View Full Version : Did anyone else have problems putting magpul xl's on daniel defense

03-11-2008, 6:19 PM
Any tips on how to get these on ?

03-11-2008, 6:47 PM
I put them on my Omega. It was very hard to do. I think I may have even cried from the frustration I experienced.

I just kept working them on there. I would take the rail panels and bend the edges back and forth to try to make them more pliable before sticking them on the rail.

It took me a bit but I finally got them all on there.

03-11-2008, 6:58 PM
I assume you mean "XT", right? You could try heating them up with a hair dryer to make them more pliable. Align one side along the rail and then start with the bottom edge and get it started and then work your way along the bottom edge. Bend it out slightly and then press down, then move over another rail, repeat...

03-11-2008, 7:30 PM
They are a pain in the you know what. Keep working with them and eventually you will get them on.

03-11-2008, 9:52 PM
There's an art to it... once you get how they go on you'll get it.

The best I can describe it is to bend out, as much as you can, 1 side and then attach the other all the way on. Push the bent out side on.

03-12-2008, 1:48 AM
I just use KAC panels. :D

03-12-2008, 6:03 PM
Break them in a bit by pulling on the ledge and running your fingers down them pushing them out. They are just a little stiff at first. Give them time, you'll end up loving them.