PDA

View Full Version : Armalite Thanksgiving Sale

kmca
03-12-2008, 9:35 AM
Just curious. Is anyone else still waiting for their upper?

larryb
03-12-2008, 9:55 AM
Holy cow, you still waiting after all this time?

MrNiceGuy
03-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I jumped on the 2nd sale during (or was it after) Xmas and got mine in 3 weeks.
You might want to call them.

wceviper
03-12-2008, 10:30 AM
about 2-3 weeks for mine. Ordered it on thanksgiving.

DRM6000
03-12-2008, 10:35 AM
you should probably call them and find out if they even have you order.

kmca
03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
I've been calling them about twice a month and they keep telling me 2 weeks :(
The answer I've been getting is they're having production problems. Yesterday, they told me that their drill was broken and they're waiting for a replacement part and it should be here by the end of the month. I've been working on the "patience" thing :)

elSquid
03-12-2008, 10:36 AM

I received both of mine by the last week in January.

I ordered two uppers during the sale: a 16 and a 20. A couple of days later I received an email stating that the uppers were on backorder.

Around mid January I was concerned, so I popped off an email to Armalite. A couple of days later I checked my account at their web site and saw that my order had been shipped. I didn't get an email response, but I was happy to see the update.

Well, when it arrived the box only contained a single upper. The invoice with the upper only showed the one. My credit card had been charged for both.

So I fired off emails again to Armalite, including pictures of the box, the upper, and the invoice. After a brief email convo with someone in sales, they admitted their mistake and they sent the second upper.

Their order fulfillment system leaves much to be desired.

My suggestion is to be proactive. Send an email to sales, and to the person who notified you of the backorder. If you don't get a response after a day or so, I'd give them a call.

-- Michael

elroy
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
they may have been suprised by the flood of orders we hit them with by sharing the info on this site and perhaps a few from arf.com too , i had to wait a bit for mine but it was well worth it, i've not seen a deal as good b4 or since , did you order a 20 ? i think those were the ones they were short on , i think the go-to person there is drew

kmca
03-12-2008, 11:21 AM
they may have been suprised by the flood of orders we hit them with by sharing the info on this site and perhaps a few from arf.com too , i had to wait a bit for mine but it was well worth it, i've not seen a deal as good b4 or since , did you order a 20 ? i think those were the ones they were short on , i think the go-to person there is drew

Yes, it was a 20 inch flat top, and I have been talking to Drew (and a couple of others).

Fjold
03-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes, it was a 20 inch flat top, and I have been talking to Drew (and a couple of others).

I got lucky I guess, I got my 20" flat top the first part of December. I didn't know that they still had outstanding orders from that buy. You guys are certainly being patient.

elroy
03-12-2008, 11:24 AM
having worked in a machine shop i know they are probably not making money if they are backed up and delaying orders due to problems that cost $$$ to fix , the " drill " they spoke of could be a 100,000$ CNC monster for high production and push one wrong button as an operator and it could crash itself wich could take time , parts , factory techs to fix and get back on line , these things can be the size of a winnabego and need to be precise to .001 inch or finer, they are probably more frustrated with themselfs than you could be over 1 upper , be patient/polite when corresponding and i'm sure they'll do you right eventually , they seemed like good folks when i dealt with them

kmca
03-13-2008, 7:51 AM
I'm not angry and I think I've been patient and polite. If I came across as being upset, I will apologize to them. I just find it strange that they haven't put together a 20 inch upper since December. The only option they've offered me, was to cancel my order. I'll just continue making my biweekly calls.

jumbopanda
03-13-2008, 2:25 PM
Wow that sucks. I got mine in a couple of weeks. :shrug:

Keep up the persistent calls, there's no excuse for a delay like this. :90:

HUTCH 7.62
03-13-2008, 3:25 PM
I've been calling them about twice a month and they keep telling me 2 weeks :(
The answer I've been getting is they're having production problems. Yesterday, they told me that their drill was broken and they're waiting for a replacement part and it should be here by the end of the month. I've been working on the "patience" thing :)

2 weeks!! sounds like another thread a while back.