PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for ten percent firearms

bulldogs72
03-16-2008, 9:57 PM
I picked up my first two OLL's today. What a breeze to install the lpk. Took about 45 minutes and I didn't have one scratch. Ten Percent has been awesome to deal with, I highly recommend them. Now to figure out which uppers I want to buy :)

s2000news
03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Yep, bought a few mags from them a while ago.

Fast shipping, great communication. A+++

lawaia
03-17-2008, 12:10 PM
+1

I bought my complete upper and some other parts from them, and they were great! They sent several e-mails to me, letting me know every step what was happening including delivery to my doorstep. Also, I got my shipment only two days after placing my order online. I am VERY impressed with Ten Percent after my first transaction with them!

fourZero
03-17-2008, 3:14 PM
I like the service at Ten Percent enough to drive out from Bakersfield for all of my firearms needs, even though 2nd Amendment Sports is about 5 miles down the road.

Wes is a stand-up guy and has singlehandedly started an OLL frenzy in my group of friends. I have a good friend who has already made an "evil" build w/CMMG lower, YHM upper, EOTech, etc.

I went with a CMMG lower, RRA 2-stage trigger, Stag 2HT upper, LaRue LT-104 scope mount with Nikon 3-9x40. Wes just replaced my front post sight with a YHM folding block last weekend. He stayed over an hour and a half past business hours and was helpful and friendly (as usual).

We have 3 more guys on the fence now. Both of us got Ciener kits, which I HIGHLY recommend. POI was almost identical in the "evil" build, I haven't had a chance to test mine out. I guess I lucked out having a OLL-friendly FFL so close to home.

bulldogs72
03-17-2008, 3:58 PM
I havent had the opportunity to meet Wes yet, Ive only dealt with Becky I believe her name was. It's refreshing to go to a place with such great customer service, you dont see that too often. For the life of me I still can't decide which upper I want to go with. There are tooooo many options. I drove all the way from lancaster to go there. 99 miles each way.

tenpercentfirearms
03-18-2008, 9:07 AM
Thanks guys. We are trying. We have been so busy lately it isn't even funny. I just got on Calguns for the first time since 3/16/08 at 12:08 PM!

Prc329
03-18-2008, 9:09 AM
Wes is the man. Most firearm vendors are pretty responsive to inquiries but Wes always makes me feel like an old friend when I email him :D.

fourZero
03-18-2008, 9:59 AM
Wes is the man. Most firearm vendors are pretty responsive to inquiries but Wes always makes me feel like an old friend when I email him :D.

The older I get, the more I'm willing to pay for service and not just the absolute cheapest vendor. This applies to firearms, computer parts, anything.

I asked Wes when I first DROSed my CMMG lower why he was $75 higher than an out of state FFL. He explained the whole transfer & shipping issue (which almost makes it a wash). Wes also has a policy that he builds any lowers he sells at no additional charge. Besides that, I am keeping my tax dollars in the County and supporting a vendor who is very active in the OLL "scene."

Plus, I went in on Halloween last year and Wes had on the brightest green pants you've ever seen, with a dandy vest to go along with it. He made a hell of a leprechaun. You won't see THAT at any other gun store that I know of.

Prc329
03-18-2008, 10:02 AM
He does have the hair to go with the pants :)