PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 10/22 22mag value?

gunrun45
03-11-2008, 6:36 PM
So, if a guy had a NIB Ruger 10/22 in 22 mag what would it go for these days. I haven't seen them in a while for sale and just know that I couldn't find one to get a price idea...

Thanks in advance.

Update: I picked up the rifles and now have some questions...

#1 is an older one extracotr type NIB (really). Not much to say about that one.

#2 is a newer type that has really little wear on it and looks like it spent most of its life in somebody's closet corner after about 50 rounds down the tube. This one has the two extractor system and I'm kinda worried after Neo's comments about bolt fracture... Shoudl I try and retro fit an older single extractor bolt (available?) Or should I just try and upgrade to a Volq. 22mag/ 17hmr holt (available alone?)

Thoughts?

Flux Capacitor
03-11-2008, 6:41 PM
I am not sure. They don't make them anymore. They had problems with them extracting

NeoWeird
03-11-2008, 7:27 PM
It depends. As said they had problems extracting, so Ruger went to a double extractor bolt. This led to bolt fractures. Last I heard, they were replacing Ruger 10/22 Magnums sent in for waranty work for higher end rimfire rifles, particularly the M77 series if I remember right (at customers approval of course).

The single extractor bolts are more desirable as the extraction issue can be tweaked for each rifle where as the bolt fracturing can't really be prevented, only delayed. Prices I have seen range in the $300-550 range depending on condition, accessories, shape, etc.

For the most part, figure about a $150-200 premium over a standard Ruger 10/22 of similar shape, condition, etc.

Fishwrestler
03-11-2008, 7:44 PM
So, if a guy had a NIB Ruger 10/22 in 22 mag what would it go for these days. I haven't seen them in a while for sale and just know that I couldn't find one to get a price idea...

Thanks in advance.

They discontinued them. Meaning that are bad guns if you have one I will take it off your hands for DROS and a case of adult beverage of your choice as a favor mind you :smartass:
Robert
In all honesty I have seen them going for $600 people on rimfire central looking for them to convert into 17 HMR/s

gunrun45
03-12-2008, 6:19 AM
Thanks all in advance.
I have a lead on 2 NIB and wanted to see what they were worth before we started to haggle on price.

scootergmc
03-12-2008, 6:28 AM
I have seen them NIB $5-600. It's been a while since I've seen one or looked too hard...

Spyder
03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
If ya get a really good deal, and don't want both of them, I've been looking like hell for one at a reasonable price. Lemme know if you want to get rid of one of them for a little profit...

50 Freak
03-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Why buy one of those for $600, when a Magnum Reasearch gun is better made for the .17 and is ready to go at $750.

If you buy a Ruger, you're going to have to spend more then $150 to upgrade it to a .17

Spyder
03-12-2008, 8:47 PM
I want one because it'd be fun in 22 magnum...

And I have about ten thousand rounds of 22 magnum ammo with nothing to shoot it out of other than an Automag II that I don't want to wear out.

gunrun45
03-12-2008, 11:14 PM
50 Freak: I know. We saw that nice Volquartsen (sp?) at River City too...
I think I can get these 2 for a good deal though and I'll most likely leave them as 22mags.

I'm thinking seriously of keeping both though since they don't make them anymore and I have been looking for one for so long.

TKM
03-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I got $650 for mine, buyer didn't even blink.

There is/was one listed on GlockTalk last week for $775.

It's a sellers market. They aren't making any more.

Spyder
03-13-2008, 1:01 AM
Yea, I see 'em for seven hundred + quite a bit...and they're not worth that much to me, so I haven't bought one. If I ever get into one for under six though, I'll jump on in it.

sb_pete
03-13-2008, 1:30 AM
Yea, I see 'em for seven hundred + quite a bit...and they're not worth that much to me, so I haven't bought one. If I ever get into one for under six though, I'll jump on in it.

+1, I've been thinking about getting one to do a 17HMR conversion and seeing them for $700+ as well. At less than $600, I'd say go for it now. That said, I think they had about a $100-150 premium over reg 10/22s when they were being sold and I imagine ruger will be reintroducing them sooner or later soo....

Spyder
03-13-2008, 8:39 AM
Ha...funny story about my search for a Ruger 10/22 Magnum actually...
I had a deal all worked out to pick up a barely used, REALLY nice 10/22 mag with walnut stock and all for three hundred and fifty bucks. It was from the boyfriend of a friend of mine. Not sure how the time frame worked out, really, but at some point I found myself without a 10/22 magnum and with an unwilling-to-sell 10/22 magnum owner...

and a new wife who just happened to be his ex girlfriend.

Strange how that works out, eh? By the very nature of it, she kept me from getting one of the guns I really wanted!