PDA

View Full Version : GSG took my feedback seriously and is developing a 2nd gen stock. They e-mailed me!

Solidsnake87
03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
When I first received my GSG-5, I was very impressed with the quality and reliability of the rifle. I was, however, very disappointed with the quality of the stock. I sent them the following e-mail:

Hello ATI!

I just recently purchased a GSG-5 through ATlantic Firearms. I must say, this is one really awesome plinker! However, there are a few negatives that I would like for you to pass onto the manufacturer. The stock is horribly assembled. A stronger adhesive is needed very badly. Mine split into its two halves the first time I placed it on my rifle! This is nothing Epoxy cannot fix but this is something that should be remedied fast on other rifles that will be imported. This information is currently flying through the forums on AR15.com and Calguns.net, just two name two biggies. We all love this rifle very much! Its reliable, awesome looking, and keeps ammo costs down. However, I speak for all of the members on the two sites I named with regards to the stock issue. Many of us have purchased high-end airsoft stocks because the construction is far more robust than that of the GSG standard stock assembly. Please look into the stock issue! It wouldn't hurt to see them possibly fill it with a dense foam at the factory to add some weight either!

Regards,

Clark Churchill

They responded a while back saying that they forwarded the e-mail to germany and very much appreciated the feedback. I checked my e-mail today and found this.

Hi Clark,

I have good news for everyone. GSG is developing a new stock for their gun. Mean time they have improved the original batch by using your epoxy idea to adhere the parts together. Anyone that has a problem will be sent this improved stock by us or directly by GSG at no charge of course.

GSG is a quality company and we join them to stand behind their product 100%.

Sincerely,

Tony DiChario

I'm going to send them a few more ideas. I'm hoping they'll develop metal selector levers and a Navy-style, bullet-marked lower

69Mach1
03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Wow! Great cusomer service.

Socal858
03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
good job

jandmtv
03-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Very nice! Well done SS.

Ryan HBC
03-11-2008, 3:56 PM
How many more GSG threads do you think you can make in the next week or so? I think this will put you into double digits.

Just sayin'...

!@#$
03-11-2008, 4:17 PM
broken stocks have been reported since the first gsg5s have been tested. i doubt your email is what got them to redesign it. if it makes you happy keep sending them emails.:p

RaceDay
03-11-2008, 6:08 PM
Good work. Anything to improve future product is fine by me.

And I don't mind the GSG threads. I'm keeping an eye on all 22lr products with ammo prices headed up up and away.

Addax
03-11-2008, 6:14 PM
Nice! :D

Quiet
03-11-2008, 7:30 PM
I'm going to send them a few more ideas. I'm hoping they'll develop metal selector levers and a Navy-style, bullet-marked lower

Email them to import the factory 10 round magazines first!!!!! ;)

Shane916
03-11-2008, 8:00 PM
Email them to import the factory 10 round magazines first!!!!! ;)

omg yes +1 to that!

aplinker
03-11-2008, 10:53 PM
The real Navy lowers use plastic selectors.

mike452
03-11-2008, 11:27 PM
This is great!

Finally a company that really take customer suggestions seriously!
I'm going to order one just because of this.