PDA

View Full Version : And the VFG Winner is... (AND help needed, please read!)

aplinker
03-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks to all that entered & Voted. I wish I had more! Lots of worthy people. Was fun.

Gunsmithcats is the winner. He's currently deployed in Iraq with the Marines. REALLY nice guy and it would be great to help him & his unit out!

A number of people expressed an interest in making some sort of donation.

I asked him what would be some things his unit could use that are firearms related. Their rear unit was issued M16A4's or M4's after they deployed, but those on deployment are stuck with M16A2's. As a resut, they're having issues with mounting lights.

So, anyone who's willing to donate a mount for a SureFire style light on an A2 or barrel... would be nice to help them out!

In addition, any extra car or firearms related magazines you'd be willing to donate would be great. If you've got a stack of them I'd be willing to travel to get them. I'll also be at Angeles Range this Sunday, from 11A-3P, if you want to drop them by. Anything you've got would be appreciated!

I'm glad it's going to someone who can use it!

I set up rules and have to follow them, but I agree with many of the sentiments in the thread. Let me say, there were a lot of worthy posts. I wish I were rich. :D

So, without further ado, your top 3:

VFG

1) Currently Deployed, I need a vertical foregrip for my service rifle.

2) Green helps better distinguish my rifle from everyone elses so that other Marines won't jack my crap.

3) i'd be more than happy to pass it on to another service member when I return to the states.
:)

VFG

1. I am passing along the shooting skills to my two boys ages 9 & 12. Two new up and coming shooters to the firearms community.
2. I also converted the spouse to the shooting sports. Now she goes shooting on her own at the local range and also has taken possession of my P7M8. She has laid claim to it as she likes it so much...
3. Proudly serving currently in the military. Been separated from the family for about 1 1/2 years now, only being able to see them every other weekend.

Do I win. Do I win

Tho Gunsmithcats has a real need for them.

For the past 3+ years I've brought several of my CA Reg AWs to the annual Turner's Sports Shooting Fair @ Raahauge range and have spread EBR & AW fever to several hundred attendees every year. Giving the general public a chance to shoot AWs they have never or rarely get a chance to shoot.

Showing the general public that these aren't as evil as they are portrayed in the media & by the politicians, that they do have a sporting purpose, and are very fun to shoot. I'll be there again in June '08 @ the S.S.A. berms.

After SB-23, I and along with several of fellow CA shooters from a couple of shooting forums (AR15.com & AK47.net) organized dozen of EBR & AW shoots in SOCAL.

We organized shoots at Burro Canyon range, Angeles range, and Lyttle Creek range. We rented bays or parts of the range to spread EBR fever. We had BBQs and organized matches with prizes & cash provided by our sponsors. To prove the sporting purposes of AWs. We had as many as 100 shooters come to our shoots/ BBQs/ matches.These were known as Webshooters (www.webshooters.org) shoots.

The goal was that each shooter brought friends/ neighbors/ co-workers (non-shooters, noobs, fence sitters, anti-gunners) to these shoots, to show them that these AWs had a purpose, taught the noobs how to shoot safely, and how fun they were in a safe environment. Hoping to turn some non-gun people to our side.

We don't host anymore Weshooters events, but we are still active in many of the SOCAL shooting events in some capacity.

I am always trying to get new shooters involved with shooting competitions. Bringing them to matches and sharing my equipment.

aplinker
03-17-2008, 1:13 AM
Bump to make sure everyone votes (I think we have our winner :D )

aplinker
03-18-2008, 1:24 PM
LAST bump before polls close. :)

69Mach1
03-18-2008, 1:33 PM
In before the close.:)

Soldier415
03-18-2008, 1:34 PM
voted

pwall
03-18-2008, 1:37 PM
voted. What about the mag?

hitman13
03-18-2008, 1:42 PM
i voted for me, eventhough its the other user "hitman" that you are quoting;)

GenLee
03-18-2008, 1:45 PM
Voted

aplinker
03-18-2008, 1:59 PM
voted. What about the mag?

One at a time ;) I'm multi-tasking too many things right now.

(not a contender)

apbrian112
03-18-2008, 3:32 PM
voted... even though he's a marine :smilielol5: i think he'd get the most use out of it.

Teletiger7
03-18-2008, 3:42 PM
I think most everyone agreed. Give it to the guy who is deployed.

hitman13
03-18-2008, 6:53 PM
where did this contest come from? i must have missed something while i was away.....

aplinker
03-19-2008, 12:58 AM
where did this contest come from? i must have missed something while i was away.....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91041&highlight=free

Sorry ;)

aplinker
03-22-2008, 6:45 AM
Thanks to all that entered & Voted. I wish I had more! Lots of worthy people. Was fun.

Gunsmithcats is the winner. He's currently deployed in Iraq with the Marines. REALLY nice guy and it would be great to help him & his unit out!

A number of people expressed an interest in making some sort of donation.

I asked him what would be some things his unit could use that are firearms related. Their rear unit was issued M16A4's or M4's after they deployed, but those on deployment are stuck with M16A2's. As a resut, they're having issues with mounting lights.

So, anyone who's willing to donate a mount for a SureFire style light on an A2 or barrel... would be nice to help them out!

In addition, any extra car or firearms related magazines you'd be willing to donate would be great. If you've got a stack of them I'd be willing to travel to get them. I'll also be at Angeles Range this Sunday, from 11A-3P, if you want to drop them by. Anything you've got would be appreciated!

I'm glad it's going to someone who can use it!

Please PM me if you're interested in donating. I'll be trying to get things packaged up in the next week or so. Thanks!

M. Sage
03-22-2008, 10:31 AM

Like this one? http://www.botachtactical.com/stunmo.html

69Mach1
03-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I've got a stack of both car and gun magazines for you. I was just about to throw them away. PM me with instructions.:)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/Picture040-2.jpg

aplinker
03-22-2008, 2:46 PM
I asked him the same question... I'd just get a rail, but it's the gov't, so you know...:nuts:

I'll let you know when he tells me. I'm guessing something like that would work, along with a cheap rail mount. I mean, that's how I'd do it if I were forced to!

Like this one? http://www.botachtactical.com/stunmo.html

JUST. AWESOME. :eek: Perfect. Drop me a PM and we'll figure it out.

I've got a stack of both car and gun magazines for you. I was just about to throw them away. PM me with instructions.:)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/Picture040-2.jpg

69Mach1
03-22-2008, 4:01 PM
PM sent. Glad to contribute.

aplinker
03-22-2008, 4:50 PM
PM sent. Glad to contribute.

Just make sure you remove all copies of "Gay Midget Monthly" and "It's not Gay Underway Illustrated" ;)

Appreciate the help, buddy.

69Mach1
03-22-2008, 7:53 PM
So,...you say n you want those back?:D
PM sent

aplinker
03-22-2008, 8:05 PM
So,...you say n you want those back?:D
PM sent

Just give them back to Neal.

gunsmithcats
03-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Just wanted to thank uclaplinker for making this giveaway possible..
he is a true gentleman and a dying breed among men.

I'll promise to take lots of pics,
and I'm planning to pass this onto any deploying serviceman/woman the day i get back to CONUS.

aplinker
03-29-2008, 5:53 PM
All lies @ me :p

Thanks for participating... I couldn't have planned someone better for it to go to.

Thanks!

Just wanted to thank uclaplinker for making this giveaway possible..
he is a true gentleman and a dying breed among men.

I'll promise to take lots of pics,
and I'm planning to pass this onto any deploying serviceman/woman the day i get back to CONUS.