PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Senators and Chris Christie need Mass Emails before Thursday!

Mrninninnin
03-22-2014, 9:43 PM
SenVanDrew@njleg.org

SenWhelan@njleg.org

SenSweeney@njleg.org

SenMadden@njleg.org

SenNorcross@njleg.org

SenBeach@njleg.org

SenAllen@njleg.org

SenAddiego@njleg.org

SenConnors@njleg.org

SenHolzapfel@njleg.org

SenBeck@njleg.org

SenThompson@njleg.org

SenKyrillos@njleg.org

SenGreenstein@njleg.org

SenTurner@njleg.org

SenBateman@njleg.org

SenBSmith@njleg.org

SenBarnes@njleg.org

SenVitale@njleg.org

SenLesniak@njleg.org

SenKean@njleg.org

SenScutari@njleg.org

SenDoherty@njleg.org

SenOroho@njleg.org

SenBucco@njleg.org

SenPennacchio@njleg.org

SenCodey@njleg.org

SenRice@njleg.org

SenRuiz@njleg.org

SenSinger@njleg.org

SenCunningham@njleg.org

SenSacco@njleg.org

SenStack@njleg.org

SenGill@njleg.org

SenPou@njleg.org

SenSarlo@njleg.org

SenWeinberg@njleg.org

SenGordon@njleg.org

SenCardinale@njleg.org

SenOToole@njleg.org

CHRIS CHRISTIE Gov.
http://www.state.nj.us/governor/contact/

Mrninninnin
03-22-2014, 9:50 PM
"Copy and Paste... Copy and Paste... This is how IIIIII... got Kiiiicked off Youtube..." sung with the melody of "Silver and Gold", Burl Ives, Rudolph,... wasn't one of the misfit toys a gun that fired by itself? And that is why he was sad?

six seven tango
03-22-2014, 9:54 PM
And just what might we need to email them about? Little background or link might be helpful. :facepalm:

And why would they even listen to anyone from CA? :confused:

Mrninninnin
03-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Major Vote On Gun Bills Thursday the 27th. Well six seven, if you feel comfortable in the confines of your state, so be it. I, however, am going to save the whole country. By myself if I have to. Have you emailed the President yet? I have. Have you emailed All 100 U.S. Senators yet? I have. And I'm going to continue emailing these crooks, letting them know that they have the entire country watching there schemes. No disrespect six...

ryan_j
03-23-2014, 5:02 AM
This was supposed to be about A2006 and A2777..

A2006/S993 - 10-Round Magazine Limit
A2777 - restricts reasonable deviations when transporting firearms

However, those bills have mysteriously disappeared from the legislative calendar. They were supposed to be heard in the Senate on Monday.

I have heard that they now plan to push it past the budget hearing in April.

Why they've done so is uncertain, but I suspect it has to do with the fact that when the bill was in the assembly, two democrats from the district of the main proponent of the bill - Senate President Steve Sweeney - voted against it.

Anyway I would urge you to help us keep up the pressure. We are doing so as well.

We really appreciated the help last year through Firearms Policy Coalition, and we are more than happy to return the favor. Those of us in battleground states need to stick together...

ryan_j
03-23-2014, 5:04 AM
Here is the ANJRPC alert:

SENATE REPRIEVE?
GUN BAN / MAG BAN MISSING FROM
MONDAY'S COMMITTEE AGENDA

The agenda for Monday's Senate Law and Public Safety Committee meeting is out, and S993 (gun ban / mag ban) is not on it. While that could change at any time, reliable sources in Trenton tell us that an "issue" has arisen that is prompting the legislation to be held until after the budget recess in April.

Whether the "issue" is the outrage of thousands of gun owners, hunters and sportsmen,the realization that the legislation and its amendments are fundamentally flawed, or something else, reports of the reprieve, if accurate, would represent a significant break in the momentum of this legislation. Anti-gun lawmakers have been on a full court press since February to get this legislation to the Governor's desk, and great pains were taken to reschedule an Assembly hearing (after it was cancelled due to winter storm Titan) so the bill could be delivered to the Governor this month.

While gun owners should remain prepared to come to Trenton Monday morning if something changes over the weekend, as of this afternoon it does not appear that will be necessary. Should we receive contrary information over the weekend, we will issue a follow-up alert.

In the meanwhile, there should be no break in the momentum from our end. Gun owners, hunters and sportsmen must continue to weigh in by email with every State Senator, and by phone and fax with their individual State Senator. Tell them to oppose S993 (gun ban / mag ban).

Mrninninnin
03-23-2014, 7:19 AM
Hey ryan, do you have a link to the Legislative Calendar? Can't seem to find it or I'm to stupid(not dumb).

"Artists know that diligence counts as much, if not more, as inspiration; in art, as in politics, patience counts as much as revolution." Tony Kushner

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/diligence_2.html#DK4qrhuPoScIT5mL.99

Mrninninnin
03-23-2014, 7:24 AM
Is this it?

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/legislativepub/legcal.asp

six seven tango
03-23-2014, 7:46 AM
Major Vote On Gun Bills Thursday the 27th. Well six seven, if you feel comfortable in the confines of your state, so be it. I, however, am going to save the whole country. By myself if I have to. Have you emailed the President yet? I have. Have you emailed All 100 U.S. Senators yet? I have. And I'm going to continue emailing these crooks, letting them know that they have the entire country watching there schemes. No disrespect six...

Actually, I do believe in fighting for the 2A on a national level. However, not everyone keeps up on every single bill on a state/local level. So when someone starts a thread telling everyone to email NJ politicians without a "why" or a link, it makes it difficult for us to put together an argument focused on the specific bill that you're trying to spotlight.

Simply put, links are your friend, and you're gonna need to use them on this site or people will ignore your post.

This was supposed to be about A2006 and A2777..

A2777 - restricts reasonable deviations when transporting firearms....

Thank you ryan. That's what I was looking for. Now my email can be tailored to 10 round mags and transportation restrictions.

...Those of us in battleground states need to stick together...

This ^^^ 1000%

Jimi Jah
03-23-2014, 10:31 AM
NJ cares about Californians about as much as Californians care about New Jersey.

WE got Moonbeam, they got fatso.

ryan_j
03-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Is this it?

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/legislativepub/legcal.asp

Yes.

Gun bills are under law and public safety but as you see they are missing.

ryan_j
03-23-2014, 10:49 AM
NJ cares about Californians about as much as Californians care about New Jersey.

WE got Moonbeam, they got fatso.

Well as a matter of fact we do care about what happens in California. We have been watching Peruta and Richards with interest, and have been supporting the Firearms Policy Coalition. I know I personally have sent faxes and emails to California legislators because I don't want out legislators to think they can one up you guys. Besides I have family living in Oceanside and Marysville, and my company has offices in Los Angeles that I may go to fr time to time.

mrrabbit
03-23-2014, 10:53 AM
The power of email = convenience...

...but that is also the weakness of email.

It means you only show up when it's convenient.

Your politicians judge your moral compass each and every time you communicate with them. How you do it give them their read on YOU.

If you want to be treated as 1-2 votes to worry about:

1. Be there.
2. Send a letter via snail mail from home to office.

If you want to be treated as 1 vote to worry about:

1. Pick up that phone and call 'em and don't hide your name or location.
2. Sign your letter - and fax it from home phone to office phone.

If you want to be treated at 0.10 votes to worry about:

1. Send an email.

If you want to be treated as a hypocrite - someone who expects others to do the dirty work:

1. Use someone else e-petition to send your message.
2. Let someone else deliver a letter for you.

...sure the politician will smile and thank you for you input - but expect your input has already been submitted to the "Trash Bin".

=8-)

ryan_j
03-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Christie's staff looks at email. I know this from first hand experience.

The legislature is a different matter entirely. It is much better to fax or snail mail them, or simply show up at the hearings or their offices since some are known to just delete email.

LostInSpace
03-23-2014, 11:46 AM
A2777 - restricts reasonable deviations when transporting firearms.

I thought A2777 was the bone they were going to throw to the gun owners for reducing the magazine capacity limit. E.g., right now you can go to jail if you stop at a rest area on the way to a range, but under A2777 you could stop at a rest area. So, is A27777 all bad or does it just need a tweak to be satisfactory?

I am not from NJ, so I can be totally off.

safewaysecurity
03-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Christie will only veto to help his Presidential run. I bet he will trick a lot of dumb calgunners to vote for him and theyll think hes pro 2A like Romney lol. I can tell you the solid pro 2A people running for Pres are Rand Paul, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, and Scott Walker. THATS IT!

ryan_j
03-23-2014, 11:59 AM
I thought A2777 was the bone they were going to throw to the gun owners for reducing the magazine capacity limit. E.g., right now you can go to jail if you stop at a rest area on the way to a range, but under A2777 you could stop at a rest area. So, is A27777 all bad or does it just need a tweak to be satisfactory?

I am not from NJ, so I can be totally off.

It is, except that it is not.

Under the existing law, "reasonable deviations" could mean anything. BUt with this bill, it will be reduced to just a few specific things - gas, restroom or emergencies.

Even worse, in the hearings the sponsor was asked to define what an emergency situation was.

"Would a flat tire be considered an emergency situation?"
Sponsor - "Yes."

"What about picking up your child from school if he or she got sick?"
Sponsor - "No, that would not be covered."

Yeah I don't get it either...

The original bill, introduced last year by Jeff Van Drew covered more situations and was more open ended. But not this bill.

Last year's bill (S2721, Senate version):

Reasonably necessary deviations shall include, but not be limited to, collecting and discharging passengers; purchasing gasoline, food, medicine, or other supplies; using a restroom; or contending with an emergency situation.

This year's bill (A2777, Assembly version):
For the purposes of this section, “deviations as are reasonably necessary” means collecting and discharging passengers whose transportation is permitted under paragraph (2) of subsection b., subsection e., or paragraph (1) or (3) of subsection f. of this section, purchasing fuel, using a restroom, and contending with an emergency situation. A person transporting a weapon pursuant to this subsection shall comply with all other applicable State laws relating to weapons.

So you see, they turned a good bill into a bad one.

ryan_j
03-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Christie will only veto to help his Presidential run. I bet he will trick a lot of dumb calgunners to vote for him and theyll think hes pro 2A like Romney lol. I can tell you the solid pro 2A people running for Pres are Rand Paul, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz, and Scott Walker. THATS IT!

I'm not even sure of Walker...

I support Rand Paul, particularly because of his positions against domestic spying.

Mrninninnin
03-24-2014, 3:58 PM
Thanks Six...

safewaysecurity
03-24-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm not even sure of Walker...

I support Rand Paul, particularly because of his positions against domestic spying.

I'm not 100% sure on Walker either but he's friendly to the NRA and I don't think he's ever vetoed any of the pro-gun bills. But he also hasn't had to deal with a Sandy Hook. But the others I mentioned I'm 100% sure on.

I'm a Rand Paul supporter as well.

Barney Fife
03-25-2014, 8:22 AM
Granted I don't give Infowars and the rest the time of day either, but in this context it shows the respect our elected officials have for us:

cW9niDJ2DK0