So... is this picture of it with a 10 round clip? do you happen to have one with a 10 rounder in it?
-Thanks

Hunter
05-21-2008, 7:00 AM
So... is this picture of it with a 10 round clip? do you happen to have one with a 10 rounder in it?
-Thanks

The 10 rnd magazine is shown here.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/sbsw/P5071601.jpg

Vladimir
05-21-2008, 8:04 PM
Doesnt look bad at all w/o the drum clip, im sure ill eventually get one. Thanks for the post mate.

Someguy925
05-23-2008, 9:23 AM
How is the progress on the short shrouds? Will we see them starting to ship out by the end of next week?

Allied Armament
05-27-2008, 1:02 PM
The short shrouds are in assembly right now they should be done shortly hopefully by the end of the week, we are doing a couple extra if anyone is interested.

MadRiverArms
05-27-2008, 10:12 PM
AA what is the price now for the short shroud version?

-G

duenor
05-31-2008, 8:58 AM
How has the shooting been on these rifles?

Someguy925
05-31-2008, 10:31 AM
No idea, I haven't received mine yet. I will put up a range report hopefully the same week I get it.

Vladimir
05-31-2008, 1:32 PM
So is there still slots for people to buy some PPSH's? Im thinking about getting one...

USP4me
06-01-2008, 7:51 AM
As soon as they offer a short shroud blued version where the barrel isn't tack-welded to the shroud, I'll be first in line.

Allied Armament
06-02-2008, 8:25 AM
The current price for a short shroud long barrel is $900

I will only have three extras.

AA what is the price now for the short shroud version?

-G

Vladimir
06-02-2008, 5:23 PM
Is there still room for any more people? im interested in getting a long barrel one

-Thanks

Fate
06-03-2008, 8:26 AM
Ten weeks since the group buy ended, still waiting for my short shroud version. :gene: Feels a lot like my experience waiting for the SR-41 from IO way back when. Ugh.

Someguy925
06-03-2008, 8:46 AM
In the end, I think it'll be worth it. The reviews sound really encouraging. Who needs a OLL when you got a PPSH.

Fate
06-03-2008, 9:42 AM
I know, I know. It's just hard to keep "up" when it keeps dragging on...and on...and on. That's what happened with the SR-41s. All the buildup...then postponement after postponement until I finally gave up. I'm not giving up this time, but it's not been easy.

Some actual range reports from the group buy guys that have theirs would help immensely.

So would a real schedule for delivery that actually gets met. It's far better to tell a client, it's going to be 10 weeks and deliver on time (or even better, EARLY) than "it'll be 4 weeks" then "we're almost done...next week for sure" then "going to be another week", etc. The first method makes you look like a champ (especially if you deliver before the scheduled delivery date), the second method: well...

Someguy925
06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
That's true. It does get pretty tiring hearing the same thing over and over.

Allied Armament
06-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I told you short shroud guys it was going to be a little longer, they'll be out very very soon, patience grasshopper you will be happy with the end product.

snobordr
06-09-2008, 3:09 PM
So uh.... any news on the PPSH short shrouds? I would really like to get down to my FFL to do paper on this and another.... what are the odds these will ship this week?

Fate
06-09-2008, 6:36 PM
Just a friendly reminder: It's now been 11 weeks since group buy ended.

The short shrouds are in assembly right now they should be done shortly hopefully by the end of the week, we are doing a couple extra if anyone is interested.

Someguy925
06-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I gave them a call just now. It sounds like they're ready to go out, but they're missing a part or two before they can ship out. The guy on the phone said they'll compensate for the long wait time by throwing in an extra mag. Said to call back on friday.

Someguy925
06-12-2008, 2:21 PM
PS, http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview.php

You guys might probably need to register, otherwise we won't be seeing those PPSHs for a bit.

Vladimir
06-12-2008, 3:15 PM
what the hell is this? We now have to register for all online gun buys? Im a little confused...

Fate
06-12-2008, 4:01 PM
Allied needs to kick it into gear. I'm really going to be pissed if they don't ship before July 1 and I have to deal with this crap too.

Someguy925
06-12-2008, 8:02 PM
I should have clarified, AA needs to registered themselves if they can't get out the PPSHs by July 1st.

snobordr
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Just spoke with a nice lady at AA. She said they are waiting on firing pins and expect them early next week or they might have already arrived. She expects these to ship next week with any luck.

Just sharing what I learned.

Someguy925
06-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I called at noon as well. Waiting on firing pins.

Fate
06-13-2008, 8:04 PM
Was it "waiting for firing pins" from a shop that's altering them or waiting for some as-of-yet unmodified ones from a mysterious import source that still need more work?

Allied Armament
06-22-2008, 6:46 PM
We have the firing pins coming in wednesday, all of the guns are assembled, sans the firing pins, once we have them they are fitted and then test fired. Its one of those issues were you think you have everything available in your shop and your tech goes, we just ran out of firing pins (its like wtf why didn't you tell a couple weeks ago) we don't make them in house as they have to be made on a screw machine, but the PO was sent out immediately and we were given the heads up last week they'll be here wednesday. Sorry for the extended wait but we will get them out as fast. Just note this California group buyers that whoever bought in this group buy will be the only ones in California with PPSH's as we are discontinuing the product, it is extremely time consuming to manufacturer, as every gun has to be hand fitted. It will be an instant classic. I think the only source who may have some left is Atlantic firearms.

Fate
06-22-2008, 9:13 PM
Thanks for the update.

Please, please, please get these shipped before July 1 so you don't have to immediately jump thru the extra CA DOJ hoops that will be required on July 1.

Thanks guys...I know I can hardly wait to get mine!

snobordr
06-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Cool, thanks for the update James, I know how the last minute d'oh! goes but appreciate the info.

Someguy925
06-23-2008, 7:05 AM
Just note this California group buyers that whoever bought in this group buy will be the only ones in California with PPSH's as we are discontinuing the product

Good to know that we'll have some rare beauties on our hands :D

thedrickel
06-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah, like there aren't a million kits out there already :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm waiting for Grandson-of-Heller before I assemble mine . . . in proper military config, as god intended :D

saki302
06-24-2008, 4:30 AM
YAY! I knew they would be worth the wait (I was overseas for 6+ weeks, so the wait didn't seem too bad).

-Dave

Allied Armament
06-25-2008, 7:42 AM
Firing pins came in today, PPSH's back in the game. I'll let you know when they ship.

Fate
06-25-2008, 7:59 AM
HolymarymotherofgodIdon'tbelieveit! Yay!

July 1 is coming fast!

duenor
06-25-2008, 9:44 AM
Thedrickel, if you ever build a PPSH I'll be much obliged if you'd let me come up and join you. I bought PPSH mags and drums years and years ago... always hoped to one day build one.

The only thing better than a PPSH in my book would be a KP31.

saki302
06-27-2008, 7:13 AM
We need to get these shipped by Monday!! (july 1 is Tues!)

-Dave

Fate
06-27-2008, 1:37 PM
Calling....no answer.

:confused: July 1 is coming fast, boys.

SunriseF150
06-27-2008, 3:03 PM
Well the July 1st issue isn't really an issue unless AA isn't recistered as a CFLC. So AA have you guys registered as a CFLC yet?

Someguy925
06-28-2008, 6:37 PM
http://flickr.com/photos/someguy925/2620095104/ <-- Higher Quality

First 20 rounds of my PPSH-41 ever. S&B Production ammo, 85gr FMJ

aMJoWGjGSQw

or Youtube, for the lazy.

saki302
06-28-2008, 9:36 PM
hardly any kick- looks fun :)

-Dave

Steyr_223
06-29-2008, 11:11 AM

aMJoWGjGSQw

What's up with the empty brass hitting your head??

:0

Looks cool! Now if you can only find those 32rd sticks and 70rd drums you purchased back in the day...They must be in the garage, keep looking..

;)

Fate
06-29-2008, 2:55 PM
Wow cool, you got yours! Did you get a call or did it just show up at your FFL? Guessing you pre-DROSed it huh?

Can tell you've been shooting a MMG AR15 too long. Wrap that thumb over the stock! ;)

How many rounds did you feed it that day? Any problems?

Someguy925
06-29-2008, 6:42 PM
I don't have a EBR yet :D. Some people already told me to wrap the thumb around the stock. Lots of critiquing of my style is good! Also, the flinching and blinking too =P. Need to practice some dry firing. Shots were going low, but the group is consistant. I'll post a pic of it later.

I shot about 70 rounds of some production S&B 85gr ammo that day. First 50 rounds shot really good. I had one feeding issue where the round wasn't getting loaded from the magazine into the chamber. I determined that the problem with the round. I didn't have the issue afterwards.

I'm looking into get some Partizan production ammo as well. I probably won't shoot the surplus stuff until Burro gets some rain. The Bulgarian stuff should hopefully work pretty good and I also picked up some romanian as well.

Then for some reason, I was getting light strikes on my last 10 rounds every other shot or so. I need to take apart and take a look when i get the chance.

Also damn brass. As far as I can tell, the ejector launches the brass straight up and deflects off the ceiling onto my head.

Allied Armament
06-30-2008, 3:51 PM
Awesome video. We got registered with the DOJ today for the california transfers. Its not a big deal and it does not give any personal information. Its mainly to check and make sure dealers are registered with California.

domokun
06-30-2008, 5:40 PM

aMJoWGjGSQw

I'm gonna want to shoot that thing the next time I come visit you. :D

saki302
06-30-2008, 7:03 PM
Good to hear about the DOJ reg..

Getting antsy, especially after the video preview :D

-Dave

snobordr
07-06-2008, 3:08 PM
Dear Psychic Friends Network... will this be the week that these ship?

Fate
07-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Talked with Sheena this morning. Got the complete runaround again. Was first told they would be several more weeks as they hadn't started! Then, after I mentioned the calguns group buy I was offered a REFUND and that they weren't making the PPSh-41s anymore. I said some of the guns had shipped (long shroud) and she said "none have shipped in over 2-3 months" Uh...I know Someguy925 got one!. I asked to talk to James or Ryan. Ryan apparently doesn't work there anymore. James doesn't have regular office hours. So once again I had to leave a message. I almost guarantee it won't be returned (none of my other messages have been.)

I'm *&^)_%$( pissed.

snobordr
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Just talked to James. He states that all orders will be fulfilled, there will be a very small overrun, 7-10 units maybe and that they should be able to ship in next two weeks. I have an open DROS waiting for this bad boy, told him this and he feels he should be able to make the deadline.

Just wanted to let you all know.

Someguy925
07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Then, after I mentioned the calguns group buy I was offered a REFUND and that they weren't making the PPSh-41s anymore.

I remember that when I called, they said they wouldn't be making anymore PPSH-41s after the calguns group batch.

Fate
07-08-2008, 3:55 PM
Just talked to James. He states that all orders will be fulfilled, there will be a very small overrun, 7-10 units maybe and that they should be able to ship in next two weeks. I have an open DROS waiting for this bad boy, told him this and he feels he should be able to make the deadline.

Just wanted to let you all know.

How are you getting a hold of him? I've never been able to get him on the phone or to reply to email.

Two more weeks? I thought these were done, just had to install the new firing pin and test fire them? :confused:

1919_4_ME
07-08-2008, 6:23 PM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/8039/twoweeksqc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

snobordr
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
How are you getting a hold of him? I've never been able to get him on the phone or to reply to email.

Two more weeks? I thought these were done, just had to install the new firing pin and test fire them? :confused:

His # is posted on their site. Wish I could say I had confidence these would even ship in next two weeks, but I just don't get that vibe.

snobordr
07-14-2008, 6:56 PM
Could we have an update on these?

Allied Armament
07-15-2008, 9:05 AM
Okay heres the run down of what happened in the last "two weeks.." last Monday a negligent discharge took place of a firearm, two employees were sent home for the week, in protest my two ppsh/ak builders protested and went home (feeling a level of unfairness about the situation). Anyway long story short three people got fired, and only one was given the oppurtunity to return, and that is our ppsh builder. He is back at our shop building your guns right now, there is only 15 on order and that is the end of the ppsh's for us. If you haven't paid attention we are selling everything else on gunbroker and liquidating the lineup only keeping parts for repairs. The guns are just too time consuming to build.

I'll inform you when they are close to almost complete (for which they are very close to complete). Sorry for the inconvience

James Malarkey

snobordr
07-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Okay heres the run down of what happened in the last "two weeks.." last Monday a negligent discharge took place of a firearm, two employees were sent home for the week, in protest my two ppsh/ak builders protested and went home (feeling a level of unfairness about the situation). Anyway long story short three people got fired, and only one was given the oppurtunity to return, and that is our ppsh builder. He is back at our shop building your guns right now, there is only 15 on order and that is the end of the ppsh's for us. If you haven't paid attention we are selling everything else on gunbroker and liquidating the lineup only keeping parts for repairs. The guns are just too time consuming to build.

I'll inform you when they are close to almost complete (for which they are very close to complete). Sorry for the inconvience

James Malarkey

Is a week reasonable or am I going to need to re-DROS?

Allied Armament
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
All let know this afternoon.

snobordr
07-15-2008, 10:49 AM
All let know this afternoon.

Thanks for the updates, am sorry to hear about the difficulties lately, at least it sounds like no one was hurt.

Someguy925
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey question, if we need something that has to maybe get warrenty, then we won't have an issue right?

The reason I ask is that I've been getting some light strikes with my PPSH. I'm thinking it might be the springs.

saki302
07-23-2008, 3:56 AM
Any word on the last batch yet?

-Dave

saki302
07-25-2008, 7:46 AM
I just called and spoke to Sheena- she said the last batch should be shipping out the end of next week. It's been a while, so some of us will be getting calls before they ship out.

The end is near- looking forward to shooting it :D

-Dave

Someguy925
07-25-2008, 7:54 AM
good news for you guys.

Over the weekend, I tried out some production prvi partizan ammo. Cycled great. Had a few light strikes here and there.

Fate
07-27-2008, 5:24 PM
Did the light strikes "fail to fire"?

Someguy925
07-28-2008, 10:45 AM
yah, it was fail to fire.

Fate
08-01-2008, 9:33 AM
I just called and spoke to Sheena- she said the last batch should be shipping out the end of next week. It's been a while, so some of us will be getting calls before they ship out.

The end is near- looking forward to shooting it :D

-Dave

Well it's the end of "next week"... anyone gotten a call?

(AA PPSh-41 Group Buy: 22 weeks and counting...)

saki302
08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Not yet :(

-Dave

saki302
08-02-2008, 2:04 AM
I will try to call them monday for another update..

how many of us are in the 2nd group?

-Dave

snobordr
08-03-2008, 9:25 AM
Still waiting......

saki302
08-05-2008, 3:39 PM
I spoke to Sheena again- she said she's heard several different dates, agian in 1-2 weeks, and she offered a refund if I didn't want to wait.

Well what's another.. 2 WEEKS!

-Dave

SunriseF150
08-05-2008, 5:39 PM
Yeah I got the refund offer too. But I want my gun. I think because of the low #'s of these made it will be going up in value.

saki302
08-05-2008, 8:29 PM
yep, I'd rather have the gun too, esp. since I have old pre-ban hi caps for it :D
see if any of you guys can get in touch with James- maybe he can give a better delivery estimate.

-Dave

snobordr
08-05-2008, 9:07 PM
yep, I'd rather have the gun too, esp. since I have old pre-ban hi caps for it :D
see if any of you guys can get in touch with James- maybe he can give a better delivery estimate.

-Dave

His number can be found on the website.... I would post it... but ya know.

Or he could have pulled it.

saki302
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
It was there, and I called, but no answer.. you guys might have better luck- by the time I am free to call it's usually late.

-Dave

Fate
08-12-2008, 7:58 AM
Any updates? I've not heard a peep.

Allied Armament
08-12-2008, 9:00 AM
Their finishing up all of the guns they should be done no later than by the end of next week. After that no mas ppsh's but we will have a small over run of about 14 guns so if you want one we'll be posting them for sale on gunbroker. Thanks for your patience.

saki302
08-13-2008, 2:20 PM
YAY! I knew it was worth waiting another 2 weeks :D

my 9-10 year old mags are still waiting for their gun :D Now.. anyone know what to do with useless Beretta 38 mags? haha

-Dave

snobordr
08-18-2008, 7:17 PM
Their finishing up all of the guns they should be done no later than by the end of next week. After that no mas ppsh's but we will have a small over run of about 14 guns so if you want one we'll be posting them for sale on gunbroker. Thanks for your patience.

I figured I would give it at least two weeks.

Anyone know anything on this yet?

Allied Armament
08-19-2008, 6:23 AM
I just checked the shop this morning everything is on course for the end of this week.

Fate
08-21-2008, 1:47 PM
I just checked the shop this morning everything is on course for the end of this week.

Here's hoping! :cheers2:

saki302
08-22-2008, 3:18 AM
It's Friday :D

Is it looking good for shipments starting next week?

-Dave

Allied Armament
08-22-2008, 8:21 AM
Yes things are looking extremely good. All guns will ship out early next week!

Allied Armament
08-26-2008, 5:08 PM
All Guns Go OUT TOMORROW!!! If you call Thursday we can get you a tracking number.

Note: if anyone wanted or wants one of the last 10-12 ppshs that we are selling (for which we will sell in California) they are going up on gunbroker tomorrow evening. I will make another post about it later.

Fate
08-26-2008, 8:19 PM
Excellent news! These remaining rifles from the group buy (not the gunbroker extras) are all short shroud versions, right? ;)

Allied Armament
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Any ppsh that was on order...

SunriseF150
08-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Do you guys have any extra 10rd mags for sale? Or the regular full size 32rd mag repair parts kits?

Allied Armament
08-28-2008, 10:51 AM
We have extra 10 round mags I would buy as many as you can because we wont be making more after another month.

Allied Armament
08-28-2008, 3:54 PM
Almost forgot to mention I was going to put guns up on gunbroker, but I am going to wait until Tuesday of next week do to the long holiday weekend, and people spend wayyy to much this weekend. :) enjoy the weekend.

Allied Armament
09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
All right the first batch of ppsh's are for sale on Gunbroker:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=540812

I think overall we will have 10-15 that we are auctioning.

Good luck.

SunriseF150
09-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Just DROS'd mine last night. Along with my NDS-16A1 retro lower. :D

Fate
09-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Holy canolli, I just got back from DROSing my short shroud version. Looks really good.

A tad over 27 weeks of this --> :toetap05: but I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Hope she runs as good as she looks. Guess I'll know in 9 days, 23 hours or so.

snobordr
09-03-2008, 2:10 PM
Holy canolli, I just got back from DROSing my short shroud version. Looks really good.

A tad over 27 weeks of this --> :toetap05: but I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Hope she runs as good as she looks. Guess I'll know in 9 days, 23 hours or so.

At least you got a short shroud. I got to wait for a long shroud, waiting to hear back if they have any shorties around, kinda ticked that long shrouds shipped weeks ago.

SunriseF150
09-03-2008, 2:41 PM
^ My long shroud shipped last week, just came in yesterday.

snobordr
09-03-2008, 6:22 PM
^ My long shroud shipped last week, just came in yesterday.

I was under the impression that all the long shrouds had shipped long ago and the shorties were the ones that took this long. Well, will see if they have any short shrouds left.

saki302
09-04-2008, 2:11 AM
snobordr- I got sent a long shroud one too :(
I wonder if they ran out or something.. that kinda sucks.... it's still pretty cool, but we ordered short shrouded guns...

Oh well- I was torn between getting a long or short one.. I guess the decision was made for me!

-Dave

PS- you know, looking at the thing, it wouldn't be too hard to have shortened sometime in the future..

Someguy925
09-04-2008, 6:07 AM
hooray to you guys finally getting them.

Fate
09-04-2008, 7:00 AM
Sucks that some of you guys didn't get a SS version like you wanted. Does it say "short shroud" on your invoice? Mine does.

Any of the other guys who ordered SS's willing to tell us what they were actually shipped?

Allied Armament
09-04-2008, 7:50 AM
We shipped what was stated on the invoice. I think some people wanted either or but didn't specify at purchase. Either way the guns all work the same and will make a for a great investment. If you wanted to short shroud the gun we will be selling spare barrels with extensions that you can use for cut downs. Or you can order a complete receiver from interordinance that has the short shroud with barrel installed and just swap out the receiver. If you do swap your receiver (sell or keep your old one) send us the striker or request a modified striker for the interordinance receiver and we'll do it free of charge.

snobordr
09-04-2008, 9:53 AM
We shipped what was stated on the invoice. I think some people wanted either or but didn't specify at purchase. Either way the guns all work the same and will make a for a great investment. If you wanted to short shroud the gun we will be selling spare barrels with extensions that you can use for cut downs. Or you can order a complete receiver from interordinance that has the short shroud with barrel installed and just swap out the receiver. If you do swap your receiver (sell or keep your old one) send us the striker or request a modified striker for the interordinance receiver and we'll do it free of charge.

What about those of us that specified at purchase, confirmed by you in thread, and still got the long shrouds? At this point, 6 months later I will take it, but it feels like the fuzzy side of the lollipop to me. As far as the extra receiver option, this gun has already cost me to DROS fees, I will just cut my losses at this point.

As far as the invoice, I wouldn't know. Mine showed up with no paperwork whatsoever, IA didn't know who it belonged to. I do see a post here where James acknowledged my order for the short shroud but thats all I have to go on.