PDA

View Full Version : Pro and Con on CMMG lightweight barrel

coolguy1004
03-13-2008, 8:04 PM
Hi,
I'm torn between CMMG 14.5 Mid-Length Upper w/Permanent Hider and CMMG 14.5 Lightweight Mid-Length Upper w/Permanent Hider and .625" FSB.
Is the lightweight barrel less durable than the regular barrel?
thanks,

aplinker
03-13-2008, 8:09 PM
Hi,
I'm torn between CMMG 14.5 Mid-Length Upper w/Permanent Hider and CMMG 14.5 Lightweight Mid-Length Upper w/Permanent Hider and .625" FSB.
thanks,

No, it has nothing to do with durability, just weight & accuracy. It will serve you well in those style of builds.

PonchoTA
03-14-2008, 2:26 AM
Hi,
thanks,
That's exactly the kind of upper I'm looking for. Probably A4 configuration. Where are you getting it, and how much??!! (if you don't mind me asking!)

:D

aplinker
03-14-2008, 2:31 AM
Under rapid fire they tend to heat up faster. The hotter the barrel gets the faster it will wear.

10rd mags + bullet button isn't exactly conducive to rapid fire ;)

DB2
03-14-2008, 7:16 AM
That's exactly the kind of upper I'm looking for. Probably A4 configuration. Where are you getting it, and how much??!! (if you don't mind me asking!)

:D

P.M AlohaRover. He has them in stock. My 14.5 with phantom will be here in a few days. He has an ad in the commercial sales. Good guy and good prices also. Very California friendly.