PDA

View Full Version : OLL Configuration

4D5auto
03-16-2008, 5:20 PM
Want to build an M4, also leaning toward Stag, Spikes, CMMG, Mega. But, I want matching upper and lower. Now, which is the best way to go, bullet button, prince 50. I've seen talk here about this stuff, but after seeing so dang much, I can't locate again where I found it all! As for uppers and lowers, I think I'm going to have to call around to see if these places offer the sets. Also, are flash hiders just plain outlawed in CA, regardless of the type of build anyone does?

Thanks all.

Ech0Sierra
03-16-2008, 5:27 PM
A. Bullet Button is more convenient in CA, P50 is easier to reverse for Area 52/ NV Competition etc.
B. Flash Hiders are allowed with P50s and BBs.
C. Stag if you're on a budget, CMMG if you want a good one, Noveske if you have money to burn.

thazard
03-16-2008, 5:27 PM
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to
accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action
of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

Since you are Getting either a prince 50 or BB, then you can have a flash suppressor. I just made my 1st build with the BB and I love it.

fairfaxjim
03-16-2008, 5:33 PM
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to
accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action
of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

Since you are Getting either a prince 50 or BB, then you can have a flash suppressor. I just made my 1st build with the BB and I love it.

P50 and BB = non detachable magazine, A through F don't apply, all ok to have. Detachable mag., i.e. Monster Man grip, U-15 stock then you cannot have any of A - F. You can switch out the flash hider with a compensator or muzzle brake. Branson and others make them that are very similar in appearance to the A2 flash hider.

s2000news
03-16-2008, 5:55 PM
All OLL are the same if they are Mil Spec. Just pick the logo you like and buy it.

Plus, you won't build just one. :)

4D5auto
03-16-2008, 11:42 PM
On the AW ban list by Roberti-Roos, the list Olympic Arms model PCR (all) is listed, What does the PCR stand for?

Also, what is the opinion of DPMS uppers and barrels??

4D5auto
03-19-2008, 1:26 PM
OK, no one knows what PCR is.

I will ask this, If I go with a MMG, I can not use a flash hider, will the muzzle break need to be permanently attached?

Kishfisser
03-19-2008, 2:40 PM
I may be wrong but, from the reading I have done on this web site, no the muzzle break does not need to be permanently attached as there is no law about threaded barrels being illegal, unles the barrel is less than 16 inches.

4D5auto
03-19-2008, 3:04 PM
Thanks.
I have found out what PCR means, Politically Correct Rifle! Straight from Olympic Arms!

aplinker
03-19-2008, 3:56 PM
OK, no one knows what PCR is.

I will ask this, If I go with a MMG, I can not use a flash hider, will the muzzle break need to be permanently attached?

Please read SB23 again. It's the only thing that drives legality with an OLL.

The only reason to pin/weld a muzzle device is to meet the Federal (and state) 16" barrel requirement. It's an SBR issue.

The reason the MMG is legal is it's a way to replace a pistol grip. The rest of the features from SB23 also cannot be present.