PDA

View Full Version : Sig 556 rifle Problems getting it Serviced

kmixxed213
03-14-2008, 2:46 PM
Hi..

I had a question, I just got off the phone with a rep from sig usa, and was told that I could not send my 556 to them for service part replacement, due to the fact that this rifle is not on the approved DOJ list in California.
But I tried to Explain to them that the Rifle was made California compliant, and not on the Ban list, they still were not buying it. Reason I have to send it in is that they refuse to sell me the replacement part I need,,,
was wondering if anyone else had a problem like this dealing with them...

thank you..

FEDUPWBS
03-14-2008, 2:51 PM
Ca. DOJ approved list? WTF? You need to go through an authorized SIG dealer in CA.

kmixxed213
03-14-2008, 2:55 PM
They told me that there is NO authorized SIG dealer in CA to sell the 556 rifle,
Period. And have never shipped a Sig 556 to California.

Just spoke to them on the Phone..

pottymouth310
03-14-2008, 5:54 PM
WTF...! I see so many 556 @ gun shops around LA & OC. Are you saying they are ALL ILLEGAL?

kmixxed213
03-14-2008, 6:12 PM
WTF...! I see so many 556 @ gun shops around LA & OC. Are you saying they are ALL ILLEGAL?

I am not saying all that, I bought My Sig Right here in the Greater Los Angeles area W/O any problems. Just the fact that sig states it never sold or Shipped a single 556 rifle to California. And is Wondering How we Californians Obtained these Rifles seems to Baffle them...

THE 0NE
03-14-2008, 6:16 PM
If your in the Bay Area bring it to me, Im at the Gun Exchange of San Jose.

LECTRIKHED
03-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Sounds like the person at sig you talked to was a complete idiot. First of all, there is no "Approved List" for rifles in CA. Your rifle is either perfectly legal or an AW. They have a list of AWs, and the Sig556 is not on there.

Also, from what I understand SIG is going to start selling the 556 in CA.

Addax
03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Sig is currently in the process of creating a SIG556 for the California Market.

Tim at Fort Courage Armory had announced this last month, and Randy from SIG was out at the Fort Courage 1 year anniversary and he showed and discussed the SIG556 and how SIG is going to make one for the California market, and eventually design a cool California stock, so a bullet button or magazine lock would not be required..

The customer service person you spoke to at SIG probably does not know this, or has not been informed yet, especially since they have not sku'd up a California Model sku in their system yet.

Call Tim at Fort Courage if you are in So Cal, and he may be able to assist.

Regards,
Chris

thmpr
03-14-2008, 11:47 PM
And I am assuming the PG will not be designed into the rifle as well... Like a Keltec.

Addax
03-15-2008, 12:58 AM
And I am assuming the PG will not be designed into the rifle as well... Like a Keltec.

Something more like the JAE type stock (like those for the M1A) is what was described...

You can always buy one, have the BB installed, keep the PG, and you are good to go..

PIRATE14
03-15-2008, 8:52 AM
Just take it back to the FFL you got it from and have them route it back to SIG.........

It's just like having a WASR or any other OLL in CALI.....the manufacutures won't ship back into the state......not that hard to figure out.....;)