View Full Version : Threaded barrel ?'s.

03-15-2008, 2:52 PM
Hello all! My first post here. I have been getting into Cal legal "cool rifles" lately with my lastest purchase of a PTR-91 with a Bullet Button & fixed stock, Springfield M1A (long barrel, walnut stock), Stag AR lower, I am seriously considering a Vector poly ak With a Bullet Button. Anyway, in regards to the AR I'm about to build, I will probably buy a kit from MA parts or Model 1 sales for the rest of the gun. Through my reasearch on the DOJ website, I can't find anything that states that a threaded barrel is illegal, just what you thread onto it makes the difference. Also, it looks to me that if you DON'T have a detatchable magazine (Bullet Button), Then the other features are ok as long as the gun in it's shortest form is 30+ inches long. So my plans for the AR build is a 16" C/M barrel, Magpul CTR stock, Bullet Button, free float quad rail handguard, & screw on CA comlpliant muzzle brake. Please let me know if this sounds like a legal build. I tried some searches on these ?'s but I don't have hours to spend here at a time. Thanks for your patience!

03-15-2008, 3:20 PM
Yep, it sounds like you're fine. Threaded barrels are only an issue on handguns in Cali. And use a 10 round or smaller capacity magazine in the fixed magazine build.

03-15-2008, 3:42 PM
Fjold has it right.

FYI, you are only required to use a brake if your magazine is detachable. Since you are going for a bullet button build you can get a flash hider if you want.

03-15-2008, 6:50 PM
That's awesome!!!! I just ordered a muzzle brake for my PTR-91 just to be on the safe side, but I really didn't want to use it because in my experience, they are much louder than a flash hider. So I won't! Thanks for the info guys!