PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a Bushmaster CF lower?

HullarP
03-13-2008, 5:45 AM
Hi. I recently moved to southern CA from Missouri, and I'm trying to get my Professional Ordinance C-15 compliant. It is "On-list", so I plan to bring it into CA without the lower receiver, and then add an "off-list" lower with a "bullet button." So my question is: Would you recommend the Bushmaster C-15 lower to keep it all Carbon Fiber, or use a Stag or other metal lower? I have a disability that only lets me shoot one-handed, and that's why the lighter weight CF is a good solution for me.

Thanks!

Paul

Mr. Ed
03-13-2008, 9:06 PM
You may want to ask this question in the Rifleman's Forum. You'll get more exposure that way. As far as your question is concerned....you're not going to be adding that much weight to you rifle with a standard aluminum lower.

WokMaster1
03-14-2008, 8:02 PM
Paul, get the Carbon 15 lower to make it all Carbon. It's a tad cheaper to buy it out of state as a non Cali resident than to import it into California as a Cali resident. In other words, buy it before you move.

Am I making any sense?:confused:

HullarP
03-15-2008, 6:35 PM
Thanks!

supermario
11-21-2008, 7:46 PM
I bought a bushmaster carbon15 from cold war shooters and its been holding up on my complete carbon15 rife. I did research before buying and i discovered that Bushmaster makes there carbons stronger than before. I think you will be fine and you can pick up a receiver at cold war shooters.