PDA

View Full Version : RRA Predator Pursuit 20" Upper vs RRA Varmint 20" upper??

larryb
03-13-2008, 8:28 PM
Obviously i am missing something. What is the difference between these two uppers??

RRA Predator Pursuit A4 20" Complete Upper Assembly
$600.00
These quality Rock River Arms uppers come complete with bolt, bolt carrier, and charging handle.

.223 Wylde chamber

Wilson air gauged 20" heavy match stainless steel barrel with 1:8" twist

Forged A4 upper

Knurled and fluted free float, rifle length alluminum handguard

Weaver type gas block sight base
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_25_30&products_id=317

RRA Varmint A4 20" Complete Upper Assembly
$600.00
These quality Rock River Arms uppers come complete with bolt, bolt carrier, and charging handle.

.223 Wylde chamber

Wilson air gauged 20" bull stainless steel barrel with 1:8" twist

Forged A4 upper

Knurled and fluted free float, rifle length alluminum handguard

Weaver type gas block sight base
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_25_30&products_id=168

OutlawDon
03-13-2008, 8:32 PM
The Predator Pursuit has a thinner barrel. I checked awhile back and it's about a pound lighter overall.

larryb
03-13-2008, 8:33 PM
The Predator Pursuit has a thinner barrel. I checked awhile back and it's about a pound lighter overall.

That makes sense. When i was comparing the pics i thought the pursuit had a thinner barrel. Thanks for confirming that. It was driving me nuts for a while :)

OutlawDon
03-13-2008, 8:40 PM
That makes sense. When i was comparing the pics i thought the pursuit had a thinner barrel. Thanks for confirming that. It was driving me nuts for a while :)

No problem...don't want you to go nuts there and not have a restful night's sleep. :cool:

Californio
03-13-2008, 8:50 PM
My relative in AZ just ordered a Rock River Predator Pursuit (8 week order time) and is putting a Burris Black Diamond on it etc. for varmints. I hope to get over there before it gets hot and see how it shoots.:)

He wanted the Pursuit (lighter) so he could add a big scope and bipod and still have reasonable weight.

AfricanHunter
03-13-2008, 9:40 PM
yep. Pursuit has a heavy match bbl and the Varmint has a bull bbl (thicker)

Cypriss32
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Get an RRA N/M setup, The most accurate upper system ive used to date. Its heavy and likes long high BC 223 bullets. LOVES 77gr SMKS and 75gr BTHP.

tenpercentfirearms
03-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I sell both and the Pursuit is most certainly lighter. I would choose it over the varmint after handling both.