PDA

View Full Version : I would like to thank George Bush for...

hawk1
03-14-2008, 9:56 PM
Giving back $1200 of my hard earned money through his stimulus package. I re-invested it in my favorite out of state FFL and bought this:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/hawk1C6/misc/556.jpg

:D

FEDUPWBS
03-14-2008, 10:13 PM
You can bet your *** Obama aint gonna kick $ back to tax payers only tax takers. Nice rifle BTW.

BlackReef
03-14-2008, 10:13 PM
sweet! when do you pick it up?

hawk1
03-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks!

A couple more days in transit then the 10 day wait. So, around the end of the month.
Couldn't beat the price. $1210 delivered (BUIS version), upper half sent to the FFL, lower half shipped to me. Very recent serial number/manufacture #10XXX. NIB, the only thing is that I told the FFL to keep the 30 round mag to stay on the legal side. I didn't need it anyways. I have aquired around 60 or more of them since I bought my first AR back in 1980. I'll be using a BB2 and Bushmaster 10 round mags in state.

FatOnCoke
03-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Good decision! Very nice! I like Sigs too.

I would like to thank those that bought homes they can't afford making this stimulus package possible.

trinydex
03-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Giving back $1200 of my hard earned money through his stimulus package. I re-invested it in my favorite out of state FFL and bought this:

you got your return already? when did you file?

hawk1
03-14-2008, 11:01 PM
you got your return already? when did you file?

My return? Yeah, I have both the state and federal checks back already. Haven't received the stimulus money yet. I think I can trust Jorge Bush to send it to me...:D I felt I needed to help stimulate the economy earlier than his when his check is due to arrive. :p

Bowser
03-14-2008, 11:21 PM
I want one.

hawk1
03-14-2008, 11:44 PM
He has two more last I spoke with him. He understands the AW laws here now, and is a great guy as well. Took three or four emails to explain it to him, then he was good to go. PM me if you need his contact info. I don't want to post his info without asking him first.

JayRuff
03-14-2008, 11:51 PM
my tax return was $4700 :eek: not spending all of it on firearms tho ;), just bought a stag arms OLL waiting for the upper etc. Does anyone know online dealers that will ship sig 556 to California?

mecam
03-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks!

A couple more days in transit then the 10 day wait. So, around the end of the month.
Couldn't beat the price. $1210 delivered (BUIS version), upper half sent to the FFL, lower half shipped to me. Very recent serial number/manufacture #10XXX. NIB, the only thing is that I told the FFL to keep the 30 round mag to stay on the legal side. I didn't need it anyways. I have aquired around 60 or more of them since I bought my first AR back in 1980. I'll be using a BB2 and Bushmaster 10 round mags in state.

So on the Sig556, the upper goes to FFL? Ok to ship the lower to you with pistol grip, colapsible stock, and no BB installed?

JayRuff
03-14-2008, 11:58 PM
So on the Sig556, the upper goes to FFL? Ok to ship the lower to you with pistol grip, colapsible stock, and no BB installed?

yeah I found that odd too :confused:

Josh3239
03-15-2008, 1:04 AM
It isn't an AW if it is only half of a rifle. Only a complete rifles can fire a bullet and only a complete rifle can be considered a weapon or if it applies, an AW. The lower is just that, not a rifle. It is the regulated part but not a rifle capable of firing a bullet.

vf111
03-15-2008, 1:14 AM
It isn't an AW if it is only half of a rifle. Only a complete rifles can fire a bullet and only a complete rifle can be considered a weapon or if it applies, an AW. The lower is just that, not a rifle. It is the regulated part but not a rifle capable of firing a bullet.

So on a Sig556 is the serialed numbered receiver the lower like an AR or the upper like a FAL? If the upper was sent to the OP's FFL, I'm assuming it's the latter. Just curious as that would influence whether I ever pick one up.

brokestudent12
03-15-2008, 1:48 AM
what's a tax return? never heard of it. on my 1099 i made $1.

JayRuff
03-15-2008, 2:26 AM

so what your saying is that with the sig the lower can ship to you directly and the uppers must be sent to FFL? :confused:

FatOnCoke
03-15-2008, 2:42 AM
so what your saying is that with the sig the lower can ship to you directly and the uppers must be sent to FFL? :confused:

I think that is correct! The upper has the serial number not the lower like the AR.

http://sigforum.com/movedimages/para/SHOT07/556_pistol_left.jpg
http://gullyborg.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/sigrifle1.jpg

leelaw
03-15-2008, 2:47 AM
Nice choice of rifles!

You're going to love it, just got some tweaking to do like those handguards and buttstock... and then a real optic..

Couldn't beat the price. $1210 delivered

<cough> under $975 </cough> :43:

leelaw
03-15-2008, 2:51 AM

Yup.

In the case of the Sig 556, the upper (serialized part) is automatically a centerfire (possibly a semi-auto because it integrates the recoil system) with a flash hider, but without the lower it is not capable of accepting a detachable magazine. Thus, it is legal.

In the case of an AR-15, the lower (serialized part) may or may not accept a detachable magazine, pistol grip, and folding/collapsing/thumbhole stock, but without the upper it is neither semi-automatic or centerfire. Also legal.

Ahhh technicalities.

JayRuff
03-15-2008, 3:03 AM
Yup.

In the case of the Sig 556, the upper (serialized part) is automatically a centerfire (possibly a semi-auto because it integrates the recoil system) with a flash hider, but without the lower it is not capable of accepting a detachable magazine. Thus, it is legal.

In the case of an AR-15, the lower (serialized part) may or may not accept a detachable magazine, pistol grip, and folding/collapsing/thumbhole stock, but without the upper it is neither semi-automatic or centerfire. Also legal.

Ahhh technicalities.

but AR lowers still have to be shipped to a FFL

Full Clip
03-15-2008, 3:46 AM
Hmmmmm, I do my taxes on Sunday... we'll see what happens.

leelaw
03-15-2008, 8:27 AM
but AR lowers still have to be shipped to a FFL

...yes, just like Sig 556 uppers.

The comparison was of the serialized portion of both firearms.

hawk1
03-15-2008, 9:18 AM
Nice choice of rifles!

You're going to love it, just got some tweaking to do like those handguards and buttstock... and then a real optic..

<cough> under $975 </cough> :43:

Under $975? Was that new? If so, you stole that thing. Either way new or used it was steal. I'm going to switch out the handguards for the 551 type. As far as optics, I've seen so many opinions that I'm not sure which to go with. Don't think it needs anything more tha 4x. Possibly an ACOG?...
What did you go with?

Millions-Knives
03-15-2008, 11:26 AM

Did you guys already start receiving your stimulus checks? I thought they were coming out in May.

Great looking weapon, btw. :)

hawk1
03-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Did you guys already start receiving your stimulus checks? I thought they were coming out in May.

Great looking weapon, btw. :)

No, not yet. Just helping the economy as much as possible...:D

mecam
03-15-2008, 5:01 PM

I already spent my stimulus check before I even received it. :(

aileron
03-15-2008, 7:01 PM

Range report. :toetap05:

hawk1
03-16-2008, 9:26 AM
Range report. Man you guys are tough. I don't think the big brown truck has even crossed state lines yet...:p

USN CHIEF
03-16-2008, 9:32 AM
Congratulations on your new rifle..

aileron
03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Range report. Man you guys are tough. I don't think the big brown truck has even crossed state lines yet...:p

Well, yea, thats how jealousy works. ;)

hawk1
03-16-2008, 3:33 PM
No reason for that, you guys can use it anytime you'd like...:hide:

I need to find an optic for it. Not sure if I should go with the Aimpont Comp M4 or the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T. Still reading the posts of other 556 owners on which is best for the rifle. Leaning towards the Aimpoint though.