PDA

View Full Version : *FREE* TangoDown VFG - Green *FREE* Bushmaster 10/20 AWESOME magazine

aplinker
03-12-2008, 12:27 AM
CLOSED Please vote in new threads/polls

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91637

I've decided to give away my TangoDown Vertical Foregrip and a Bushmaster 10/20 we all know so well and adore.

The TangoDown is green. It's barely used. It's got all its lovely yummies in it to let you mount a light. It's worth like $50 or something around there.
http://www.mattdtactical.com/assets/images/tangofoliage.jpg

The BM mag is one of the curved, awesome, beautiful, perfect 10/20s. I have a few of them and, while I love how they look, function, etc... Other people need them for pics and such, so I'll pass this one on. It's worth about $35
http://images.outdoorinteractive.net/mgen/284187_d.jpg

Here are the overall conditions: ONE entry per person for only ONE of the two items (you'll need to choose).

Here are the conditions of the free TangoDown:

You'll need to post in this thread 3 bullet (zing) points of why you think you deserve it & something you'll do to help someone else out with it - whether it's pass along something to someone else, use it to teach someone to shoot, or ...... Please, don't make things up and don't try to be humorous for the sake of humor. We get it - your friends think you're witty. ;)

For the Bushmaster you'll do the same, but I'll have the additional condition that you can't keep it more than 60 days. I'll expect you to post it here to pass it on. It's really a picture posting magazine (even though they function like sweet creamery butter).

I'll pick 3 finalists for each item on Friday and will let people vote for the recipient.

At minimum, it should be fun.

All submissions must start with an "I'll Take It" picture (so I can tell the difference between them and the comments others make), followed by "VFG" or "Mag."

Have fun kiddos.

xYourLocalAR15x
03-12-2008, 12:51 AM
:Ivan: "VFG"

-been teaching a few females to shoot the AR, but they always complain about the rough edges on the rail system. This grip would prevent this from happening.
- would drastically help my brother and i with CQ combat shooting.
- if anyone needed to borrow it for a 3 gun match etc... i wouldnt mine lending it out.

take care guys!

aplinker
03-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Glad you messed up, so I can put this up early... don't forget this part:

All submissions must start with an "I'll Take It" picture followed by "VFG" or "Mag."

Oh and I'm afraid we're going to need to see photographic proof of the highlighted sections... it's for the children.

:Ivan:

-been teaching a few females to shoot the AR, but they always complain about the rough edges on the rail system. This grip would prevent this from happening.
- would drastically help my brother and i with CQ combat shooting.
- if anyone needed to borrow it for a 3 gun match etc... i wouldnt mine lending it out.

take care guys!

DedEye
03-12-2008, 1:38 AM
:Ivan:"VFG"

- It will give me an excuse to build another AR in an OD color scheme, probably an SPR or SDM-R clone
- Said rifle will have better optics on it, allowing myself and anyone who uses it to work on their long range accuracy
- It could be used to experiment with VFG placement on free float rails without having to remove my current VFG (gangsta style side VFG anyone?)

floorance
03-12-2008, 1:40 AM
NOOO!!!! son of a.....ill take the POF/Bushmas..oh wait.

eviioiive
03-12-2008, 2:31 AM
:Ivan: mag
-you like my knife
-my friend is building his first oll
-my father was a bruin

does that count?

JagerTroop
03-12-2008, 7:07 AM
:Ivan: MAG

• I'll be using this mag on a build for my brother... his 1st EBR

• My brother might just be the 1st registered Democrat with an AR (I'm turning him...slowly but surely :gunsmilie:)

• I have in the past, and will again, give away freebies

gunsmithcats
03-12-2008, 7:21 AM
VFG

1) Currently Deployed, I need a vertical foregrip for my service rifle.

2) Green helps better distinguish my rifle from everyone elses so that other Marines won't jack my crap.

3) i'd be more than happy to pass it on to another service member when I return to the states.
:)

ByteMe72
03-12-2008, 7:24 AM
:Ivan: Mag

- I'm a new CalGunner getting to know just how cool this board is.

- I'm a brand spanking new AR-type owner, just built out my first bullet-button OLL and need a 10 rounder to complete it.

- When my friends at the range see my new baby, complete with a cool-looking Bushmaster 10/20, we'll immediately have an outbreak of BGD (Black Gun Disease)! (Hey, this helps us all in that the more Evil Black Gun owners there are, the better!)

:cool2:

emc002
03-12-2008, 7:34 AM
I was going to post for the VFG, but give it to the Marine, his reasons are way better than any BS I'd come up with.
Besides, mine would just be witty (all my friends tell me so)! ;)

UncleJohnny
03-12-2008, 8:14 AM
*I think gunsmithcats (usmc) should take the grip, It will go to a good cause.
*Sometimes you have to buy some of your own equipment. Gets expensive quick.
*Combat usage!! It'll have history. Allah Akbar!! You infidel.........

JagerTroop
03-12-2008, 8:26 AM
VFG

2) Green helps better distinguish my rifle from everyone elses so that other Marines won't jack my crap.

3) i'd be more than happy to pass it on to another service member when I return to the states.

My vote goes here... let him have it

Hitman
03-12-2008, 8:39 AM
:D VFG

1. I am passing along the shooting skills to my two boys ages 9 & 12. Two new up and coming shooters to the firearms community.
2. I also converted the spouse to the shooting sports. Now she goes shooting on her own at the local range and also has taken possession of my P7M8. She has laid claim to it as she likes it so much...:(
3. Proudly serving currently in the military. Been separated from the family for about 1 1/2 years now, only being able to see them every other weekend.

Do I win. Do I win ;)

Tho Gunsmithcats has a real need for them.

Soldier415
03-12-2008, 8:42 AM
:Ivan: VFG

1. I'm going to Afghanistan in November
2. I'm going to use it while I kill the enemy
3. It can, in a pinch, replace the stick commonly found in an Officer's a**

palakaboy
03-12-2008, 8:50 AM

*It's for my brother's Joining the Army Present
*I'm a broke college student so it's hard for me to bring him the awesome gucci gear that he deserves.
*you're seriously awesome for doing this- Ingenious actually.

Diabolus
03-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Not entering, but good on you for giving up some stuff.

I'll play again later this week.

Jicko
03-12-2008, 11:00 AM
VFG

My vote goes to him too.

gunsmithcats, post some pics to justify your claim.... and uclaplinker should send that to your deployment station/base....

uclap: this is a great idea. Maybe I can dig out some gears to give out for a good cause too.... ;)

REDHORSE
03-12-2008, 12:11 PM

• For the past 3+ years I've brought several of my CA Reg AWs to the annual Turner's Sports Shooting Fair @ Raahauge range and have spread EBR & AW fever to several hundred attendees every year. Giving the general public a chance to shoot AWs they have never or rarely get a chance to shoot.

Showing the general public that these aren't as evil as they are portrayed in the media & by the politicians, that they do have a sporting purpose, and are very fun to shoot. I'll be there again in June '08 @ the S.S.A. berms.

• After SB-23, I and along with several of fellow CA shooters from a couple of shooting forums (AR15.com & AK47.net) organized dozen of EBR & AW shoots in SOCAL.

We organized shoots at Burro Canyon range, Angeles range, and Lyttle Creek range. We rented bays or parts of the range to spread EBR fever. We had BBQs and organized matches with prizes & cash provided by our sponsors. To prove the sporting purposes of AWs. We had as many as 100 shooters come to our shoots/ BBQs/ matches.These were known as Webshooters (www.webshooters.org) shoots.

The goal was that each shooter brought friends/ neighbors/ co-workers (non-shooters, noobs, fence sitters, anti-gunners) to these shoots, to show them that these AWs had a purpose, taught the noobs how to shoot safely, and how fun they were in a safe environment. Hoping to turn some non-gun people to our side.

We don't host anymore Weshooters events, but we are still active in many of the SOCAL shooting events in some capacity.

• I am always trying to get new shooters involved with shooting competitions. Bringing them to matches and sharing my equipment.

Spodeley
03-12-2008, 1:12 PM
Good contest! :-) I especially like:
*Combat usage!! It'll have history.

Noticing the popularity of something that's got a little honest wear, tradition, and combat associated with it, I really hope these guns (and parts) will in the future be as well and highly regarded as our Elders' M1 Garands, Carbines, and old Slab-sides...
Having said that, a little documentation goes a long way to keeping the campfire stories alive.
I wish I knew more about what and where my Grandfather's Oct. 1900-SN# M-1898 Krag saw its blueing turn to plum brown...Or the places the old 1909 Colt .45 New Service saw action - or even inaction. Maybe it spent many afternoons in a holster hanging on a hooker's bedpost in the humid tropics...
Keep the memories alive guys.

slick_711
03-12-2008, 3:11 PM
VFG

If you don't get this one I'll send you a new one, PM me your address. I'll find a decent VFG for you from TPF or CWS and see if they can ship direct to you to get it there a few days sooner.

JohnV
03-12-2008, 5:43 PM
I'll take one mag please.

v88dx
03-12-2008, 7:15 PM
+1-gunsmithcats
thank you for your service good luck out there
hey i'm deploying this summer. if you get it maybe send it my way when u head back. even though i'm not a marine. California army national guard headed to the box

aplinker
03-12-2008, 8:04 PM

:confused:

Digital_Hate
03-12-2008, 8:50 PM

1.im slowly building a ar for my wife. she wants green accents on it to honor her dad he was a die hard marine. he was all about the marine green fighting machine
2. its taking me forever to build it due to having kids and money goes to them first. but i need to hurry since her b-day is 5-24-08
3.5-24-08 is also are Anniversary. so what better way to honor a marine,celebrate a b-day and anniversary then give her her dream AR that was helped made by you

USN CHIEF
03-12-2008, 8:54 PM

1. Because I am a handsome dude.
2. Because I am greedy and want to have more cooler gun parts than other people..
3. Because I will trade it for something better..

aplinker
03-12-2008, 9:07 PM

1. Because I am a handsome dude.
2. Because I am greedy and want to have more cooler gun parts than other people..
3. Because I will trade it for something better..

I guess reading comprehension is down the list for Navy enlistment? :p

Please, don't make things up and don't try to be humorous for the sake of humor. We get it - your friends think you're witty. ;)

TacFan
03-12-2008, 9:15 PM
how much is shipping ? :D

Good luck to everyone. Thanks for doing this plinker :)

rue
03-12-2008, 10:50 PM
VFG

^^^^If you don't get the VFG PM me and I'll send you one and a care pack. Thanks for your service to our country! :D

DedEye
03-12-2008, 11:21 PM
VFG

Winner, right here. We should just end the contest right now ;).

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/Failboat.jpg

morepoop4u
03-12-2008, 11:25 PM

1. I help people build their aks and cetmes and sell mag locks dirt cheap to spread the offlist disease.:D

2. It prevents my friend from shooting like this because he doesn't like the muzzle climb on my ak. http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2007/02/05/child-topper.jpgHe seriously shoots better with a vfg than gripping the mag.

3. It's another awsome thing I can put my guns so I can convince my friends to build one of their own as cool as mine.

P.S. I can pick it up since I live by UCLA now and will do a UCLA 8 clap if you give it to me haha...

USMC_2651_E5
03-12-2008, 11:33 PM
VFG

I stopped reading the posts and decided not to ask because this one deserves the VFG. Semper Fi Marine!

ar15barrels
03-12-2008, 11:36 PM

He wins.

pwall
03-12-2008, 11:37 PM
-i want it
-i need it
-dont give it to me cause im not giving it back!:eek:

WhiteDingo
03-13-2008, 8:49 AM

-I'm building my buddy's neighbor his first Cali legal AR
-It would save me the hassle of ordering another mag for him.
-The story about acquiring the mag would get him onto calguns!

gunn
03-13-2008, 11:21 AM

- I'm planning on starting my first OLL build after convincing myself that
a) the SU-16 isn't that amusing a rifle even though it folds up like a pretzel
b) theres enough of a critical mass of OLLs out there that I "probably" won't be pulled in by an overzealous cop who doesn't like the cut of my jib.
c) my fiancee will "probably" still marry me if I come home with yet another rifle

- The plastic mags that came with the Su-16 are kind of crappy so I'd like to compare it to a "real" mag.

- Having more than two mags will help me teach my fiancee to shoot. This may take a while though. I've gotten her to not run screaming from the room when I break apart a rifle for cleaning. She ignores them now so that's a start ;)

As per your instructions, I'm trying to be as unfunny as possible.
-g

Gunner1
03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Give it to gunssmithcats. I cannot believe anyone would need it more.
In fact contact me also for care package.

Gunner

Soldier415
03-13-2008, 1:06 PM
I guess reading comprehension is down the list for Navy enlistment? :p

The Chief has friends? :confused:

paco ramirez
03-13-2008, 4:49 PM

1. I'm building my first AR15 rifle.

2. I'm 17 years old, and do CAD of firearms, parts, silencers for people.

3. Give it to gunssmithcats, because he needs it more than I do, I'll just buy one. (I just noticed his cause).

cobra198
03-13-2008, 9:31 PM

Been lookin for one of these mags for a while, but man they are hard to find! I would like to test it out, then take some pics of my AR with it.

Soon I am helping my brother build up his first AR. He shot mine a while back, and fell in love. I am helping him plan it out, and I'd pass on the mag to him, to get his build started!

Thanks for the chance!

Cheers!

:cheers2:

aplinker
03-13-2008, 9:34 PM
Let me update this... You have until Midnight tomorrow (Friday) to "enter."

I'm guessing, unless you're a Special Forces guy who's lost a dog, wife, house burned down and 3 brothers in action this month, there's very little chance you're getting the VFG.

Keep them coming on the mag, though. Good luck to all. Remember, the mag can't be kept. It needs to be passed along, and we require pics :D

xYourLocalAR15x
03-14-2008, 5:48 AM
Glad you messed up, so I can put this up early... don't forget this part:

Oh and I'm afraid we're going to need to see photographic proof of the highlighted sections... it's for the children.

fixed it right before ya replied! ahaha

I could show pictures, but then i'd have to post nudes of myself too... package deal! ahha

I'm out of this contest, let a soldier that is deployed have it. the girls can wait and keep complaining :)

aplinker
03-15-2008, 11:02 PM
CLOSED Please vote in new threads/polls

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91637