PDA

View Full Version : Take down pins

BadFish
03-14-2008, 10:26 PM
My take down pins are really hard to remove, is there something I can do to change that?

Shane916
03-14-2008, 10:30 PM
My take down pins are really hard to remove, is there something I can do to change that?

You can try some CLP on them. They will eventually loosen up after repeated use.

jacques
03-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Mine are also. Use a bullet tip to push them in. It is also hard to get them back in. It just shows you have a nice tight fitting setup.

You can get some takedown pins with rings on them that you can pull on from riflegear.com

s2000news
03-14-2008, 10:42 PM
CLP and about 20 or 30 cycles of in and out. They will be just fine.

Wow, that sounds weird. :eek:

low94noma
03-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Me, just a little gun oil and cycling the pin in and out. When I first installed it, I was thinking why I bought the extended take down pin if its just as slow as the stock pin. I gave it some time and after a few "in and outs" it was fine.

DedEye
03-15-2008, 6:08 PM
Shoot your rifle. Recoil makes lots of things easier to move ;) (It's what I had to do).

technique
03-15-2008, 6:51 PM
Work it!!!!!

He@t
03-15-2008, 11:56 PM

How many rounds do you have through your AR? My bushy upper with my RRA lower were super tight and the only way to push the take down pins were with some force and a punch,, and the very first time i mated them two together it was almost stuck to try and scissor them open.. but after the first devirginization of 300 rounds of lake city the taked down pins are easily pushed and its quite easy to scissor open now... so basically the best thing to do is..

give me your rifle and your stockpile of ammo and i will take car of the problem :p

BadFish
03-16-2008, 9:28 AM
I've put about 500 round through it so far, I was just looking at that youtube video of the 11 year old girl taking down that AR and felt really bad cause I cant do it that fast. BUt one reason was the take down pins take a lot of pressure before they slide. I even bought one of those pins with the longer end, but it still takes as long..lol. I just bought one of those takedown from Riflegear with the rings.

But thanks for the advice, I guess I just need to work it more and take it out shooting for often.