PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a CZ V22 .22lr Upper?

tamaneko
03-13-2008, 1:57 AM
ar15's slow, so I hope you guys can give an answer first. :D

1. Since it's a rimfire upper, these don't use the buffer spring on the stock, right? So the back of the V22 upper is completely sealed?

2. Is that cylinder handguard on it removable and replaceable with any railed carbine-length handguard?

3. This just drops into any lower receiver, no modifications necessary or will there be issues with certain lowers and parts?

4. Is it picky with ammo? Will it work with certain types of .22LR like subsonic ones such as the Aquila?

5. At around $250, is this the cheapest rimfire upper available out there?

Thanks for any answers you can provide. :)

r1ghtw1ng
03-13-2008, 9:29 AM
I'm looking to get one of these too. I've heard good things about them. I don't know the answers to questions 1-4, but Yes, it is the cheapest dedicated upper out there.

Gunaria
03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
I think I can answer #4, it will fire the Aquila's but it will not cycle. From my experience the Aquila's work best in either a single shot 22 or in a mag feed bolt action 22.

Here is something interesting that I've found about these kits, read these forum posts to see what they say about them;

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49311

Here's another article I've found for some good reading on this subject;

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_10_47/ai_78130023/pg_1

jamesob
03-13-2008, 10:55 AM
i have never seen one for 250.00 if you found one at that price you better jump on it quick. i found a few new ones for 400 but not even a used one for 250. and they do work good.

Unfazed
03-13-2008, 11:41 AM
ar15's slow, so I hope you guys can give an answer first. :D

1. Since it's a rimfire upper, these don't use the buffer spring on the stock, right? So the back of the V22 upper is completely sealed? Correct.

2. Is that cylinder handguard on it removable and replaceable with any railed carbine-length handguard? Yes, i replaced mine with a railed YHM, the only problem i had was in order to keep the front gasblock that comes standard on it, i had to file away slightly on the top of the rear end of the gas block to allow it to fit under the railed YHM. Its not necessary to keep this however, but i just thought it looked better. (ill try to post pics when i get home from work)

3. This just drops into any lower receiver, no modifications necessary or will there be issues with certain lowers and parts? Had no issues with mine

4. Is it picky with ammo? Will it work with certain types of .22LR like subsonic ones such as the Aquila? Everything i have ran through it has been fine so far, havent shot any Aquila however.

5. At around $250, is this the cheapest rimfire upper available out there? $250 sounds like a great deal to me, think i paid around 320 for mine. If you can grab one for 250 i definitely would buy it.

Thanks for any answers you can provide. :)

;) YMMV

Timberland
03-13-2008, 2:07 PM
They havent been imported in a wile, could you pm or post where they are avalable, at that price. O and the mags explode from time to time, this happens with most 22lr uppers.

HeHateMe
03-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I think Don at River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has one of those CZ V22 uppers. You'll have to call and ask him about it. Don't know the price.

tamaneko
03-16-2008, 11:42 PM
They havent been imported in a wile, could you pm or post where they are avalable, at that price. O and the mags explode from time to time, this happens with most 22lr uppers.

The mags explode?! :eek: WTF, how and why? Also, I thought they were $250, but apparently they're sold out.

earlyboomer
05-27-2008, 9:03 AM
Anyone still in the market for one of these?? Got one with less than 50 rounds fired and three mags. Let me know, expect it to go quick, asking $375 plus $15 to ship

psssniper
05-27-2008, 9:10 AM
earlyboomer I'll take the upper you have for sale, pm sent

earlyboomer
05-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Sounds good to me, PM reply with regular email address sent
Thanks!!

Timberland
05-27-2008, 7:50 PM
The mags explode?! :eek: WTF, how and why? Also, I thought they were $250, but apparently they're sold out.

The bolt dosent always close causing mag to blow out. Its happened enough to concern me, also no replacement parts, if something goes wrong.

maxicon
05-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Yep, OOB firing is an occasional problem on most older .22 uppers, and it usually destroys the mag, which is often hard to find. I've never had it happen on my DPMS upper, but I worry a bit every time I shoot it.

I don't know if the newer ones, like Spike's, have the same problem.

Saigon1965
05-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I have one but yet to use it. Got to go and pull that thing out of the safe here soon.

uscbigdawg
05-28-2008, 4:30 PM
They're awesome. I love mine and having hi-cap mags for them helps. :D

It's an awesome unit. Buy with confidence although I need to see if the Nordic Components 22 chasis is legal in CA. That's the HEAT! If anyone's interested, go to Cactus Tactical, tell him that uscbigdawg referred you there and you won't be disappointed.

Rich

2ndchance
08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
POST DELETED