View Full Version : Oooooh yeah! New Schrade

03-23-2014, 12:25 AM
I love it. Although I prefer the handle material on the SCHF9, this blade is AOK...Oh, btw, that white line on the blade is a dog hair not a blemish. I just didnt want to take another pic;)

03-23-2014, 3:24 PM
That shar is a purdy knife you got thar boy...:D

Like mine better thou:cool:

Just picked up this little rarity a few weeks ago.

03-23-2014, 4:58 PM
Rarity is right, nice blade. I just found out that they closed down factory some years back:( Everything now is owned by Taylor brand and made over sea's...

The SCHF10 was made in China:mad: Still a very well made knife for $39- 2 day Amazon Prime! The sheath is OK but is lacking. I noticed the SCHF9 has a much better sheath. I had to use a heat gun to warm up the inner lining of hard plastic and mold it better to the blade, it was rattling.

03-23-2014, 9:31 PM
Yup that was a sad day in 2004 when the news came down.

Oh here are a few of the 226OTs cousins. Little bit more deer blood on them but still as purdy as a supermodel with mud on her face.

153UH first hunting knife my Dad purchased for me back in the early 80's

225OT is the doppleganger to the 226OT which was meant specifically for the European market and came with a Stainless Schrade+ blade and reversed saw clip blade placement.

03-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Oooh nice! Stag horn?

I had one like that when I was a kid, it was a gift from my grandfather (step grandpa but he was still cool). Im not sure if mine was Schrade or not but it looked just like that one.

Rule .308
03-23-2014, 10:57 PM
It is more than likely "Staglon" still nice though. I remember ShotShow that year, that was where I learned that Schrade had gone under, extremely sad day indeed.

03-23-2014, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I just found out a couple days ago...lol Still left an empty feeling though. Although Taylor owns them now, I am impressed with this survival knife.

Another good thing about this blade is the 1/4" thickness. Also, even though its not a 1095 carbon blade likes its predecessor, the 8Cr13Mov SS should be Ok. Not as hard but it has better anti rust properties.

03-24-2014, 6:14 AM
Staglon handle for the 153uh.

50 Shooter
03-24-2014, 6:53 AM
One of the guys I used to work with came up to me one day and said "gimme 20 bucks". I gave him that look and asked him what I was getting? He came back from his car and said "here, last American made schrade"! And then told me they were closing the factory and moving it overseas.