PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Lower Reciever or Aluminum?

HullarP
03-15-2008, 5:37 PM
Hi. I recently moved to southern CA from Missouri, and I'm trying to get my Professional Ordinance C-15 compliant. It is "On-list", so I plan to bring it into CA without the lower receiver, and then add an "off-list" lower with a "bullet button." So my question is: Would you recommend the Bushmaster C-15 lower to keep it all Carbon Fiber, or use a Stag or other metal lower? I have a disability that only lets me shoot one-handed, and that's why the lighter weight CF is a good solution for me.

Thanks!

Paul

Josh3239
03-15-2008, 5:39 PM
The Carbon 15 lower should be fine. It'll be lighter weight and probably look better. You can pick one up and a bullet button lock from CWS: www.coldwarshooters.net

Nodda Duma
03-15-2008, 7:58 PM
where from in Mo? I went to college in Rolla, and grew up in the Ozarks

-Jason

bohoki
03-15-2008, 8:01 PM
its zytel not carbon fiber

aplinker
03-15-2008, 9:37 PM
I own a couple of the BM C-15's and a bunch of others. I've not had any issues my the C-15.

My theory is that as long as it functions and fits, it works fine. I don't rely on my rifle for day to day life and death situations. That being said, I really like good stuff.

Do what you need to make it shoot well for you. That sounds like a C-15.

FYI it really only saves a couple ounces. You could save that and then some by improving the barrel profile.

Hi. I recently moved to southern CA from Missouri, and I'm trying to get my Professional Ordinance C-15 compliant. It is "On-list", so I plan to bring it into CA without the lower receiver, and then add an "off-list" lower with a "bullet button." So my question is: Would you recommend the Bushmaster C-15 lower to keep it all Carbon Fiber, or use a Stag or other metal lower? I have a disability that only lets me shoot one-handed, and that's why the lighter weight CF is a good solution for me.

Thanks!

Paul

HullarP
03-17-2008, 1:08 PM
Thanks! I appreciate your advice!

Jason - I used to live in Cape Girardeau, but I spent a few weeks recruiting at the Rolla Campus

Bohoki - I'll have to look up zytel, I was just assuming that since they call it Carbon Fiber that it was...

Thanks!

Paul